Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Dove from Above posted:

I didn't realise there were such classy lady squirrels.

Yeah look at us being all prejudiced about squirrels. I thought they were all crappy little bullshit dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
I love Todd struggling to lift that pile of money.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

What'n'the FRICK, indeed.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

Todd + North Korean Magical Realism sounds pretty drat funny to me, but whatever, here's my essay about cartoon cats:

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

gently caress... Now I need to go refill my Hopeugrin.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

It's amazing that a two panel strip can entertain me just as much as 10 panel one.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

5er posted:

I wish I could express gratitude for the explanations but somehow I feel diminished.

Onstadt has such a concise way of putting things and a way of arranging the words that's kept me reading Achewood since it started.

He's some sort of genetic freak. Where everyone else on the planet would take a complex emotion like that and write out about 5,000 words if they cared to, he can sum it up in a quip in a speech bubble hovering above a talking cat.

No offense Mr. Onstad, but I think you're dangerous.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

Todd drunk driving simulator, I hope.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

Rustmouth Chafings posted:

I just noticed that the two options for chili are "chicken" and "mild."

Philipe is 5.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

That quote about how a white person fails at cooking chinese food is just one of those things that is so strikingly apt. I'd love to get drunk with Onstad and cook weird food, but for some reason that sounds sad and creepy when it's a stranger from the internet saying it.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Don't be so hard on yourself. I would pretend that I am on hard times, and then using Onstad's sense of charity, I would "temporarily" move into his house slowly gaining his family's trust. Then I would get a hair cut to look exactly like him, and I would start wearing his clothes and slowly get his family to love me more than him. Eventually I assume he would move out and I could continue Achewood by myself. The strip would suffer because I have no talent, and I would eventually fall into a shame spiral studded with habitual drug use and alcoholism. This is all laid out in my diary which I will post later.

Then we are of the same mind, but I hope you realize that we need to literally wear his skin in order to truly become meshed with that reality. Let's do this. This is a Thing.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

Man, being naked, beaten up, and squatting on someone's lawn in the middle of the night is one of those situations that just has no explanation at all when someone asks you what you're doing.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

I wonder if Suckin' Dick Bought That Van.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

King Nothing posted:

Can anyone remember a time when a message like that went up and the strip actually was posted when the message said it would be? I can't.

I'm still waiting for the chicken recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

Happy Hippo posted:

Yeah, it happens. We're just more likely to remember the times when it didn't. Onstad meeting his own publicly announced deadline isn't something that people tend to remember because it's kind of a non-event.

edit; the chicken recipe is tomorrow, I hear.

Finally!