Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gomi posted:

even all Nice Pete would get old.

Speakin' of, we ain't seen him in forever! (Though here I go getting all ornery now there's been a flowchart for the first time in such as a year or so)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anxiety

Man why do I gotta love the text adventure references so much, I barely even played any

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bureaucracy is a motherfuck and may be experienced by LP if you're not raw as hell at text games.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
How do you tell it apart from the old Fox News, is the obvious question

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just how often does Todd break through a puddle of piss, anyway?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lyle, I think.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Who else could wear a bowl cut and just not give a poo poo what anyone thinks?

Moe Howard, but you're right about Guy

Holy crap, that line about Kennedy

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CannonFodder posted:

No one ever quits prosciutto, they just take breaks.

Man I always run out of prosciutto before I get to take a break

I mean ask yourself, have you ever had an adequate amount of prosciutto?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Uncle Caveman posted:

It's pretty much exactly as I'd pictured it in my head

How the hell does a guy even make this connection

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Smoke posted:

:siren: We got a new strip! :siren:

Roast Beef has the most terrible past :(.

No man should have to clean up another man's dog's shits.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

"I'm nobody's britches" is my new goddamn rallying cry.

e: new page sorry sorry

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
At this point if Philippe and Rage Against The Machine ever shook hands they would both disappear in a burst of hard gamma

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cornelius may be a tough old chap but he was never the Thomas Edison of handing a dude his rear end.

(Wait, does that mean Rodney Leonard stole most of his rear end-handing techniques from people with little experience in patent law and marketed them as his own? Was there a Nikola Tesla of handing a dude his rear end, one who died penniless and alone, although rumors persist of a method he developed that may have been capable of handing the entire world its rear end, all in one go?)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You are walking through the desert. You see a salmon flopping in a pool of water, baking in the hot sun. You pick it up and bite into it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Whoever he is, he's right about those cheeseburgers.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
^^^
oh you son of a bitch

no it's ok I didn't need to sleep tonight

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Teodor is a stuffed bear! But on the other hand, ANYTHING CAN BLEED IN PETE'S VAN.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's stopping you from cooking it yourself?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Fuckin' hell. Forget Warhammer, this is the new face of grim.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Death just sort of happens around everyone, all the time, without them noticing. Nice Pete catalyzes it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ashenai posted:

Argh, gently caress, just read the alt text.

edit: argh, loving beaten. I maintain that it still doesn't explain the man butt :colbert:

Walk-arouuuund butt!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

rantmo posted:

I started from the beginning but that was so many years ago now I don't even remember what was current then.

I came in right at the Great Outdoor Fight, but I read a couple of comics and I was like ok what's the significance of this one cat kicking dudes' asses at this other cat's behest and I started from the be-damned-ginning.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Goddamn it is weird not to see mouseover text on an Achewood

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ain't you ever even thought about running a business before? You offer one version to start out with and then when the market's nearing saturation that's when you roll out the large and designer editions.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Diet Poison posted:

Oh god, Teodor was just trying to sleep HE WAS JUST TRYING TO SLEEP how did this night ever happen to him

This is poo poo Scorsese would hesitate to put a guy through at three in the morning

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
ALAAAARM: :siren:New Strip:siren:

I'm not sure I can think of a less fortuitous place to be knocked unconscious

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Diet Poison, that is a terrible thing to say about Teodor!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Mexican Magical Murderism

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

bloodychill posted:

This is Onstad's version of that moment in the Peter Pan musical where the show breaks the 4th wall and asks the audience to believe in magic to save Tinker Bell. Onstad is asking that we all hope to god Teodor makes it out of this alive and if we don't hope enough, he's not going to make it.

Quick, buy some Achewasser shirts!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grandpa Pap posted:

Or just homosexuality in general, really.

Unrelated but Teodor's entrance in the next strip may be like my favorite Achewood moment ever

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ManiacClown posted:

"Oh… I'm afraid this penis will be quite operational when your friends arrive."

"The ______ is swelling in you now!"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rodney the Piper posted:

It's like an extremely limited version of MacGyver.

Vagina Products MacGyver?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
In a world where talking cats and teddy bears hang out and own pubs and recording companies, Pink Floyd was clever enough to realize that the moon has no proper dark side, but relative to Earth it does have a far side.

Oh, that that world were this.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DocFrance posted:

Fun fact: known hangover remedies date back to Pliny the Elder, who suggested raw owl eggs and fried canary.

The real cure is that by the time you've busted your rear end all over Misenum looking for the raw owl egg vendor and the fried canary stand, you've outlived your hangover.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

McGravin posted:

As hilarious as the original Frozen Peas recording is, I wish this video clip weren't overdubbed. The Pinky & The Brain parody version is pretty awesome. Maurice LaMarche does a great impression of Welles.

Try this'n.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Tomorrow's recipe is chicken

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ManiacClown posted:

Why do you think it's the most painful category?

Hate to be the guy who has to refill the tank on the Piss Jeopardy robot.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Did Pat ever say good things about Ray's dick? GODDAMN IT ONSTAD DON'T LEAVE ME HANGIN'

Hey waitaminute that's two unresolved plot threads about dicks

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ubik posted:

I feel the same way. We had a full decade of celebrating the English language with Onstad, and I'd rather Achewood go out on as high a note as possible than see it limp along like a crippled old dog, just because he feels obligated to his readers/wants to squeeze a few more bucks out of it/whatever. He shouldn't feel chained to Achewood forever, and it would do both him and the strip greater justice to move on at this point.

Put Ray down, put Beef and Molly down, put Pat down. Teodor and Cornelius are sold secondhand by Goodwill to 9-year-olds. Lyle is discarded in a booze-soaked dumpster. Phillippe is run over by a truck full of modern tamagotchis. The robots are zorched by the scanners at airport security. Nice Pete is discovered and gets a nice quick execution from a killin' state.

Todd dances on the ashes, coke-filled and glorious. The waves roll in, and wash him out to sea.

Down In Flames, Larry Niven-style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nessus posted:

The title was indifferent but I thought that that was a great arc. The one that comes to mind when i think of an arc dragging is when they all went to Berlin, but I think Onstad himself kind of realized that.

On the bright side the ending to that was pretty pro http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04202004