Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Why does this thread have the "MUSIC!" tag? I like jokes, but this is BEYOND THE PALE.

Only kidding. I guess it's a reference to the original phrase from which this thread takes its title. I GUESS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Doc Faustus posted:

That's it exactly! It was either that or "Sex".

I kind of liked "Humor." It made me happy.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

Cold.

Sorry. There is no current plan, though I'd love a real publisher to compile the longer entries.

Assetbar/Fanflow doesn't have any claim over this content, they are definitely not in the way. What is in the way is that such a project is a pretty hard sell.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Yaaaaay!

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Let's not point fingers...until we are pointing them straight down into the new cookbook and going, "NOW THAT IS AN EASY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE THAT WILL SATISFY WHAT I BELIEEEEEEVE IN!"

Seriously, people, I have a technique for some god-damned fine fried chicken in this book. What y'all's technique? Mine's gone to press, won't affect it none.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Javid posted:

:siren: New strip! :siren:

did ray just gently caress a monkey

Yeah, man, what gives!

(It truly, truly galls me to quote my own material, but this succulent fruit truly hung low in the full moon and early hours of tomorrow. I apologize.)

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Fillerbunny posted:

We made it about 5 steps past the meditating girl before she yelled out, "Achewood!" I stopped dead in my tracks to introduce myself and give her a high five.

I do not joke with you when I say that stories like that really are the things that make me happiest about Achewood. Thanks for the anecdote.

Was...she pretty hot?

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Lee was down: he opened up a bit and "talked bitches." He was also downtrodden. To a hooligan like Todd, Lee was right for adoption.

These, are my Thoughts of Tonight.

Sorry about the week off. I really don't know where those days went. There was just...no jazz in my jazz instrument. Its spit valves smelt of oil, and were absent any human moisture.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Love the cover and the title, can't wait to get it if just to devour the history of the cats written sections.

The book will feature the complicated and fraught backstories of the cats, including Sothar and Smacks Peel, I hope (but that is not a dudes' promise).

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Pascallion posted:

When were the orders with the anniversary pint glass supposed to start shipping...I forget.

I'm concentrating on merchandise to stop the pain.

They start shipping around Wednesday! They are in transit from the printer to the distro and should arrive tomorrow (Monday). This is one thing we did which actually almost happened on time.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Philippe is five, people. Why must you doubt reality?

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

He's not. He's five-and-one-second old.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

No. We're experiencing some delays with the cookbook, but are working fervently to circumvent them.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

There is no longer a baby. :(

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Judging by the wife and child making dinner in the other room, things are A-OK around the Onstad house. I just wish she'd started the soup with a ham hock.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Fillerbunny posted:

So I'm kind of curious as to who was and who is in the photo for the Facebook bit. That face clearly does not belong on that head.

I was mildly surprised no one pointed out how ugly that woman is. It's because that woman is me.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Adhesion posted:

As the proud owner of these aforementioned sketches, I offer my sincere condolences yet also express extreme disappointment at the quality of competition I was up against. Come on, y'all.

I might like to scan & post them though (with Onstad's permission of course).

That would be cool! Thanks for coming out, all y'all goons. I had a great time with Nick and was treated kindly by all.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Yeah, there's no animation stuff going on at present. We do have a really awesome project that basically everyone on here is going to love...in about a month. I've been working with a game developer. That's all I'll say.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

I don't deserve readers as thorough and thoughtful as you bunch of knuckleheads.

Oh, now I'm crying. [Kidding, I'm just happy. These tears are from super-hot peppers!]

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

I have never seen that beer, ever. However, I have reason to believe it was enjoyable.

Good job, compatriot. Good job with the beer.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Could we please get back to the topic of how I don't post as often any more? Thanks.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

I only recognize Excel timestamps. What are days? Are those, like, made out of wood and stuff?

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Would someone please call my mom fat? Thanksss.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Your mother is fat, and it's everything to do with you.

She was beautiful, once.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

I have a dachshund, so I basically have a dog *and* a cat. Also, I do like my dog, except for the parts of its behavior which remind me of the parts of my own behavior that I do not like.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

Pooping on the couch, jumping on the bed and sniffing a dude's butt mid-coitus, leaping up the stairs too quick and catching your dong on one?

Man, you need a different dog.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Thats the perfect cameo point for the real Onstad. Just have him be entirely in shadow.

Lets be realistic here Onstad isn't gonna play himself in the movie (I saw his skit at RIT)

EDIT: Actually you feigned rage pretty good. Maybe it was just the comparison between you and Gurewitch

Like I said, nary an acting class in my repertoire, nor any talent in the family. Was I pretty wooden?

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

robot roll call posted:

I think that's just Onstad's idea of an archetypal mom. Cassandra looks fairly similar.

Sondra. That's Ray's mom. Cassandra is Roast Beef.

YOU JUST GOT FACTPUNCHED IN THE THROAT OF YOUR BRAIN!

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

robot roll call posted:

How much merchandise am I gonna have to buy to save face here? Like, how many t shirts are we talking?

You might be looking at commissioned art, pal. You're not getting off easy, here.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

robot roll call posted:

Can I pick the subject or is this more of a "commissioned" art kind of deal?

Art patrons get whatever they ask for, within reason. I will not draw Pat with more than one turgid dong coming off of his body, for example.

By the way, I was merely joking. But yeah, I do commissions, and happily so, my friendly fellow goon buddies.

/C

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

robot roll call posted:

I had a similar experience in Austria last month. Also I wore that Teodor shirt with all the German on it and they told me it was really bad German, although they liked the use of "Stammtisch".

That is perfectly-constructed German. Austrians just really don't like anything they aren't familiar with (e.g., neologisms, non-Austrians, pubic hair that isn't platinum blonde and severely shaped). Isn't Austria still like 92% anti-Semitic? I wash my hands of these people who mocked my t-shirt with the bear carrying a big beer.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

New strip is up. Don't know how to make the cop car logo that signifies this.

Sorry it took so long. I worked on this bitch every loving day since Saturday and threw away about two dozen versions of it.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

I promise to get back to projectile vomiting and jelqpunk bits pretty soon. Let the artist explore his sadder feelings, people.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

My childhood home was burned to the ground by an accountant and his unmanned grill. There is a new strip. SIREN EMOTICON! / SIREN EMOTICON

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

That was awesome. Thank you.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Come and read about me cooking animal testicles!

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/testicle-its-whats-for-dinner/Content?oid=2518292

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Would Cavender's Greek Seasoning be at home, say, on poo poo you're sizzling up for gyros, or roast chicken, or...? What's it compare to?

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Discussing a stuffed bear pinching off a poo poo in this thread.

That's what makes tonight worth living and tomorrow worth getting up during, fellows.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

No. I don't know how you came up with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

The question has been posed,

"Where is the ideal place to start reading Achewood?"

Never, ever read Achewood. If you have, lie like you would to a cop holding a dirty panty. A cop holding a dirty panty at arms' length in front of the whole school, in the gym, and you are the only suspect, in that community of twelve thousand.