Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I SUMMON YOU TO RESPOND TO MY LEGITIMATE CRITICISM, ONSTAD!

I have used the appropriate words of power and incantations. I have spoken your true name, Onstad. You cannot deny my power...

SPEAK, ONSTAD, SELF-PUBLISHED AUTHOR! RESPOND TO YOUR CRITIC!

Haters be hatin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I understand what you're saying, but onstad's in a storytelling mood. I don't think we'll see a return to gags until he wants that to be the focus. It may be that the gags turn into these storylines instead of just ending after one strip.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

benito posted:

In the past week I've gotten both the first Bloom County compilation (1980-1982) and Achewood: Volume 2.

I love having solid, well-printed collections of comics that will hold up well for the remainder of my life.

I was disappointed by fading that occurred when a drop of water got on the black spine of my Vol.2 cover. I was not disappointed by the contents of said book, though. My mom even said "oh I read your comic book, it's pretty funny."

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
At least you can take off in those situations, it's not like as an artist you can just go home and forget about work until monday. It's always nagging me to get my poo poo together and just be creative.

Oh and koreans do the whole surname first, given name last. A 1/3 of korea is named Lee (and the other 2/3 is Park or Kim). Calling him Lee in this case is fine, since in the military/govt. they just tack on the given name to distinguish between the 5 Kims in their unit/dept. I doubt Todd would know or care, though.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Judas Priest Friday has been on my cube wall for the better part of year, people love it.