Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
ONI published KC Green's Graveyard Quest, which I bought as a small child despite having no clue what the hell it was. drat good comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
In many ways the Achewood Divorce was the Rett Sword Cop Death of the 2000s

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Just got my very first tattoo. Happy with the result.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm real sad Onstad won't let me buy a "here comes a special boy!" Philippe shirt for my fat body or any body.

it's pretty funny that he got pestered to make "guy who sucks/got depression" shirts since the comic first dropped, refused for eons, and then finally printed it... as a sticker

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

JethroMcB posted:

He made the shirt, it's in my closet right now. One time I was wearing it at the liquor store and the clerk almost refused to sell to me. For a while it became my default "Shirt to wear when I'm going out for the night with friends in an unfamiliar city" shirt. Always a conversation starter at a bar or a club; one time a girl made me take photos with her because she thought it was that funny.

My younger brother gifted me a plain black t-shirt that says, in unassuming white font, "I AM NOT A SEX OFFENDER". I've worn it exactly once, at his behest. I understand your plight

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
idk why you'd post that instead of the original

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

Ok Comboomer posted:

there was a time in high school and undergrad where I thought posting context-free Achewoodisms and postpunk lyrics and such on my social media was funny and cool and smart

Choosing not to read past this point

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
“i’ve been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery, just mowing us all down”

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
“I play with this truck!” is one of those beautiful sentences that can be read a million different ways

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
my favorite small times strip has to be Beef getting caught with a Playgirl

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
...the smiiiiiths...

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
oh man that is crisp

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Our ranks increase.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

hexwren posted:

who is that and judging by the date in the url, I'm guessing great outdoor fight?

friend who convinced me to watch world of tomorrow/it’s such a beautiful day back to back, and yeah it’s cartilage head

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
GQ stands for "Guy's Quarterly". This is because it is meant for Guy's.

mutantIke fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 6, 2023

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Cornelius did NOT die of COVID. Cornelius drove Teodor crazy by being overly careful and quarantining until way after the vaccine roll-out

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Jim pushes Dwight down a flight of stairs. "I warned you about stairs, Balloon Boy!", he cackles. Indeed, Jim has spent much of the past week warning Dwight about stairs. Dwight takes note of the day, and realized he really should have seen this coming.

EDIT: Wrong thread.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
It happened on the blogs but I think Teodor's cooking-based war on Chris is hilarious

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Today marks the 20th anniversary of Ray starting his advice column. https://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php?date=04302003&allnav=1

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I would sacrifice adblockers in an instant if I knew they were responsible for the death of free, independent internet art (especially webcomics). It's a miracle MSPA stayed profitable for that long before Viz Media stepped in and Viz'd all over it. Will definitely be paying for this

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Gonna need to hear from the very top tier subs. Especially about those guitar tabs he promised

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I am a Discord native. Finally the ball is in my court

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I liked the first Achewood revival. The drive-thru gag is an all timer for me

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Weekly comics with non-comic phernalia intermittently between

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
10 cents per AI Ray seems like highway robbery, hope it doesn't just absorb all the Patreon money by magic

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I'm not sure how it's profitable either. Definitely cool, but would be a questionable business decision even without the whole stigma around AI

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

more falafel please posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_97q16TFxk

beef is about right, phillipe is fine, ray is... a choice

Should be mentioned that was the first attempt at a TV show, the Netflix/Pendleton Ward one was a completely different beast that got much much closer to actually happening. Hope he leaks that animatic one day

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I think that Ray sounds like the exact middle of the three members of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
He probably rebooted Achewood to pay for his crippling addiction to marijuana doobies

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
A grim reminder that Onstad has a real actual human child, and that he has Opinions on the subject

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Pooh is going to heaven.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Doubters BTFO, we're so back it hurts

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

Onstad's Patreon posted:

[...]the success of Achewood on Patreon has allowed me to begin new books, to plan new animated projects, and even design next-level artwork, clothing, toys, and games[.]

The cycle of stupidity begins anew.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Somehow I had no clue DUDEMEAL was referencing a real actual Taco Bell promotion known as "Fourthmeal". If she is a down girl she will eat Fourthmeal.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

That fourthmeal was when I really feel like they were advertising to me as a stoner.

It really is funny that Taco Bell's entire brand image is the charmingly trashy one. 100% content with being "gently caress it, you'll eat this garbage"

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
No longer must she go shop for bitch supplies

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

to this day I refer to every place my wife shops as "the bead store" and she does the same to me

My favorite part of that strip is that it was published several months before the release of Southland Tales, meaning Wallace Shawn was possibly ears deep in Bai Ling's cleavage just giggling his head off.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Ray has been exactly the same since the beginning.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
In Ole Achewood only Teodor would dare attempt sex with a goth woman. In New Achewood, sex with a goth woman is a near-universal goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Beef has been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic Armored Cores, just mowing us all down