Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

tim simmons
in
the dude has got no mercy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Wanderer posted:

I was about to say, there's Stoned Lightning, there's Ray & Lyle's Perfect Jays, there's Ray and Teodor getting baked on the roof before Nice Pete captures them, the Toilet Party... weed has always been a pretty major ingredient in this stew.

Achewood has been around and I've been reading it long enough that when this strip was released I had no idea what they were talking about (now i'm an old timer groaning about the price of a lid)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

DO YOU WANT SOME FRITTATA?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

smarxist posted:

"Ray scolding Todd" are some of my favorite moments

SCREW YOU, rear end in a top hat! I ONLY LISTEN TO D-D-DOUBLE MUSIC!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Deathlove posted:

He's also the bassist in Every Time I Die, so he is definitely about to have to meet the children of Senator Dell Graham.

what a wonderful storyline to be reminded of

Jesus Ray we got the chessboard out but you playin' Whac-a-Mole

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Just Offscreen posted:

What the gently caress is that ladys problem with Grace Jones

the extreme risk that ray would take her hand in holy matrimony (yessssssssss)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

even though they're not related, I strongly associate "GET GROSS, BEAUTIFUL! IT'S TODAY!" with demi adejuyigbe's annual celebration of september 21st

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"sharts that make the back of charles bukowski's balls even uglier than his face" is a celebration of the english language

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

rogue fig trees often exercise me so deeply that I am forced to convalesce in the woods wearing my victorian hearing cap

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I still don’t know what the last page or two of the lash of Thanatos arc even was.

I was signing up for a HAZWOPER class online and it made me think of this strip. So good.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02102005

a couple days later is the strip with the panel of ray going "Oh neat! Fifty bucks!" and that is an important part of the achewood experience

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Phy posted:

It's the end of The Second Party, which is the party I always think of as The Party despite it being The Second Party. Like, I don't remember much from the original party, but this one's got Ray throwing a party just because his toilet bowl is so blue. It's got Pat's loving carob prunes and Todd's shank artistry, it's got "Your activities are so poorly conveyed" and Teodor paying Little Nephew way too much for pot, it's got Ray Gets Sort Of Stoned. It is one of the months of the comic that is densest with Achewood.

"bless the baby angel who is in charge of days like today" is an important part of my personal lexicon

I can see why people wouldn't be into it but I'm still a fan of that achewood test footage and a big part of it is the delivery of ray's lines during the toilet party sequence

now that I'm at it, also whenever I eat some I think "peanut butter has much tasty calories"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"a screaming clear area with a wig on and a large middle where the smells come from" is probably high on the list of (intentionally) creepy achewood sentences

on the other hand, my sister and I frequently ask each other what's... what's it like to kill someone and how it's kind of like a basketball game

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Zefiel posted:

I wish Ray had gone to heaven briefly too. I bet his room would've had mad sluts in it. And a tub of sour cream.

and a floor absolutely littered with dropped gerunds

MizuZero posted:

is nice pete bottomless during the basketball game?

I always parsed it as some kinda spanx compression thing but the beauty of fiction is that he's wearing whatever you want him to wear :wink:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

man why would you even write something like that

why did you think of that though

why would you think of that

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

You can do whatever you want in life.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I was just able to answer the crossword clue “‘Peer Gynt’ composer Edvard” and I would like to thank Pat Reynolds’ hatred of his stultifying compositions for making this possible

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

ideas are fake by degrees

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

paradoxGentleman posted:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07182009

Can someone explain to me what is happening in this strip? I can't figure out why these two are asking these questions and how that is supposed to help with the Sapphic erotica challenge.

fun fact is that subaru actively courted lesbians, which is probably a phrase in an erotic fiction somewhere

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I love chris onstad and loving loathe achewood

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Soda fan detected

stashing away my exotic syrups of peach chutney, mycenaean beef, and braised nazareth almonds

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"rough chuckles" and "from Circumstances" are champs, but I am a big fan of "is that sass in the main" and "don't sass me, I'll have you slayed"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

similarly, "I'm the guy who sucks"

but then again, I do frequently repeat to myself "you can do whatever you want in life," "bless the baby angel who is in charge of days like today," and also I can't eat peanut butter without thinking about how it has muuuuch tasty calories

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Konec Hry posted:

Conversely, ”Daaamn! That answer could use some work!” gets a lot of mileage from me, too.

Oh my god that is the worst possible answer in the universe

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

go to a dungeon

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Sockser posted:

Oh dang I forgot about the achewood thread

I have a friend who likes Achewood almost as much as me
So I got him a random gift
Fresh from Onstad’s pen
And I made a real nice frame for it and did my own matting and gosh I just really love giving people frames prints as gifts

I also have a cocoa buddy I need to reframe at some point

E: it is some very unusually non-figured tiger woof, if you are a person of lumber

this is rad but I am having a hell of a time parsing what beef is holding

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

what a wonderful arc to be reminded of

"say, beef, how you doin'?"
"pretty good now that I am 239,000 miles from The Cure"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

now, is it an intentional reference, or did sucking dick really buy that truck. or both

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

You can do whatever you want in life.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Those are some pans that I have.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

she sure does, the last time she clapped was when she saw grace jones blow up in that movie

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

pozbert my dilbert hole

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I was on a walk today and I saw a squirrel that had gotten 'sploded by a car and I had a somber moment for Todd's cousin Frankie

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

you know i got no sense of eggs YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

ain't no priors any more, not since that one guy exposed his barn door

e: ok I started reading at Emergency Homeboys and now I'm on the bit where vlad takes over the strip while onstad is at disneyland
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03272009
vlad's puzzle is pretty easy to solve, but I don't know enough to finish pat's to this day
vlad's is rear end hole/hole punch/punch me/me first/first class/class action/action figure
pat's is cherrystone clam/clam chowder/chowder head/head... principal?/principal ____/_____ together/together forever
help me, I can't let that rear end in a top hat win

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 31, 2021

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

How Wonderful! posted:

headmaster/masterpiece/piece together

those aren’t separate words. gently caress you pat

Pastry of the Year posted:

I cannot believe there are people playing Word UP! in 2021

I feel like you should know that I do a lot of crosswords and I once knew a clue only because of pat’s hatred for the stultifying compositions of edvard grieg

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

thought about the white stripes today

it got to be so... nasty...

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

The Voice of Labor posted:

the inn's proprietor is upset because you wrecked his stuffed falcon. this is a $200 problem

200 reál is class money

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

loaded gun

hidden in a corn cob

baby carrot is the trigger

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I'm the juxtaposition between the double quote and single quote in Craim "Pop' Jalopy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

applesauce