Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Jerusalem posted:

The silence of those places really is disconcerting, it's like entering an ancient tomb or an unpopular museum.

Yeah, you really know you're in a Boring place when it smells like dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Iowa is my bead shop.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Pascallion posted:

Iowa is my bead shop.

That's why I plan on moving... to Nebraska.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

HitTheTargets posted:

That's why I plan on moving... to Nebraska.

Man, I live in Colorado, and even being NEXT to Nebraska upsets me.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
I've had a couple of reactions to Achewood stuff. The first was at a Radiohead concert, a goofy looking dude tapped me on my shoulder, pointed at my Nice Pete badge and said 'Achewood' with a gormless grin on his face. I said something like 'yeah, I'm a big fan' and turned away because he didn't look like a someone I wanted to spend the night talking comics with.

The second was when I was wearing an Achewood t-shirt in Anstruther, a small village in Scotland. I was heading into a tiny nightclub with some friends when one of the bouncers stopped me. 'ah fukkin love Achewood, it's funny as gently caress,' he said. We had a little chat before I went inside (he reckoned Ray was the fuckin' man).

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

benito posted:

In the past week I've gotten both the first Bloom County compilation (1980-1982) and Achewood: Volume 2.

I love having solid, well-printed collections of comics that will hold up well for the remainder of my life.

I was disappointed by fading that occurred when a drop of water got on the black spine of my Vol.2 cover. I was not disappointed by the contents of said book, though. My mom even said "oh I read your comic book, it's pretty funny."

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Vaporware posted:

I was disappointed by fading that occurred when a drop of water got on the black spine of my Vol.2 cover. I was not disappointed by the contents of said book, though. My mom even said "oh I read your comic book, it's pretty funny."

My dad thought the Great Outdoor Fights was "the weirdest thing he's ever read", but I think he liked it anyway!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I was playing around in the character map earlier trying to find that stern googly-eyed thing, and I think I ended up finding Philippe's nose instead.

___
|'ᴥ'| ♪

Weedle
May 31, 2006

davidspackage posted:

I was playing around in the character map earlier trying to find that stern googly-eyed thing, and I think I ended up finding Philippe's nose instead.

___
|'ᴥ'| ♪

__
|'ᴥ'| ♪

Use
code:

to add blank spaces.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Philippe's nose is not a 1025 in a box.

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Ray was on a stool when he glocked the cow.

withak posted:

Philippe's nose is not a 1025 in a box.

You're one of those picks-up-the-mouse-between-pushes types, aren't you.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

King Nothing posted:

You're one of those picks-up-the-mouse-between-pushes types, aren't you.

He's right though. Nothing's nose looks like a 1025 in a box.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I have a trackball I haven't pushed a mouse in ages.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

withak posted:

I have a trackball I haven't pushed a mouse in ages.
I don't think I've seen a trackball in use anywhere except a museum since like 1998.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Then you are missing out big time buddy.

The pinnacle of computer/human interface design:

Very handy in crowded places because it doesn't need any particular surface area; it can rest on your knee if you want.

withak fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 7, 2009

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

withak posted:

Then you are missing out big time buddy.

The pinnacle of computer/human interface design:

Very handy in crowded places because it doesn't need any particular surface area; it can rest on your knee if you want.
Fixed that for you.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I can't use that at work.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

withak posted:

I can't use that at work.
You could, and it would be awesome.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
My friend played Medal of Honor in college with that exact trackball. He was a big douche about it too.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
There's something of a dearth of Achewood t-shirts in the store at the moment. I'm thinking of buying one but I'm torn between Téodor Achewasser and Dude and Catastrophe. The rabbit ambulance one is right out because a news report about the death of a goth girl some months ago featured a picture of her wearing that very shirt. That's kind of tainted it for me.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Daktar posted:

There's something of a dearth of Achewood t-shirts in the store at the moment. I'm thinking of buying one but I'm torn between Téodor Achewasser and Dude and Catastrophe. The rabbit ambulance one is right out because a news report about the death of a goth girl some months ago featured a picture of her wearing that very shirt. That's kind of tainted it for me.

