Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

I liked Shade, which has kind of a Twilight Zone atmosphere. It's short but sweet and the author appears to have more games on his site, but I haven't tried them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

:siren: New strip is up! :siren:

I may start using "firing on one cylinder," but I'm still more fond of "slut-of-a-bitch."

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

ManiacClown posted:

What, you haven't heard "firing on one cylinder" before? Even I've heard that one out here in South Dakota, where we know nothing of many of the references Onstad makes.
Oh, I've definitely heard "firing on all cylinders." I just didn't know "one cylinder" was common.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

For AFD, Dinosaur Comics put a mask of Reginald and Beartato over all the comics. However, this is better :D
That is pretty sweet. I take it this has been brought up in the webcomics thread? There are a bunch more like xkcd, Penny Arcade, "One Where T-Rex Wears More" and "One Where T-Rex Swears More."

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

EndOfTheWorld posted:

And THAT is the Saddest Thing.
Beautiful.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

I think he meant why was Philippe wearing shoes when he hadn't even put on pants yet. It looked like he might have been sleeping in them.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

Kaddish posted:

I always forget to read Achewood for long stretches of time. Is there a way to start at the beginning of a story arc or any indication when one begins?
Unfortunately, the "Jump to a Story Arc" menu on the main page hasn't been updated since Leon Sumbitches. Browsing the thumbnails on AssetBar, starting from the present and working your way back until you find a strip you recognize, is a good start.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

The alt text and following strip are fantastic.

Edit: And Ashenai clearly agrees.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

Pete's thought cloud after it pops also looks a little bit like an rear end cleft. This is just how his mind works (or mine, if that was unintentional).

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

the Professor posted:

Man is Nice Pete in for a surprise when Nathan turns out to be Nate Smalls !!
Ha, great catch. That makes a lot of sense now, actually.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

Kanye West just joined Twitter. Tell me that his tweets don't read exactly the way Ray's would.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

That one was Aziz Ansari predicting Kanye's tweets, but yes, it's still uncanny.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

Knowing Citizen Kane's reputation for advancing cinematography and effects but having no idea what techniques it actually pioneered, I think the film totally holds up as a character study. Chuck's story arc is that of a character who never had a real childhood and whose concept of love never matured, so he wants everyone around him to love him but sincerely doesn't know how to make them other than throwing money around. His whole personality fascinated me.

On the subject of Achewood, I don't really like the idea of donating money freely to keep a for-profit venture afloat, but I like the comic so I used the donation drive as an excuse to spend some money at the store. I bought the Cartilage Head poster set to replace a set that's been worn out a bit from a couple of moves. It's a great addition to any room that you want to make really creepy.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

say no to bats posted:

There's also been a lot of people reporting they bought stuff off the store in the last few months and never got anything. That in itself is troubling.
I ordered a poster set on August 24 that hasn't shipped yet. On September 10 I sent the shop an e-mail and got this response:

quote:

Hello Brendan,

Thanks so much for your order! Chris has been busy with some new projects, and we're experiencing some processing and shipping delays as a result. We do hope to ship your order out soon -- when we do, you'll receive a shipping confirmation email with tracking information. Of course let us know if you'd like to make any changes to your order. Thanks for your order; we're very sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks,

Rory
Achewood Customer Service
I thought that Onstad hired a dedicated staff so that his other projects wouldn't affect the store, but I don't know. At least we know that there's a reason for the delay and they're not losing anyone's orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

H O TAFT posted:

Were people actually charged for those orders? I hadn't heard one way or the other. That's kind of bad if they were.
Actually, thank you for bringing this up. I just checked on an order I made in August that still hasn't been fulfilled, and the total did come out of my PayPal balance. I think by this point I'm just going to have to live without my Cartilage Head poster set, so I'll look into getting a refund.

For anyone else who has an unfulfilled order from the store, the only support link I can find in my receipt e-mail goes to the now-defunct AchewoodShop.com. I did, however, inquire about this order back in September, and the reply came from an address at Amplifier.com, which appears to be the company that handles the store. They have a support page that I'm going to use to ask about canceling my order. This will probably be faster than trying to e-mail Onstad directly.