Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Pat moved Rod to Portland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

My only claim to fame like that is reading (but not posting in) the thread that spawned Slenderman :(

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

more falafel please posted:

For my buddy's wedding I got him a custom onstad pen sketch of Ray and Beef under the knuckleheads quilt

Did it set you back class money?

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You just pronounce it any old way you want dear and the good lord God will provide

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

it's happening

Remember when people thought 2008 Teódor was pushing a stroller

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Aw he's out cold!

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Dammit im unemployed and I was waiting to have something steady before ponying up for the "looks-like-you're-slipping-on-money" patreon tier but all these live reactions might force me to just pay for the basic new comics tier already

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Scags McDouglas posted:

Been there, my dude. December / January are the suckiest time of year to be unemployed because business hasn't picked up so you're sitting around letting your brain cook in worry and boredom.

If you have a venmo / cashapp / google pay address I'll slip you a hot 10 to get started.

Aw man why you even got to do a thing! The achewood thread is consistently so generous, thanks man, but don't worry, it's not that bad for me!

Zefiel fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 6, 2024

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

What IS a commodore?

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You want your tortas to be from an all-metal corner stall, all stainless and with a hand-painted torta on the back, cook all making the milanesa by laying steak on a pile of breadcrumbs and rolling an empty caguama on it

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Pershing posted:

I only know half these words but it sounds great

I called that one service Ray used to find the exact photo of Steely Dan he needed, and they provided me with the exact video I described in my post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYSevIBi9dU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Wait when does Téodor scam Ray for money? He overcharges Ray to make his baseball card, but I don't remember him actively seeking to bilk Ray in the way that Cornelius does by goading Ray to bet on things

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

In the blogs its mentioned that Ray puts Teodor in charge of catering all his parties and one time he checks the bills and sees a company with a name suspiciously similar to Teodor's that is hella overcharging for their services, but just writes it off that Teodor is bad at keeping track and not skimming from the top like its suggested. Funnily enough, Teodor also does the Connie move where he makes easy money off Ray with betting since he's so bad at golfing.

EDIT: I'm remembering there was another blog post that again makes Teodor out to be kinda scuzzy where he takes up collection from the gang to buy Philippe a present and it ends with the present not costing that much or them not really needing all the money, but Teodor pockets the extra cash for himself. Sorry I'm fuzzy on the details, I read all the blogs all at once while trying to do it in chronological order which is hard for a dozen characters writing in different voices.

I just remembered: he gets paid handsomely for catering Beef's wedding and then fails intensely at it, Molly's siblings get it done and he keeps the money and doesn't even pay them like Ray think he did (as far as we know)

Also yeah I remember that blog post, it's Cornelius', for Xmas, he gave $10 or so towards Philippe's robo toy, which Ray ends up more than covering with like $300, and all he gets is a CD of classical music from Teódor with a "the right price" sticker of like $3 or so still on.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

I did not like the Penny arc and I am glad it did not (visibly) culminate in a Canon "happy ending" for Téodor because I think we should not romantice/ normalize young dudes dithering through life until the manic pixie girl of their dreams waltzes in and makes everything right. (The other big example is Scott Pilgrim)

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

how to tell someone you haven't read Scott Pilgrim

The "Judas Priest Friday" achewood makes a cameo. :colbert:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

If getting workplace harassment suits was a piano Showbiz would be considered a bold and unpredictable talent

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

The Chinchilla stuff

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

^^^ I'm glad I chose it as my forum thingie

Escobarbarian posted:

Pretty much just what I said. In this strip, Pat had the dong, then Onstad removed it after an initial negative reaction, then reinstated it after an even bigger negative reaction to the removal

I don't even think there was any negative reaction to set it off, dude just wussed out after the comic had been out a couple hours, and then learned how thirsty the internet was for ROCK HARD CAT COCK, yeah.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

it is well established that roast beef will conclude that anything even slightly unusual means that he's dying, for example that he didn't notice the mailman came, or that he's craving chinese food

Dracula, the specter of death, the Inuit elder and Roast Beef are carpooling to Comic-Con

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

"I lost a bet and now he gets to act like an angry blue-collar father all day" is so great.

There is a complicated power dynamic in that house.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Anima-erotic Lemmy ruled even if it scared Philippe

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

making a really bad choice and ending up in a can of Alpo Prime Cuts

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Phy posted:

Let's not forget that Rod punched his way through a wall of sheetrock from a standing start in a slippery tub

The man possesses some profound acceleration

That curvy homeboy packs a turbo secret!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

*thoughtfully fingers second Fiscal Offense© card* ;)