More likely it was a rush of people wanting the anniversary glass.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

:siren: New strip is up! :siren:

In which we learn that a watermelon swan can make enough broth for a week.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:smith:

Oh man suddenly out of nowhere it just got so sad when Todd realized what was happening. Great final panel.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Wow. I wondered why Onstad was taking so long to make a new strip, but then this comes out and all questions are answered. So, what? Lee is the game and it's all a way of getting dissent out of North Korea?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
This is Achewood, and that little bear just saw his squirrel friend break through a puddle of North Korean Magical Realism piss.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just how often does Todd break through a puddle of piss, anyway?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Wow. :cry: Leeeeee!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Oh Lee. :smith:

the Professor
Nov 28, 2002

pi pi
Aww, man, poor Lee :(

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
is Todd anyone's friend? other than blister, of course.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lyle, I think.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Vitriol posted:

is Todd anyone's friend? other than blister, of course.

Although I thought the North Korean bit dragged on too long (the offline week not helping) I thought this strip made up for it, not only in humor but in making Todd something other than a drug-addicted little poo poo.

He wanted to save his new friend Lee :(

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Lee was down: he opened up a bit and "talked bitches." He was also downtrodden. To a hooligan like Todd, Lee was right for adoption.

These, are my Thoughts of Tonight.

Sorry about the week off. I really don't know where those days went. There was just...no jazz in my jazz instrument. Its spit valves smelt of oil, and were absent any human moisture.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Chris Onstad posted:

Lee was down: he opened up a bit and "talked bitches." He was also downtrodden. To a hooligan like Todd, Lee was right for adoption.

Sorry about the week off. I really don't know where those days went. There was just...no jazz in my jazz instrument. Its spit valves smelt of oil, and were absent any human moisture.

That Shell 10W40 Daiquiri does you no favors.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
At least you can take off in those situations, it's not like as an artist you can just go home and forget about work until monday. It's always nagging me to get my poo poo together and just be creative.

Oh and koreans do the whole surname first, given name last. A 1/3 of korea is named Lee (and the other 2/3 is Park or Kim). Calling him Lee in this case is fine, since in the military/govt. they just tack on the given name to distinguish between the 5 Kims in their unit/dept. I doubt Todd would know or care, though.

blindhaberdasher
Aug 8, 2005

your sins will be read to you ceaselessly, in shifts, throughout eternity

Chris Onstad posted:

hey don't sweat it man. the new strip was an elegant conclusion and it was well worth the wait. keep up the good work, chris!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

McGravin posted:

You could, and it would be awesome.
I played Paranoia and drank Genesee at your shanty one weekend.

Also, is Todd allowed to care for another? And does anyone else imagine the Master Control Program from Tron is speaking when the "narrator" part of the command line prints? END OF FILE

Maybe I like Jeff Bridges TOO much.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

I played Paranoia and drank Genesee at your shanty one weekend.

Also, is Todd allowed to care for another? And does anyone else imagine the Master Control Program from Tron is speaking when the "narrator" part of the command line prints? END OF FILE

Maybe I like Jeff Bridges TOO much.
You finally registered! Those were some good dirt-cheap Genesees with the flavor splatters on top. You should come up again some weekend and we can play a new game I got that I'm running play-by-post in Traditional Games right now.

I think the MCP's voice works well for the command line prints, but I'm trying to figure out who I imagine reading Lee's parts.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

McGravin posted:

You finally registered! Those were some good dirt-cheap Genesees with the flavor splatters on top. You should come up again some weekend and we can play a new game I got that I'm running play-by-post in Traditional Games right now.

It's a man-date!

McGravin posted:

I think the MCP's voice works well for the command line prints, but I'm trying to figure out who I imagine reading Lee's parts.

This is working for me so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Pre-order of Achewood Volume 3 is up. Go to amazon. I did not copy the link. Life is pain.