Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
:siren: New strip! :siren:

did ray just gently caress a monkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

It was probably Beef's internal monologue, in which everything is doomed.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I posit an inverse relationship between embarrassment and condom size. Recall, if you will, the condoms Beef discovered at Molly's back in the day - dude may still have a bit of a ding dong size complex, even though he shouldn't.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

He knew that if Philippe asked for that meal and his mom couldn't deliver, his nostalgic illusion of "home" would begin to unravel.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I was linked to the strip containing a triple colonoscopy, and zipped directly to the beginning and binged the archives in a weekend.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I'm not a fan of this arc either, but it's not really fair to claim it's objectively bad.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

ABOUT DRUGS posted:

Nice Pete now believes that Teodor and he are one of a kind, that Teodor is an amateur or apprentice in an art at which Nice Pete excels. That is new, which is exciting, but it is something I witness with trepidation rather than ease.

This had occurred to me, as well. One is typically glad to return from an evening with Nice Pete alive, but alive and him thinking you're buddies is about the worst way to do that.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Out of curiosity, I googled up the forum in question. Before anything else, they make it such a giant pain in the rear end to register that it's hardly worth it, just to presumably be poo poo on for existing on assetbar.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I always loved how Beef and Emeril tore down the disappearance of Philippe. I didn't think I could be pleased with this arc, but it has happened with this development.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

picosecond posted:

So, I'll be the rear end in a top hat and ask an obvious-but-unpleasant question:

If Onstad took a bunch of money from fans in pre-orders and hasn't delivered at all, has made no notice of his intention to deliver the items that were pre-ordered, and in fact appears to no longer operate his online store from which they were ordered... should fans start discussing fraud charges against him?

I have no desire to throw the guy under the bus but I can't really see this behavior as anything but fraudulent, unless I'm missing something here.

but brain problems

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The link that gets floated on assetbar when this comes up is http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/reporting.php

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

And any one of those would be a very reasonable explanation if he bothered to issue one.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

dolphins are gay posted:

I'm not sure he's depressed, judging by his twitter he's in disneyland. I'd expect something (probably more tweets) soon. Not sure how long a cartoonist stays in disneyland.

Less than six months, presumably, so it doesn't explain the van arc.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

You'd have to pay for the fanflow to even comment on that journal.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Fraud is a crime, "it sucks" doesn't entirely cover it. If enough people made complaints to their card companies, he might get his ability to accept them pulled, which would be something.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I've always heard Ray & Beef as Frylock & Meatball.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

ChuckDHead posted:

I hear Beef as really soft-spoken and monotone. Ray is gregarious and loud as hell at all times, with a tone somewhere between Bleeding Gums Murphy and Bill Cosby.

Brian Blessed as Ray.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Silhouette posted:

Lyle is Artie Lange

No more calls, this is it.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I've often reflected that we wouldn't care this much about its decline if Achewood wasn't the funniest poo poo ever in its prime.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I'm sure ray will manage to say something witty every couple weeks when chris's housing is actually under the gun.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I hear Ray as Frylock and Beef as Meatwad.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I don't know either, but the best place to ask might be the legal questions thread.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

withak posted:

I think his fans generally don't want him to go to jail, they just want the cookbook.

There's a lot of room between "do nothing" and "send onstad to jail", like "court-ordered to issue refunds" which would probably satisfy most people.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I always thought that ray was white, but kind of a wigger.

Pretty sure he's officially gray, though.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Watch him kill the cast off just to spite us.

This is my concern as well. People getting hurt before has always been funny, not serious.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The only voice for Lyle is Sam Kinison.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

If the comic wasn't once so great, we wouldn't care nearly as much that it stopped updating.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I still remember the strip that was up the first time I actually went to read the comic, after seeing bits of it in the funny panels thread for ages. It was the group colonoscopy strip. "..acting?"

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

bgaesop posted:

So... what happened to Onstad? Does anyone know? Did he just burn out and give up, or what?

A divorce will suck the life out of any man.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I'm certainly not defending his decision to abandon his projects and defraud his fans, but a contested divorce with a kid involved is probably one of the worst wringers you can be put through emotionally.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I couldn't personally do it, but I can't imagine it being too difficult for someone to script up a thing to start at the first strip, save the image + text, hit the 'next' link, and repeat. Having it add the alt text to the image itself might even be doable.

I remember there being a "request quick easy software" thread in SH/SC at one point, you might try there.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Hopefully you/someone can combine them because tabbing between an image viewer and alt_text.txt would suck hard. I'm assuming this isn't :filez: since the main comic is free.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I dunno. I think, correctly done, it could own the Adult Swim lineup. Sadly, I don't think Der Önstadt has the give-a-gently caress left to make that happen, and nobody else could truly do it correctly.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Telex posted:

I don't know how everyone else has it in their head, but to me Ray has always been Carey Means and sounds roughly like Frylock.

can't help it, that's just how it's gone for me.

YES. I have always heard Ray as Frylock and Beef as Meatwad.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I will be astonished if we hear anything else from him in months, let alone the show even having a pilot. Real networks will not just wait for Onstad the next time he has a meltdown and goes into hermit mode.

I have high hopes, but this is roughly what I expect to actually happen.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I can only hear Lyle as Sam Kinison. And I have half a notion that Steve Buscemi would be a great Todd.

The obvious choice for Cornelius is Michael Caine. But it's obvious on the level of "deep voice? get Michael Clarke Duncan" so maybe not.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Silhouette posted:

Lyle is Artie Lange

This is inspired. I'd still say Sam Kinison over that, but, well, he's dead, so there we are.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Dacap posted:

Patton Oswalt as Beef

Bullseye.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

. It's either that or, as mentioned, an aging biker who can still kick some rear end if he really needs to.

Chuck Zito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004