Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

theironjef posted:

At least in the end Musk was an idiot because even after research he picked Teodor, a main guy of risottos.

posting on Twitter in a frenzy of Russian-mail-order-amphetamine-fueled paranoia because someone spelled out R I S O T T O in risotto grains on his bathroom counter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

withak posted:

I don't think I "get" this strip.

In all fairness I'm an Achewood avatar guy and I needed handholding after the ""finale"" part of the arc.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yeah, I'm not sure what sort of "loser" Elon thought Teodor was supposed to be if he didn't expect him to cook risottos.

But it's Elon so of course he's wrong about everything; to be expected.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

posting on Twitter in a frenzy of Russian-mail-order-amphetamine-fueled paranoia because someone spelled out R I S O T T O in risotto grains on his bathroom counter

R░I░S░O░T░T░O░I░N░B░I░O░

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I am in favor of the upcoming old school standalone strips for a change of pace from the arcs. I wanna see what the rest of the crew are up to

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
15 page post-GOF Ray and Beef story on the Patreon. We are so loving back.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
We now have a canon description of how Ray's voice sounds.

edit: The only conclusion available was tallships.

withak fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 10, 2024

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

really nice little piece. he's put out a lot of good short form writing stuff on the patreon so far

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Achewood Thread 12: A Delfino's gotta eat

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I am so happy he wrote that.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
yeah what a sweet story. Ray and Beef are doggs

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

I'm guessing it was posted on one of the upper tiers of the Patreon? I ain't see poo poo!

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Yeah, it was in the 9 bucks tier that has the in-universe writings. I've been enjoying those as much as the actual comic strips.

"He carried only a small Hermès leather dopp kit that Ray had gifted him upon seeing that he carried his travel toiletries in a Ziploc sandwich bag so old that it was kept closed with a couple of binder clips."

Paints quite a picture of a dude who grew up in Circumstances.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

moot the hopple posted:

There's a reason that dude is able to read and avoid trouble with Pete better than anyone else

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Pattonesque posted:

yeah what a sweet story. Ray and Beef are doggs

Much like "Phillipe is five" there are certain invariants in Achewood

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

moot the hopple posted:

A dude raised by gas stations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
A young Roast Beef at the Laundromat: "Mom was faster by 30 seconds this time."
https://achewood.com/2008/12/24/title.html

Mouseover for the :smith:

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)

CannonFodder posted:

A young Roast Beef at the Laundromat: "Mom was faster by 30 seconds this time."
https://achewood.com/2008/12/24/title.html

Mouseover for the :smith:

That's one I always assumed you had to know the culture to understand. She was faster filling the washing machines/dryers? I don't quite get it.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Dunny posted:

That's one I always assumed you had to know the culture to understand. She was faster filling the washing machines/dryers? I don't quite get it.

she filled and started one dryer then filled and started the second dryer within 30 seconds of the first, but she normally takes a full minute to fill the second dryer

she is moving faster bc she's on meth

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Empty Sandwich posted:

I always thought she was just faster because she was faster, and it was mostly to highlight how inane the stuff that Beef has to occupy himself with really is, because there's nothing else to do there. Like how he's probably read that Mary Kay poster ten times that day alone.

also the last panel of that strip has "and and" at the end, then the beginning of a line in the last panel, and once you know this you can never not see it

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

DACK FAYDEN posted:

also the last panel of that strip has "and and" at the end, then the beginning of a line in the last panel, and once you know this you can never not see it

:mad:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I always thought she was just faster because she was faster, and it was mostly to highlight how inane the stuff that Beef has to occupy himself with really is, because there's nothing else to do there. Like how he's probably read that Mary Kay poster ten times that day alone.

the mouseover joke is "Corliss was faster for all the wrong reasons." it could be that she was getting out in a hurry to hustle in another sense of the word but something's up. I just figured meth from the later arrest (and also Circumstances)

DACK FAYDEN posted:

aww dang

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Maybe if Beef had called up Mr. Lokis things could've been different

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

e: nm

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Huh? I don't see it?

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Schwarzwald posted:

Huh? I don't see it?

"...carrying two thighs and and two biscuits..."

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Schwarzwald posted:

Huh? I don't see it?

Your brain is really good at sliding over duplicate words like that. Just an automatic edit… until you know it’s there.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

shut the hell up dick

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Empty Sandwich posted:

she filled and started one dryer then filled and started the second dryer within 30 seconds of the first, but she normally takes a full minute to fill the second dryer

Roast Beef basically had Rorschach's upbringing and chose clinical depression over fascism

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

MisterBear posted:

Nice closer to the story and an appropriately dick move from Elon.

I am overly excited for a classic gently caress You Friday next week!

you got it

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
looks like the boys got into some blue nun again

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
Beef calling it "Air B and B" is very good to me.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ok for starters they're 100% right, any time I think about airBNB's whole cleaning fee deal my brain goes to Beef's "my Fiesta Name is Pendejo" bit

I go to a hotel. I pay them some dollars. I sleep in a room. I leave in the morning. Towels are in the tub.

And that's without them squatting on houses that could be used for having people live in them.

But also, man, every time Beef mentions Molly lately it's like, hey Onstad, you remember when you had Corny be a former children's book writer who had a bad breakup and his next books were "Janet: The Girlfriend Who Could Only Ever Complain" and "Chug-a-lug: The Train Who Drank"

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Phy posted:

But also, man, every time Beef mentions Molly lately it's like, hey Onstad, you remember when you had Corny be a former children's book writer who had a bad breakup and his next books were "Janet: The Girlfriend Who Could Only Ever Complain" and "Chug-a-lug: The Train Who Drank"

I think you're reading into this one a bit much, it's just the modern version of the "husband doesn't want to go to a bed and breakfast" trope sitcoms used to do. also Ray is right, gently caress a Airbnb!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

RAY! posted:

Air B and B towel got weather like the juice under a pimp's dick!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I've never gotten so mad that I break out into choreographed dance with my friend and spit a spontaneous jingle, but then again I try to avoid Airbnb these days

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

robot roll call posted:

I think you're reading into this one a bit much, it's just the modern version of the "husband doesn't want to go to a bed and breakfast" trope sitcoms used to do. also Ray is right, gently caress a Airbnb!

heck, onstad already did it

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Empty Sandwich posted:

the mouseover joke is "Corliss was faster for all the wrong reasons." it could be that she was getting out in a hurry to hustle in another sense of the word but something's up. I just figured meth from the later arrest (and also Circumstances)
Yeah, the "faster for all the wrong reasons" was the :smith: part. I'm assuming meth, from Corliss getting arrested right before RB and Molly's wedding, but any other option is also a wrong reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Showbiz showed up again in one of the recent Christmas strips. Maybe we'll be seeing more from the Kazenzakis family