Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Integral Catculus posted:

I occasionally pee Ray-style. This is because I invariably crack up thinking of how happy he looked yelling "We doin' this!" in Li'l Nephew's spy photo.

Which strip was this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

vonnegutt posted:

I'm a girl and I love Achewood and I bought the GOF book and gave it to my boyfriend and he thought it was "weird". Which is totally wrong of him but whatever, I'll win him over on Achewood one of these days.

(Also one of my friends is coincidentally also a girl, and has a tattoo of Ultra Peanut, and her husband has one of Phillipe which is so :3)

A-loving-dorable. :3:

Hey, Onstadt, when are we going to be able to buy our own SCIENCE DIET shirts?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I would bet money that Nice Pete's favorite movie is Human Centipede.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Yeah, Achewood's not something you can really show someone "your favorite strip" and expect them to get it and find it hilarious/touching.

People won't care about the wedding if they don't know about Beef or Molly, and people won't care about my personal favorite strip if they don't know Ray and why he'd fake-jump a motorcycle over a mountain on his desktop computer.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Regardless of where we all say to begin, I think we can all agree that hasn't nearly been enough Lyle lately.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06052003

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Since when have the new arcs been added to the "jump to an arc" drop down?

I swear I had a dream last night where Onstadt added new arcs to the list. When I just checked the page today, they were there.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Ashenai posted:

I think I would like to see Breast Attack on gently caress Mountain. (No one spoil it for me please.)

they all died.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Who are some minor characters that you guys want to see again?

• Circus Penis.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

It's in the Achewood Assetbar/Fanflow thing, it's from a written journal entry type thing from Ray on Oct 7th 2009. I can't recommend the Assetbar thing enough, some of the essays are fantastic.

I just paid for 3 months of assetbar just so I could go back and look at Ray and Lyle's purity tests.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
God, I am just now realizing that the "LB" that Beef mentions in the editor's notes on the Phillipe Times is Lie Bot.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I'm calling that closeup of Teodor for an avatar.

Maybe with "You ever suck a dick? You want to?" as text.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Phy posted:

Unrelated but Teodor's entrance in the next strip may be like my favorite Achewood moment ever

His eyes are the best part of that.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I'm really liking Ray's idea of just "skippin' a day"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Nathan looks really really scared in that last panel.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I just think that wherever Teodor's character goes from here, I'm not going to like. Either he's happy-go-lucky T again and getting raped in the back of a van doesn't affect him at all, or he turns into an even crazier version of Beef.

I mean, rape isn't something you just laugh off. :\

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Cobweb Heart posted:

Onstad, did you give all your money to companies that failed? Is that why Achewood is so rare now?

That last row of panels actually struck me as being a bit too lifelike.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Zereth posted:

There was also Roast Beef finally giving us a chicken recipe in a strip on the Fanflow somewhere.

Step 1: Straight up roast that chicken's dingdong.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
A guy on Mythbusters was just wearing a Dude and Catastrophe shirt.

That has to be a much bigger deal than some TIME award, huh?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

CannonFodder posted:

Do you remember what the myth was?

Or a screencap. That would suffice.

I don't know how to take screencaps of my TV.

It was the one about bomb sniffing dogs. They had a huge group of people outside a place and hid the package on some dude.

At the start where they were gathering people, someone was, I think, wearing a D&C shirt.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
How do you think Flavor Burgers would stand to cooking on a grill?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I got a question about FLAVOR BURGERS.

I'm having trouble getting the cheese to crust properly on the outside of the patty. Should I be cooking on low first, then high? Should I be using a specific type of pan? I'm using a cast iron.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I always pictured Beef as a subdued Doug Benson.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03272009

Did anybody ever figure out Pat's puzzle? Is the answer for "Bostonian" an insult? Cause that seems very Pat-like.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Johnny Aztec posted:

This: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11292007
The dialog between them is just great.

That strip really just leads to the best single panel joke in the strip's run.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Gavok posted:

I ended up putting all my Achewood Ruin the Moments together in one post. Maniac Clown's awesome Killing Joke one is there too.

Why is Hulk Red?