Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
I wonder how many of these text adventures Onstad played as a child. Hell, maybe he's playing them now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Triple-thin condoms sound like they're made to break.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

I really hope this isn't foreshadowing of a Beef/Molly breakup because that would break my heart. I'm not exaggerating, I'd feel terrible for them -- like if they were real people.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Has Ray been driving without a license all this time? *gasp*

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

This is genuinely making me scared for Phillipe. What's gonna happen when others figure out that he is Five? (and has been for like 50 years?)

:ohdear:

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Custodes posted:

I'm pretty sure that this strip implies that Phillipe literally will not age along with everyone else. And he does seem to be the only one who is free from death if only because he never loses his innocence.

I dunno, I think he's starting to realize you can't go home again. Once he does, some degree of innocence is lost, right? I think it would be cool to see him grow up a bit, but that's just me. I think he can still be cute as 8, just not quite so naive. (Although, personally I always thought part of the joke was that Phillipe is naive even for a 5-year-old.)

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

I can't ever remember being as creeped out by a comics character as I am by Nice Pete right now. Good job, Mr. Onstad.
:golfclap:

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Yeah, calling them chapbooks is kind of a stretch. It seems like, at most, he just organized a bunch of his random ideas into loosely-connected threads and scribbled them into a dollar-store notepad.

It's possible that the loose, random feel of them is what he was going for. If so, he did a good job with it. If not, then I'm not clear on what the selling point of them would be outside of "New content by the Achewood guy, in lieu of actual new strips." With that said, I did kind of enjoy them -- it's always fun to feel like you see into an artist's head & the "chapbooks" gave me that feeling. They're a poor substitute for new strips or in-character Fanflow updates, though.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

So, I'll be the rear end in a top hat and ask an obvious-but-unpleasant question:

If Onstad took a bunch of money from fans in pre-orders and hasn't delivered at all, has made no notice of his intention to deliver the items that were pre-ordered, and in fact appears to no longer operate his online store from which they were ordered... should fans start discussing fraud charges against him?

I have no desire to throw the guy under the bus but I can't really see this behavior as anything but fraudulent, unless I'm missing something here.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Or e-mail the guy like a regular human being?

I don't use Twitter and I've sent several e-mails that went unanswered (and I'm not the only one who's reported this when inquiring about when our stuff is arriving). I have no other points of contact. Jeez, it's not like I just jumped straight into ARREST THIS GUY mode. I'm a fan but this behavior is shady to me, "brain problems" or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

I'm not sure if this is allowed but I'll throw it out there anyway: Can someone either post the Achewood Cookbook's potato wedge recipe or PM it to me? I'm currently overseas, far away from my copy of it and I want to make them -- but I don't quite remember how. I just remember there was some trick that made them extra-good (You had to give them a second coat of olive oil at some point, I think).