Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Halloween Jack posted:

I'll see you and raise

I am just now noticing that his pillow has tired eyes and a smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Somebody posted in a thread quotes from Ray and Mr Bear about what the best part of the chicken was and now I can't find it and it's driving me crazy

Oh, that'd be tough to find, I believe it's either in a chapbook or one of Beef's zines.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Who wouldn't be?

He had a blinking tooth!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Someone help me find the story where Pat and Rod find their perfect waiter. I think it's either in a zine or a chapbook.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

You can't open no brew pub, you JACKASS!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Is that before or after Vlad's own trolling masterpiece, where klan members get a free 6" upgrade at Pat's Subway, every day?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I'll go to bat for some of the one-liners in the Penny 2 arc.

Daffodils are fantastic! I say!
SHITS just BARF you DIDN'T HONOR.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Aw congress, not Altimeter Tim, that guy was just goddamned brain dead from bein' on acid and weed his whole life, and I have NO idea how he paid for that little apartment of his, or any of those dumb Japanese figurines that were always showin' up in the mail.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

It always seemed to me like Ray was trapped by his predilections for a type of woman that was incompatible with his generally blissed out lifestyle. Much like Teodor always secretly craving WASP-y business women, Ray's preferred lady would as soon hit him with his own car as actually put up with a night of his regular life.

He is probably best living in the poolhouse, only visiting the women of the tribe when more children are needed.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Or that time when Philippe got lost and Ray was literally bribing Teodor not to leave. Could the dude also have circumstances?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

My favorite of the blogs is Pat's. It's just such a careful examination of a very particular variety of NorCal rear end in a top hat. All the stuff about him dressing himself as a meathead so he won't get noticed shopping in the Trader Joes, or calling Cornelius to shame him for old captioning because it clearly bothered Rod (it very obviously did not bother Rod).

Plus that last entry with Rod constantly going to cider and fry bars, which I have yet to find in California but now I desperately want to. I want to drink ciders by the pitcher and climb into bed like a big farting pile of college before snoring like an apneating didgeridoo.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

OK I got to rereading Little Nephew's blogs and they're better than I remembered, at least '04-'05 so far. His description of Suicide Girls: "Sanford and Son would get much wood, they see so much junk and metal."

e: kept going and it is like exactly in 2006 that his blogs start getting way bogged down in excessive slang and misspellings the way I was remembering it

I do remember liking a concept that showed up in a Nef blog, which was a Chinese/Italian fusion pizza restaurant where you could get a steamed sesame bread pizza with orange chicken already on it. Wonderful idea, I'm ready to invest.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I always picture him as a James Lipton voice, he's a lover of British stuff but is himself just a fussy old American.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I have yielded many days to imagining a chip gold and true.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

That is awesome but the artist uses little 2s for lowercase As and well, I am left like Ricky Nihoha when the special bean salad is eaten by one squirrel three van meetings running.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

"Where are you from?"
"Chicago."
"Then try my product!"

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I wonder what he laughs at as he is reading them :unsmith:

Frasier reruns, just off screen.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Freaking Crumbum posted:

"he mainly eats filet and has the mandibular potential of a towel at rest" is one of those phrases that just rattles around in my head with a comfortable regularity.

any time i accidentally make an achewood quote to someone that doesn't know the strip, if they give me a concerned look i've found saying "i just love to celebrate the english language" is a succinct enough explanation

Also "pish posh. The lad had the cash reserves of a tortilla."

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I hack at-cha, bottle-brazened Lef' Mo-Higgins! Here's how "2" get YA ROXX off wit-cha pant'z ONNNN!NNN AT THE ...STRIP CLUBBBUBUBBB!

http://hell yes

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Oh Northside Nolan. I never thought he was gonna try and dick a kid. His whole thing was ludicrous ostentation fetishes with adults, like dildo'd coffee and unpleasant antiquarian candies. How was he supposed to know Potty Pals was a business started by a kid who is five?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

I don't think anyone wants to end up ÆrosThriceChastened in here

Fare thee... not well, Cymulon. Fare thee not well.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Sifting the cod from our children's very blood they are.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Oh, quotables that stuck with me?

"This strip relies heavily on the gossipy hot dog chef archetype"

Just changed as needed to whatever other incongruous adjective and job.

Also "Most of these guys think three dollars is a good price for wine."

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Hah hah! Don't thank me, thank anarchy!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

You may no longer serve tacos or taco-format savory conceits.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Can't do nearly as good but wanted to try anyway

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

You did much better than most

I passed on "Kiss my rear end Bitch I'll be at Duane's" because it looked bad on the logo maker thing.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Seriously, what kind of dickwad fast-pitches in a friendly amateur softball game. What kind of snob specifically requests Tuaca from a home bar. He was obviously disappointed that Ray had the Tuaca.

Ray's house has wings on it. He definitely has Tuaca.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

ColdPie posted:

PYF eco-telligent best-stitute.

Forget what you know about craveless nori!

Tim Fadone's "Breath of a Healer" Wicksocks™.

Best part is after they fold as a brand, Pat's all smug about fixing the failure of his product:

quote:

Tim Fadone's "Breath of a Healer" Wicksocks™ are gone (poor Tim - I emailed him, don't worry).

Pat's an rear end in a top hat.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

But what if the building's on fire? Don't be a hero!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The best sentence ever written is "I boo the nacho as his father" but it's probably not in English so there you go.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

"This tastes just like dog penis medicine!" in tandem or separate from "What you all about, sucka?" are in my regular rotation. Largely because I eat a lot of dog penis medicine.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Hey guys, guess who just got... City Toast!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Oh I thought he was taking such colossal dumps that the toilet seat was unable to fully close.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Publishers won't usually post the preorder til they have at least a working manuscript in hand, so he at least did enough that they could take the project away from him if he shirked out from whatever phase they're on.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Nessus posted:

I'm surprised he doesn't have some kind of Cafepress or whatever for the Achewood shirt designs. I am not proud, I would probably buy an Achewood hoodie or something, and an occasional new design or jape would certainly bring in income, with little overhead.

Wouldn't be surprised to learn the resolution of those images he drew in 2001 or whatever aren't up to the minimum requirements of teepublic so doing shirts would mean new art.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

He missed the chance to make that a sexy party by going with "GIN OR CANE"

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

boo_radley posted:

"got thought's about 👉molly's relationship👈 with rb(roast beef)?? see pins for discussion rules!!! or u will be BANED 😛!!"

What if I have an opinion about dd(Roast Beef Disney Fantasy Signature edition)?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

Nolan was probably pretty excited about that, until Ray clarified as to what TYPE of relationship.

Nah he's Nolan he was still pretty excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I want Achewood merch that's the big puffy quilt that says "Just a couple of knuckleheads from the day" on it.