Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm still sad about the collection never being published. I want to pay money for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I can't remember - did Cornelius have any interactions with Ray's dad?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
That's a pity, I think there'd be mutual respect between two titans representing different facets of masculinity.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Onstad's ability to imitate styles is always impressive. Probably goes hand in hand with his skill of creating consistent and unique voices for all the characters. Can't be many who do it better.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

garfield hentai posted:

It really is uncanny and I love these strips just for how much he's showing off with this
Onstad predicted ChatGPT with that watch

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I've had so much enjoyment out of achewood over the years...why won't he let me buy that collection :cry:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
drat, hope he can secure another publisher

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
My biggest gripe with achewood is that rear end man Vs titty man strip. I think it's on the wrong side of history.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm an unevolved rear end man till I die

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Ray being a goth eating bones in the graveyard

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Ray would have died of COVID because he has Hella diabetes

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm gonna sign up for a couple months at least. I've had an insane amount of entertainment for free* for like 20yrs.

* Aside from a t-shirt, a mousemat, and some stickers.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Wonder if this is related to his chronic piss shivers. Need to get Dr Andretti to investigate. What capabilities does one gain from an AIBO prostate?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Best one so far. Self Bernards is solid.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I tried "being in trouble is a fake idea" on someone recently and I guess they weren't high enough to understand

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Whenever I do a reread it's always a bit weird how Pat is introduced in the dirtiest dudes in town bit. Also funny how Beef is identified as being not Ray and not Pat. I remember expecting Pat to have a much bigger role.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I wonder if there's a way to get a more comprehensive list than this

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&titles=achewood&prop=redirects&format=jsonfm

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Teodor is a knob. There are more overtly evil characters like Nice Pete and The Mexican Health Crisis but Teodor is bad in a banality of evil kind of way

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Actually nothing that I can remember, I just wanted to type out the (misremembered) name again. Maybe he's a bad guy.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's funny how the only already wealthy character sold his soul.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Ugly In The Morning posted:

God dammit that strip is so close to the GOF I ended up just going and reading the whole thing accidentally.

Likewise...

I totally forgot the whole lead in with Ray plying his mum with wine to get the goss on Ramses

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
As a subscriber I'd be happier if he were to make the strips free to view for everyone. I'm not paying for exclusive access, I'm paying so he can make a living and do his work sustainably.

So far it's been great, far better than I'd feared.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The revival is good enough that it's producing some memorable lines. I like "I'm LYLE and ... I was born behind something" a lot.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
You folded with a focus and intensity normally seen only in successes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I got excited when Ray started rap dissing but it was quite weak.