Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

McGravin posted:

Right, no one is overreacting. They just want to murder his children.

You are overreacting.

Do you also blame Rhianna because you're just such a big Chris Brown fan? No matter how much you respect the man as an artist, you can't insist that it's no big deal for other people to get screwed. I'm not one of those people, but it's ridiculous to claim that people shouldn't be mad about getting done over, no matter what the intent was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

ChuckDHead posted:

Of course, whether he can regain people's trust in his ability to deliver stuff in return for their money is another issue.

People who haven't heard about the circumstances will buy more merch if it is available. Will he get enough new traffic? There's another question where you kind of just have to wait and see.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I always read that strip as Cornelius getting his trumpet out in private, because he is also so pumped he could play it with his cock.

I did too, but on further review he's clearly picking it up in one frame and laying it down in the next.

I liked the joke as we understood it. Maybe he played the trumpet with his cock and he's putting it away tenderly. Ah whatever, they're both good jokes. If Lyle said something about playing a trumpet with his cock and I had a trumpet I would see the wisdom in securing it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm not so sure about Achewood being back, but I do know I have been rolling hard on 3 parts orange soda an 1 part vanilla vodka.

Actually I'm using Tang, but it still tastes like a Creamsicle.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It definitely has the feel of "wrapping a few things up before calling it a day", doesn't it? :smith:

It's yawn inducing whatever it is.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You can do anything you want in life. Become the ruling body.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Portland has a Goodwill known as the bins where you buy poo poo by the pound and then other more regular Goodwills where it's laid out like a store where everything has a pricetag.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I don't think that's Beef's cock. It looks like magazine or something.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That is the best cat gif ever. I was going to make a dick joke but you already linked the strip.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tolth posted:

Nah. This is Onstad giving Teodor something approaching a happy ending after like a decade of him being utterly unfulfilled. It would feel pretty appropriate for this to be the penultimate storyline to be honest.

Yeah she seems really blandly alternative nice so I think you might be on to something.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

I think someone has said this about every storyline after the GOF or so.

Hope springs eternal I guess.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Jeez, you'd think it would be easier to give bad news to a goon.

That's such a good strip.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tolth posted:

The best possible variant of this is that Beef throws the party rather than Ray.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11142006

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

He did put his previous books up for download on the honor system, but probably anyone who prepaid for cookbook 2 already had the first one.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Roast Beef does some sass on his oldest friend.

I think that's my favorite alt text.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

a starwar betamax posted:

Uh oh guys what if Onstads been reading this thread and got his feelings hurt??

Then he seriously needs to recalibrate his sense of what's important in life.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

a starwar betamax posted:

I showed it to quite a few people when it first came out and I was all excited, many of whom had never read the comic.

Responses ranged from boredom to courtesy chuckles.

Slightly better than the average person's reaction to the strip itself.

I love Achewood but I had zero percent success turning anyone on to it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

What if he fell asleep? He fell asleep in a chair once, and a toilet is not a chair you can make mistakes around!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Suzanne seems like a nice song but I wouldn't work out to it.

Oh it's a birthday strip for me. Huh.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

He did that Joe Strummer tribute strip.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah there are a lot of band mentions. One of the gently caress You Fridays is Judas Priest themed.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I think you have to have an unusual sense of humor to laugh at this one. The wording just tickles me.

How do you know?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

*pouf*

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

To be fair, no one should be a cock to a stranger ever.

edit: the jury is still out on putting asunder the attyre etc

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

If you really loved Onstad, like I do, you'd find a way to forgive him

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

ChairMaster posted:

It just makes you look like a pathetic internet baby, is all.

More or less than the people who whine about the whining? I guess that's one for the coin flippers.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tarranon posted:

hmmmm....nah

Since you are a whiner you don't get to make the call of which is worse.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

flyingkiwi posted:

I really like that last comic. I like this new idea of Achewood coming out every few weeks, or whatever, when Onstad can be bothered and just being one-off strips instead of starting a bizarre storyline and abandoning it and leaving for a year and a half. you know?

How do you feel about the cookbook controversy? That's all anyone cares about.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tarranon posted:

"Something in Ted's past has made him need to stuff his trousers"

the most supreme alt text? no, not at all. but a good one, that i wanted to share, since we're reflecting on old times, old crimes

The one about Barry instinctively going in to a squat due to fast blogging is pretty choice. And the one about how long it is OK for a Safeway roasted chicken to remain in a dude's car.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Writings are generally collected in books and there's a track record there.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pardon me my good nerds-- would anybody be so kind as to link the strip where the gay therapy cat tells Pat it isn't OK to not share?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Donkey chain darllink

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Barbers shouldn't make much money

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wanderer posted:

I always thought that bit where Lyle calls Ray out of the blue and says "I need a hundred dollars and can't tell you why," and Ray comes through with it, said a lot about why nobody's blown up at Ray.

Yeah, he's a pretty terrible friend, but I get the feeling a real-life guy like him would be genuinely difficult to hate. He picks up the check all the time without making it a thing, for example.

Ray Smuckles is a wonderful man!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Stella fills the same hole as Budweiser. You don't want a loving porter when it's eleventy degrees out.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's hard to scream for 1 second as a considerate adult.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm going to my room to smoke heated-up marijuana

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh wow. There is a vim plugin for intellij. This is a great day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

There are also heated arguments about how much grudge holding is appropriate.

edit: and a guy drank some soda