Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Chris, thanks for making my birthday more special by starting Achewood on Oct. 1st. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Is Freezepop still technically disbanding? Will the fanflow continue, then?

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

:frogsiren:NEW STRIP:frogsiren:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Muffin Loaf posted:

For anyone that was curious about my Cookbook 2 inquiry, turns out there was some mishap/delay in the printing and they won't be shipping until mid-November. Bummer.

A delay? On a date Achewood related? UNTHINKABLE!

I kid, I kid 'cause I love. Probably the publisher's fault, too.

VVVV Nothing will top beer can chicken for me :colbert: VVVV

Zefiel fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 26, 2009

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Chris Onstad posted:

Yeah, man, what gives!

(It truly, truly galls me to quote my own material, but this succulent fruit truly hung low in the full moon and early hours of tomorrow. I apologize.)

Dude, no need to apologize when the quotin' is done with such masterful skill.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

All of you suckers would be bored of this already if you had ponied up for the fanflow. :smug:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

:pcgaming: FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, A NEW STRIP! :pcgaming:

It's a magical new year's surprise.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Now I don't need to see the movie, thank goodness!

No you really don't. Beef's acting is much much better.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

The crowd at assetbar is ten times more sycophantic and over analyzing than any goon, and that's saying a lot. I'm amazed they're still posting.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Fillerbunny posted:

Hopefully never. It reminds me of Lucas' shirt in CAD.

In that it was a much better, fleshed out and expressive character than the rest of the cast? I Don't see the similitude.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Wait! THERE IS A :pcgaming:NEW KOMIK!:frogsiren:

Even has Ray blogging at the end and all!

..Because people still care, Right? :smith:

Unavoidable EDIT:

No, I'm just an asshat who wishes his favorite comic would be updated a bit more often. The achewood twitter, which I guess everyone should follow, offers a bit of light:

Achewood twitter posted:

Rumors of my death greatly exaggerated. Week of migraines and rain. New Achewood strip up at long last.

Ah, I found the Bill Watterson quote I was thinking of when I made that question: (emphasis mine)

Bill Watterson posted:

(on talking about hesitating to take sabbaticals) Reruns are tedious, and after several months of them, there is always the risk that readers will break their habit of reading the strip and discover that they don't miss it.

Though I'm sure we could start a huge argument about the quantity vs. quality of Achewood, all that has been said before. I just wondered, seeing even this thread was also nearly dying. This (wanting more comics) is just the opinion of an asinine man (me).

Zefiel fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 1, 2010

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Best Achewood strip in (all of my short attention span's) recent history.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

I wonder if Philippe couldn't find a King-Chochacho-like medallion and just grabbed the next best thing that he could find, or if the cross reflects his deep personal beliefs. I like the idea that Ray has spares of his sunglasses all over the house, though.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Happy Hippo posted:

This is explained in today's premium update, as are the physics behind Philippe's necklace staying up seeing as how he has no shoulders.

That was very good! Thanks for the heads up. In the end everything fits in in a weird sense in the ache-verse.

Speaking of...

Click here for the full 1200x1554 image.

(about 10-15ish minutes.. I know it fuckin' sucks, meh.)

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Shanty posted:

Chrisis Onstad? :shobon:

yep. I made it when everyone was going on and on about if Onstad was divorcing. Seemed apropos.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

It's a game where the next level comes out intermittently and significantly less so since the game started advertising the DLC which has over 700 levels which is apparently where the real effort goes.

hahahahahaha. The DLC doesn't get any effort either, UNTIL you run out of points. Then a single new thing comes out and you pay for more points, thinking it'll be worth it this time, but it was just that one single thing.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

gently caress, you know, I loooooove to complain about the irregular schedule, but gently caress me if this strip didn't make me laugh like classic Achewood always did. I'm sorry I've been a virtual jerk to you, Mr. Onstad. I'm going to sign back up for another month of Achewood subscriber love, right this instant. I hope you use the money for some drat fine food.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

OBAMA ACKBAR posted:

how does Col. Ephraim figure into this

That's early pre-Beeftoric Achewood. I think Chris is said something to the effect of 'it's almost non canon'

Wait, it's not THAT early. Well, most of the backgrounds hadn't been established yet, I guess?

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Integral Catculus posted:

I know. I was affirming the intensity of the sentiment.

You also said you hoped it'd lead somewhere good, when in all likelihood it won't, because it's a gently caress you friday. That was kind of his point.

(prove me wrong, Onstad. Prove me wrong.)

VVVVVVVVVVVVV EDIT: That's interesting, because as I understood it, I thought you were thinking it'd be part of the continuity-arc, which was very unlikely. The way you word it NOW is better I guess. Let's hug and call it a day. VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Zefiel fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 13, 2010

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

:frogsiren: NEEEEW STREEEEEP!! :frogsiren:

Dude straight outta Seven Samurai.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Are you ready for a :pcgaming:NEW STRIP!:pcgaming:

^^^^^ Hahahahaha.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

If we're being all about realism up in this bitch about cartoon cats, then I want to know how they got the manufacture/handling/shipping assets and personnel ready to create all the things Philippe invented for the catalogs, or if T is just straight up conning that stupid people who ordered out of their money. :colbert:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

He's also had a birthday where he turned 5, and a birthday where he turned five.

And I don't feel like looking them up but dammit he's five and that's it.

