Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater

Calaveron posted:

May God have mercy on his soul

Just be glad nobody suggested Douglas Adams' "Bureaucracy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bureaucracy is a motherfuck and may be experienced by LP if you're not raw as hell at text games.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Doc Faustus posted:

Just be glad nobody suggested Douglas Adams' "Bureaucracy"

I honestly can't decide which one is worse.

Go play Shrapnel. :v:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Wandering Knitter posted:

Go play Shrapnel. :v:

I would recommend Shrapnel too, though I think you should have at least some prior experience with text adventures to fully appreciate it.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

I liked Shade, which has kind of a Twilight Zone atmosphere. It's short but sweet and the author appears to have more games on his site, but I haven't tried them.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Achewood is a pretty good strip that I enjoy reading from time to time. What do you guys think about Achewood?

Muffin Loaf
Aug 9, 2006

You muffin to me?
You muffin to ME?
Has anyone's Cookbook 2 shipped yet? I thought they were supposed to go out the 15th but I haven't heard anything yet.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

:siren: New strip! :siren:

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

...I can't actually count the punchlines. Dear Lord, I love Achewood.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

People would take Kim Jong-Il more seriously if he changed his name to Ultraviolet Thunder.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
welp this arc just redeemed itself in my eyes

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
How do you tell it apart from the old Fox News, is the obvious question

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man he REALLY likes peeling out!

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Everyone has opinions and can criticize whatever they want. I personally laughed quite a bit reading this comic. Yay.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
What does it say in the puddle?!

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Everything he's been typing. Look back a comic, third section. See the part about pregnant women being chained?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
See, this is why I don't have a problem with magical realism. I do miss the good ol' days of one-offs every two-three days, but with stuff of this quality...

Goddamn, I love Achewood.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

:frogsiren:NEW STRIP:frogsiren:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp, i said i was getting tired of magical realism, but this just keeps getting better. We should all learn to trust Onstad more i think.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That is some world class disdain in that strip.

Muffin Loaf
Aug 9, 2006

You muffin to me?
You muffin to ME?
For anyone that was curious about my Cookbook 2 inquiry, turns out there was some mishap/delay in the printing and they won't be shipping until mid-November. Bummer.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Muffin Loaf posted:

For anyone that was curious about my Cookbook 2 inquiry, turns out there was some mishap/delay in the printing and they won't be shipping until mid-November. Bummer.

A delay? On a date Achewood related? UNTHINKABLE!

I kid, I kid 'cause I love. Probably the publisher's fault, too.

VVVV Nothing will top beer can chicken for me :colbert: VVVV

Zefiel fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 26, 2009

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Let's not point fingers...until we are pointing them straight down into the new cookbook and going, "NOW THAT IS AN EASY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE THAT WILL SATISFY WHAT I BELIEEEEEEVE IN!"

Seriously, people, I have a technique for some god-damned fine fried chicken in this book. What y'all's technique? Mine's gone to press, won't affect it none.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.
We are a big fan of doing an egg wash, then a breading of a mix of cornmeal and flour with a few spices mixed in, then pan-fried.

Now I am hungry ... for more cookbook.

(I loved the first one, The Dogg is Home is a great late night study food. And Flavor Burgers were a big hit at the last barbeque I went to)

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, dredge in seasoned flour, THEN in the milk/egg wash, then in the flour again. Fry. The first flour coat helps the coating stick to the chicken.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
The one time I tried to make fried chicken at home the house filled up with smoke and everything smelled delicious for the next few days.

I've been banned from cooking it ever again. :(

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man
Book 2 just arrived in the mail, GOF is coming in later (some issues with the order, didn't really understand but whatever). Best birthday gifts ever, I love everything, the air and animals, peace.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Finally got book 2 from amazon, and it is a treat. The prologue and history of Achewood chapters almost make it worth the purchase price alone. My one complaint is that it seems sparse on actual comics, but that's probably because he had to pack all those pre-cats comics in the back which I only skimmed through.

I liked Lyle's origin best.

Muffin Loaf
Aug 9, 2006

You muffin to me?
You muffin to ME?
I too loved all the original content in Volume 2 (HEY, BEEFY BEEF BEEF! BEEFY WANNA GUINNESS?) but I really can't wait for the inevitable volume 3. That will get into the really cream-of-the-crop comics and also he promised to do pieces on the cats. I love Vol 2 but I can already tell I'll love future ones more.

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

I did it wit my lil hatchet
Hey, can someone find for me the comic where Teodor has a dream in which he takes his mouth off and his name in the dream isn't Teodor? I can't remember anything useful to search for.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ghost Captain posted:

Hey, can someone find for me the comic where Teodor has a dream in which he takes his mouth off and his name in the dream isn't Teodor? I can't remember anything useful to search for.

This one?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's really hard to capture the sense of dream logic in a comic strip, but I feel like that strip captures it just perfectly, the way things that never were are not only established fact, but entirely reasonable in your own mind.

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

I did it wit my lil hatchet

Futuristic Farts posted:

This one?

Yes, exactly that one!
Thanks. That mouth is horrifying.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

It's really hard to capture the sense of dream logic in a comic strip, but I feel like that strip captures it just perfectly, the way things that never were are not only established fact, but entirely reasonable in your own mind.

I know exactly what you mean. And it's not until you wake up that you realize how hosed up everything was.

Adhesion
Sep 10, 2001

Next you gonna mention lifting up a nacho and seein' a big old terrified eye starin' at you
:siren: NEW STRIP :siren: kinda sorta doesn't load for me on the main page but works in the fanflow :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Adhesion posted:

:siren: NEW STRIP :siren: kinda sorta doesn't load for me on the main page but works in the fanflow :shobon:

Won't load for me :(

The alt text leaves me perplexed and tantalized, however!

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
It loads fine for me and I can safely say I never though I would be so entertained by Kim Jong-Il peeking out from behind a tree stump.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
Triple-thin condoms sound like they're made to break.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Loading up fine now, it's better than a vacation and more than a decision!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
I love the concept of Juche.

If you're failing at something, it's because you either don't want it enough, or didn't try hard enough.