Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Some of the weird poo poo that makes up his face appears to me from some of those pictures as if he inflicted it upon himself, which is horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
He's mad at you.

It's over now.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Give that man a merkin, I think he's on to something

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I enjoy that the intelligently depressed Roast Beef has danger codes like Brisket 36 worked out with his friends to handle stress situations. What an unlikely cavalry.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Vaguely related:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-live-0812-cathy-comic-20100812,0,482840.story

Have my retarded baby.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

ChibiSoma posted:

So what happens when a gently caress You Friday falls on a Friday the 13th? Do you take extra steps to deliver your gently caress yous to people? What's proper etiquette?

proper etiquette is to post your own gently caress you friday achewood fan comics, you first

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Ray needs to do some Wesley Willis cover songs and videos.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Baby due any minute now, so the only money I shot was a preorder of the next book. I'm all over those.

I'd support Onstad for a ton o' chuckles, great reads, and characters I'll keep forever. I'll twit him some ducats when I get another pay check after the baby. See how it all shakes out.

For more information about my life, click here.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
This sounds like my first experience with Shakespeare, which was reading Romeo and Juliet in class, and how after one page the teacher had to spend half an hour explaining the significance of what we just read and how we should all be laughing our asses off at the incredible comedy of their play on words.

At some point you have to just draw a line in history and say "here, watch West Side Story" instead, knowing full well that as lame as the dance-fights were, it will one day be replaced with Leonardo DeCaprio.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Forgive me if my understanding of olde englishe and collier, choler and carrying coals just wasn't up to par to dig on their brilliance. It's language we don't use today, so how are you supposed to appreciate it the same way as they did 400 years ago when it was timely, and you're like 15 in high school.

http://blog.shakespearegeek.com/2008/06/what-exactly-is-collier.html

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Lots of high horses here.
Look, if the Terminator 2 plot is incredibly lovely, it's not going to matter in 30 years that they were the first people to do that crazy weird morphing liquid poo poo, any more than it would matter about bullet-time in the Matrix if the plot sucks as well. Some people find the plot/story/whatever of Citizen Kane to be so dreadful that it's not worth watching it just to appreciate the first time someone used Bullet Time before it became commonplace enough that it's the standard in Bleach commercials.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
It's Portland. It could be Onstad. Don't call unless you want sex and an decipher the rest of the code.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
It totally sounds over. Other than "Continued" at the bottom. I wonder what games have been going on in the back of that van.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

The latest comic says "continues", so it'll continue. I know there's been a boner in the back of the van for three months now, but don't sweat it. Who knows, maybe he's been ducking Andy Larson lately. You ever piss off a weatherman?

Old man needs to call a doctor if he's had that boner for 3 months.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Oh god, in the next to last panel he is either pointing an angry finger at the spilled drink or he's trying desperately to get just a loving taste on his finger. The last panel is clearly rage.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Grandpa Pap posted:

In an amazing coincidence, I just added a bunch of David Lynch films to my Netflix queue AND watched a documentary about him before this strip was published. :tinfoil:

'bout loving time.
Onstad was waiting for you.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

GigaPeon posted:

Maybe Chris is in real mortal peril while we stand here waiting, and in a few days, we'll all receive certificates declaring us "Cowards Who Would Desert A Dying Man."

:golfclap:

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Guys. Strip is up. I think he put the 11/5 strip up today. On 11/7.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Dodgeball posted:

2004 Achewood was the best Achewood.
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12292004

god that was terrifying hahah

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Jerusalem posted:

That's nothing, during the Great Outdoor Fight somebody in the thread wrote what was essentially fanfiction about how Ray was gonna lay down and let Beef win because Beef wanted to propose to Molly as the winner of the GoF.

I love how that kind of thing sounds so plausible for a decent story arc, and Onstad seems to always come up different and better.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Offstad at this point.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I have an email from amazon that I will not read so as to avoid causing any offenses.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Received a home for scared people.
Life is better.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I know what you're all looking for, but wasn't Onstad clear in the past about the absolute lack of fap-worthy art he will be putting forth in his comics?

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Guess who is shelling out THREE DOLLARS again.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
They are terrible, and a terrible peek into his life.
However, my wife is just as stupid when it comes to toilet paper and no explanation of the situation can correct that.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Cobweb Heart posted:

New theory: Todd is the only actual sentient being. He is hallucinating everything that happens in his drugfucked state.

Onstad pulls a Newhart, fans suicide.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I would like to thank all of you for sharing.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

McGravin posted:

Is this thread only for fawning and sycophantic praise of Achewood? No legitimate criticism allowed?

There's legitimate criticism and there's nobody cares that you stopped reading, or that you're planning to stop reading, or that you were tricked by updates to this thread and decided you'll add to the tricking people game. Feel free to fawn with sycophantic praise or legitimately criticize though.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I like the shirt his avatar is wearing what do we call that kind of shirt again?

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
HAHAHAHA
It is the first dog ever correctly shot on YouTube.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Hahahhaa.

"rejected."

I'm glad I have a couple of days left on the fanflow.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Maybe try and ask a man on a twitter?

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
That's a decent point, but Onstad doesn't get a few hundred k per comic, and we don't sit through commercials in order to read them (when they are there).

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I think he's just burned out on a lot of this, and that's one of the thoughts he has about it, after all this time. I don't think he's blaming a thing.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Dickeye posted:

I tried typing "What's the best thing you got" into eBay once. Major disappointment.

I find it works better when trying a new restaurant.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
realtalk: shortages of cork have lead wineries to look into alternative packaging, and try to remove certain stigmas. Boxed wine, screw-top wine, and fake rubber-like 'cork' are all fairly commonplace now.

Or perhaps I heard wrong and it's mold taint that's the issue, not a shortage. This random liquor store has a cool history of cork writeup, listing the forerunners of a replacement being the screw top and that fake rubbery cork I mentioned.

http://www.beekmanwine.com/prevtopap.htm

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
For those who didn't read the link I lanked, there was a cork shortage a few years back or so, and currently Portugal is able to supply 100 years worth of corks w/out a problem.. however there is something called 'corking' which involves mold and/or some other poo poo infecting the cork during the process of making a cork, and thereby affecting the wine in a bad way. Different estimates had it at 1.5%-8% of the wines submitted to magazines and poo poo for testing and reporting on 'em, and upwards of 10% of store-bought wine being corked. That is one of the big reasons that people have moved away from corks, where the best options are the faux-cork and screw-top. Screw-top they do not know if it has an effect on wine over very long periods of time, and either way there is a stigma, just like with boxed wine, which should also be an awesome and ideal way to handle it.

The ideal way to distribute all liquor products is like the Gasolinas in Puerto Rico, or specifically, in a capri-sun like container, in a 10-pack box, in a gas station.

edit: it is a product so good that when we drank all of our rum and were hanging out by the beach talking to a random homeless heroin addict, and promised to return from our nearby abode with fresh gasolinas so we can continue discussing heroin addiction with him, he left once we were out of sight rather than wait for more liquor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
My librarian wife reads a librarian comic, and they have a book club blog thing with recommendations, and guess what's there.
http://www.unshelved.com/bookclub/2011-5-27#HomeForScaredPeople

Reminder of an alt-text quote:
Seriously why did people ever bother reading this comic strip. This is like watching a guy who needs new tires on his car throw new tires at his car from ten feet away.