What? I'll save you the effort to look them up, since each of those strips is so good, they deserve to be remembered.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08222007 Cocaines.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08222005 Men havin' babies.

I didn't feel like making them a fancy link or anything though :shobon:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Speaking of Philippe and women, let's discuss just what happened in this strip.

(Later on, when Vlad finds Philippe's phone in his pants, is that the first appearance of his mom?)

EDIT: gently caress! Roboooooooooot!! :argh:

But I used waffleimages and everything :colbert:

Another Edit: on the 'Will you marry me, Frances?' strip, I hadn't noticed how Philippe imagines himself chubbier after some years of married life. That's neat. Did you notice how some TP was added to his hand in the 'Wipe my rear end' panel? Genius all around.

Zefiel fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 13, 2010

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

I had just had a couple of loaded tequilas with my lunch a bit ago (I'm housesitting on my own and bored, so what) so I was more than slightly drunk when I started reading that strip.

While reading it, I completely sobered up and ended up more than a little scared.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

He should write his horrible experience in the fanflow :colbert:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

I'm waiting for Teodor's diginity to just bust through the back of the door and put everything back to normal, waving it away as a dream.

But deep inside I know his dignity ain't never coming back.

CUT IT OUT YOU TWO DON'T YOU KNOW THERE'S A WAR GOING ON

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

poor and weird posted:

Honestly, I haven't liked this story arc for a while, and it's going on for way too long. It's kind of turning me off to the strip right now.

Quick Onstad! Make a comic where Lyle pukes on Todd before you lose this one reader! *Cracks whip for good measure*

Honestly, the only explanation we've come up with for "30'ed" so far is that people in their middle life crisis smoke more weed? C'mon, goons, we're better than that :colbert:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Whatever he's doing, I just hope Onstad never reads the comments in assetbar. At least not the ones from the latest comic, dear god. It's one thing to hear people whine about your update schedule, but what would it feel like to learn your fanbase is ...well, like the dudes at assetbar are. Seriously. :smith:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Javid posted:

Out of curiosity, I googled up the forum in question. Before anything else, they make it such a giant pain in the rear end to register that it's hardly worth it, just to presumably be poo poo on for existing on assetbar.

assetbar user 'plummet' posted:

False.

I ain't gonna pay no tenbux to post anywhere unless I get a blowjob and a cake every month.

I don't even pay for Achewood, and I loving LOVE Achewood.

:smugdog: is his icon too. BUT so far goons are most sane people I've seen discuss Achewood. Let's stay that way too, guys :3:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Boy Named Sue posted:

People always bitch when there is a delay, yet when the strip finally comes out, it's flooded by a sea of praise, which is usually spiked with a few 'Achewood just aint as good as it used to be, guys."

Then there is a delay and people start bitching, strip is updated, repeat ad nauseam.

So let's close the thread then? I mean, you have it all figured out, here. (minus the occasional post by Onstad, I guess)

EDIT: HAhaha, see. VVVVVVVVVVVV THIS VVVVVVVVVVVVVV is what this thread is all about to me. gently caress assetbar for Achewood discussion, goons is where it's at.

Zefiel fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 17, 2010

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Phy posted:

Tomorrow's recipe is chicken

There was a chicken recipe after all: Nice Pete's, so, if based on that- we say that the length of the wait is proportional to the awesomeness of the result, the next strips should be of a radiance only compared to the likes of the Great Outdoor Fight.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

I-It's.. I don't even know how to feel anymore. I knew this moment would come, but I don't know how to act now that Achewood has finally updated. Also it's interesting that it's Sept. 30's strip, not Oct 1st's, which is Achewood's birthday (and mine!) dare we hope for another strip later? :ohdear:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Derpes Simplex posted:

Between both Pete and his father, those are some disturbing bodily proportions.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Happy Hippo posted:

I guess Onstad is concentrating on the stuff that pays, like the cookbook, vol 3, etc.

Don't forget the fanflow! :v:

No but seriously Twitter @achewood says he became an uncle a few days ago. Family First, dudes.

EDIT: VVVVVVVVVVV Lollll :iceburn:

Zefiel fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 13, 2010

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

IF you think these dudes are being mean sprited, don't look at assetbar :ssh:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Word. I'd be completely down if Onstad came about and out and out flatly told us 'I've been partying it up and down all night with my family instead of working in the art form that supports me and my family' because hey, that's what rock stars do. It is expected of them. Why would we expect anything different?

What I'm saying is, we should be cool with Onstad taking one or two years in between albums strips.

Seriously, can someone check if he already posted a BAN ME or something? THAT at least we can know.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I think what makes it worse is the donate link at the top of the page.

Maybe there's a donation counter to be filled before the strip resumes and we haven't seen it because every single one of us has Adblock installed and it's been blocked everytime. It's a magical realism webcomic, afterall!

Wolfsheim posted:

Sure, its a tiny little black-and-white strip, but the writing is gold. You can't force something like "MY WHOLE LIFE I BEEN SOCIETY'S STARED-AT MAN"

I tell you, we should wait more. Any mainstream band takes longer than this in between albums, and their writing isn't half as good as Achewood's.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

I still want my Devil-Banjo, Moby-Paper Store-fantasies storyline to resolve. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

:catdrugs: :frogsiren: http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12022010 :frogsiren: :catdrugs: