Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

I'm looking at July 2008 in list view, but there are like fifty updates a day, because it was the "live coverage" of the wedding. Which date seems to make the poo poo fly?

Thanks for pointing it out, I should fix problems that there are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

I'm going to go in there and make the problem again, so you can enjoy it as it once was, so you can be on memory lane.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Andy Larson is the name of a man who used to (still does?) the weather for a morning news program in Portland.

Chris Onstad now lives in Portland.

Coincidence?

Anybody who does anything on TV in the morning most definitely doesn't get watched by me. And is there anything less useful than a Portland weather report? It's raining. I have a window.

So, yeah, a coincidence. Pete thought these names just sounded like generic Americana, like guys who would know the Hardy Boys.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Owlkill posted:

Does anyone else get a 'this could be the end of Achewood' vibe from this arc? I really can't see how we can go back to light-hearted strips about baby otters or cat bros after this. I'm also slightly concerned that Onstad may be in the midst of a nervous breakdown.

Yeah, people have been saying this since like October 2, 2001. Come on, people. Achewood gets weird in the winter and happy in the summer. There is a trend.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Zereth posted:

Despite the fact that rear-view mirrors are generally in front of driver and the door it's tied to (with a rope) is behind him? :raise:

There's a way, using reasons, to show how this is not that hard of an idea to implement.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Ashenai posted:

I really like this arc to be honest, it's a very cool change in tone from what I'm used to. The constant experimentation and re-invention of Achewood's style is what I love about it.

Thanks for saying that. Yeah, I've been doing this for like nine years or whatever. If I made the same old Marmaduke barfing into Garfield's gaping meatus gag every day, would you respect me? I wouldn't.

Anyhow, it's been interesting to see how many readers are against Téodor's gay experimentation/dalliance. Lots of folks are inadvertently outing themselves, I guess. (My logic is that if you hate gay people, it's because you yourself won't admit that you're gay, and are a little gay teapot of rage.)

Myself? Sexuality is a spectrum, son. However, I personally am, unfortunately or fortunately, straighter than John Wayne voting for Reagan on a horse. I can't get hot about dudes, and for that, I apologize to hot dudes. Keep up the good work, fellas. Go getcha' some.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Wow, I was away from here for like three days and there were over 100 comments on the Achewood thread. I had to get my pistol out fast and point it at my head! Then I skimmed them.

(My pistol is made out of dried grass pressed into a mold, and only shoots a fish pellet out)

When I finished skimming I shot myself in the head with a fish pellet. It's how I end every day.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Jet Jaguar posted:

most chinchilla puppies have the sense to eat reasonable portion sizes and take small bites.

That is entirely a responsible thing to say.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Awesome Andy posted:

This, ladies and gentlemen is the magnum opus of Onstad.

No, that was the one where Philippe touched a dying clown's meatus — pulling one side of the flesh away from the other — and a daisy popped out. Summer, 2004.

This is all just slogging it out after that grand horizon was met. I die in 2015! All good.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

DO NOT SPELL RECIPE INCORRECTLY

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Hey, that was a GUEST strip, pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

robot roll call posted:

So in THEORY if I made guest strip you would post it? Because I am FULL of ideas(and Kwak belgian beer). I can't draw, but that doesn't seem to be a problem with Achewood. HEYO

You can always post it here, stud.