Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris Onstad posted:

I was mildly surprised no one pointed out how ugly that woman is. It's because that woman is me.

I figured as much, was that to avoid potential problems when it comes to publishing later on or just because you thought it was funnier?

Happy Hippo posted:

He's referencing that stupid facebook meme of putting your own face on old yearbook pictures with out of date hairstyles.

Wait, what? This is a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fillerbunny posted:

Pretty sure this is the thing. It made the rounds on myspace way back when, but I don't do the facebook so I dunno about that one.

Reason 746 that I'm happy to not be on any of these stupid facespacetwitter pages.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love Pat in such a hateful way :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Come on down to Washington DC and check out Ray's Hell Burger. Dee-licious.

They also opened a place called Ray's The Steaks. Normally, I don't patronize terrible puns like that, but drat did I have some good steak there.

RAY, RAY, A HUNDRED RAYS, ONE THOUSAND RAYS!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That is one hell of a way of saying "seven dollar potato" I must admit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love imagining the lines on the other side, panel 8 in particular where the guy has clearly said,"Are.... are you talking about helicopters?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Philippe's lack of neck has never been so incredibly endearing as this.

And I love his interpretation of the title of the book.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

I love Phillipe's assessment of the items in the Sharper Image catalog. Even a 5-year-old can recognize that it's all wholly unnecessary crap.

Yes it's the perfect definition. Loved the new strip.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dove from Above posted:

The Magician's Thermometer actually looks pretty fun.

But for God's sake man, don't buy it unless you are actually a magician yourself or are buying it for a magician.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Little Philippe is too anxious not to be seen as ungrateful or having the sin of pride to enjoy his success :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah seriously even montrealers say "not firing on all four cylinders" or variations of it.

Also Ray is a HUGE SHITHEAD :mad:

He's sad... but it's the way it has to be! A grown-rear end man must destroy a 5 year old otter's dreams in order to garnish his already ridiculous wealth.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddamn I had forgotten all about this one, it just cracks me up. Philippe mentions it in a Friday Facts newsletter a couple days later as Ray saying he was watching,"Naked men fighting sincerely in water."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ Ray, that IS a dick move.... but you're right.... but gently caress you!

gently caress! YOU!

....but you're right....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris Onstad posted:

super-hot peppers!]

...r...rad chillies....? :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God he is CALLING IT OUT! :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy gently caress the reveal in panel 7, Jesus Christ that was hilarious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Zefiel posted:

:frogsiren: NEEEEW STREEEEEP!! :frogsiren:

Dude straight outta Seven Samurai.

Teodor working the sass, there. This doesn't bode well for Philippe's fight back so far.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ, what an amazing clusterfuck of a program.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't pay a cent for Achewood and every time I get a free comic (on average one every 4-5 days) I laugh my rear end off and get to shake my head in wonder at how unfairly clever Onstad is. While I'd love to get more regular updates, I don't see any problem with people who pay (a small amount of) money getting more Achewood goodness than I do.

Basically, while I'd really love getting more for free like anyone else in the world, I don't feel I have any right to complain about "only" getting a certain amount of free content each week.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That shameful deer, it's fat mother will be humiliated.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God not a happy family reunion :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A bedsit guitarist is the kind of thing that sounds romantic to a 14 year old and miserably depressing to anyone over 30.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:ohdear:

What a terrible decision to have to make at 5:33am.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Satch posted:

Book 2 clearly tells you what happened to scrambles. It's all in there, geez.

I got fake pretend upset when I read the "author's notes" for that strip. :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Steve's face is kinda freaking me out in some weird uncanny valley way.... also Philippe is so excited :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Howard Beale posted:

What with all those memory shout-outs, I hope this doesn't mean Philippe is a replicant.

The last 9 years of strip was a story Onstad told so he could tell us this story, a story of an early 21st Century company advancing robot evolution into the NEXUS phase....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

She's so happy to see him :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hahaha, these make me so much happier than the Super Friends strip from early in the run.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God no this isn't right nooooo :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Philippe and Ultra Peanut ran around naked because that's what 5 year old kids do. They haul their clothes off and run around giggling without having any loving clue why, and then an adult chases after them trying to get them dressed again which makes them run faster and laugh harder.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I remember as a kid waking up sometimes and not knowing where I was and having no memory of how I got there and it's loving terrifying until your memory catches up and you realize you're spending the night at a friend's or you're visiting relatives somewhere.

Poor little Otter :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wow that was wonderful.

I hope Pat is the one who gets punched on the erection.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr. Flunchy posted:

edit: also, Google Street viewing your childhood home and seeing it completely remodelled and the garden paved over to make a car park is the saddest thing.

They demolished the pool :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love the difficulty that Papa (obviously from a more "stoic" age) has with expressing that he was feeling an emotional reaction to coming home and his meal not being made right.

"Seeck to my stomach, but een my head."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All I know is :3:

Those jumbo shrimp skewers are going to taste even better now :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I remember when we were all following along at the time and nobody had any clue what was going to happen next (and boy looking back there were some retarded theories) and the panicked rush to see if the strip had updated every time a new post was made in the thread. Good time, good times.

I'm glad I wasn't reading when the Secret Ice Cream Shoppe storyline was going on though, because I don't think my heart could have taken it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Teodor has so much to learn from everybody in the world. Hell, even Pat has managed to stumble into an actual honest to God relationship.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"NO."

Oh God :gonk:

Also, doesn't Teodor live on the second floor? Oh God....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'd prefer to wake up with Chuckle-Bot looming over me than Nice Pete staring at me through the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My favorite thing about the Pat/Nice Pete relationship was that despite Pat being quite correctly intimidated and freaked by Pete at first, within a few weeks his natural "Pat"ness had reasserted itself and he was acting like a total douche towards Pete and arguing with him and insulting him.