Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

I did it wit my lil hatchet
Hey, can someone find for me the comic where Teodor has a dream in which he takes his mouth off and his name in the dream isn't Teodor? I can't remember anything useful to search for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

Futuristic Farts posted:

This one?

Yes, exactly that one!
Thanks. That mouth is horrifying.

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

Are the anniversary mugs and new cookbooks on the same shipping schedule?

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

King Nothing posted:

You mean Lyle. Cornelius has only ever tried to protect his trumpet from such a disgrace.

He just doesn't want to be outdone. The Bear is getting a little old.

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

Someone linked the Little Nephew suicide arc earlier in the thread and "spaghetti's dad" is probably my favorite thing from Achewood.

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

Christ, that was terrible.
Come on Onstad, just write a strip about some cats watching Braveheart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

MizuZero posted:

I agree with the guy; I don't know why you dudes were so quick to leap on his dissenting opinion with Hyperbolic Strawmen (come see us play Tuesdays at the Trash Veranda). I thought Achewood prided itself on not being dated— check out this strip's equivalent from last year. It's ostensibly topical, except not at all, and as a result doesn't come off as contrived. Meanwhile, this one is all over the place, making references to bad Food Network shows, Justin Bieber, Glenn Beck, Somali pirates, and the Zune, then playing free word association with them, and writing that off as comedy.

Seriously, what is this, CAD South Park? Or have I lost my soul, and is the strip no longer for me?

This is basically my deal. This is MAD-magazine-level parody with Onstad's trademark goofy writing style. I hate Glenn Beck as much as the next person but using nautical terms and weirdo accouterments in a joke about stabbing his balls doesn't make it funny. I don't want jokes about Glenn Beck or Justin Bieber or Oscar Grant, I want stuffed animals so distracted by their life that they put too much jalapenos on Ray's nachos.
Achewood trades on character and this ain't that. It's not like this is too subtle or smart for me to get. "Go back to CAD" isn't really an appropriate response.