Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

ahahahahahhahahahahahha 'Is he in Society?' holy poo poo

This is GREAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, dredge in seasoned flour, THEN in the milk/egg wash, then in the flour again. Fry. The first flour coat helps the coating stick to the chicken.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Next time my wife and I are getting ready to gently caress, I am going to holler out 'BEND OVER, BABY!! WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT STINK!!!' and will report back on the result.

This may involve someone posting my obituary. Onstad, if I get murdered by my wife for this, will you send my kid a free cookbook?

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Having accidentally watched The Backyardigans, 'poop group hooligans' is an amazing name for them.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Why yes I believe it is!

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Jet Jaguar posted:

All I can think of are self-inflicted injuries. There was that time he cut himself in front of Little Nephew. Oh, and then the USB murder machine stabbed him in the eye...

His description of the fried chicken recipe made me fear for Alton Brown, as I seem to recall his fried chicken involved elaborate preparation including either buttermilk, brining, or both.

It didn't really stab him so much as fuckstart his face.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

EndOfTheWorld posted:

I don't know about you, but I could go for some morning touches right about now.

Also I apparently haven't read enough Wodehouse if he inspired this strip.

Yeah you should completely read the Jeeves books, at least a couple of them are free on Feedbooks.

I always parsed the anti-hangover drink as being one egg, one healthy spurt steak sauce (if you cannot find HP sauce which is British as hell), one pinch cayenne, add seltzer/club soda until fluid enough.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Man I don't know what you other jerks are talking about the new strip is amazing.

Also, I bet we'd see the end of ad banners on SA forever if they went back to allowing you to pay to ban other users. My wallet itches some days.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

The thing with wine is really the same as the thing with mac vs PC or hetero vs homo or whatev. Do you enjoy it? Does it work for you? Then great, that's the best option for you. My wife and I are giant foodies and winos and there are a number of 'low-class' things like certain brands of boxed wine or broke-food recipes that we love, and (to borrow a Ray-ism) that's all right, because that's okay. Understanding why you dry-age some cuts of beef to get the best flavor out of them doesn't mean you can't really enjoy getting on the outside of a bowl of red beans and rice. Similarly, being enough of a wine snob to really understand why different varieties of wine are served in different shapes of glasses or even bottled in different shapes of bottles doesn't mean you are somehow not 'allowed' to think the cab-sav they sell in the Wine Cube at Target is pretty tasty.

Really. Sidestep the whole argument of what you're SUPPOSED to like or not like and just enjoy what you like and don't bother with what you don't. Being a foodie is supposed to give you MORE options, not less.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Chibs posted:

hahahaha holy poo poo, this is excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Animated Cartilage Head is going to be the best thing I have ever seen, I can feel it in my BALLS.