Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

So what's the current arc about? What's with that look that his mom gives the pictures of Phillipe that all show him at the same age (5)?

That was in reaction to his meal request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
When Philippe returns to Achewood, he will be able to turn the table on Liebot by telling tales of what are truly the saddest things.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I loved this arc and I love Steve DeNeuve.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Just noticed that Teodor's junk is always covered. Clearly, the stuffed bear's genitals are to Onstad as feet are to Rob Liefeld.

An actual question: didn't Nice Pete lose his desire to be murderous when the USB Murder Machine went poorly, or was that just with regards to Ray?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Teodor's the least intelligent Achewood resident, then.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
What's the difference between the Fanflow and the Archived Edition of Achewood? Is the Archived Edition not on the Fanflow?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Happy Hippo posted:

Archives are just that: old strips. You can read it in order. Fanflow is a subscription service that Onstad updates with all sorts of stuff that isn't available anywhere else. It is worth the price.

I don't mean the Archives, but this.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
This is like a fever dream.

I love it.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
What strip did Ray dream about getting triabetes?

VVVV I tried that. No results.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 27, 2010

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm enjoying this arc so far. Lurquilla and Mayner are amazing and this is a frightening look at Nice Pete. Only negative comment I'd have is to maybe ease up on the accents on Lurquilla & Mayner.

In conclusion, the people on Assetbar are idiots.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Grilldos posted:

I'm interested in why you say this.

It can be slightly hard to "translate" at times, that's all. I love the flavor it adds, but when I first read "Mayner here got a prosthetic fece what he's got to w'ar in his colon lest he hot dot them skivvies" I felt like I was staring at the Rosetta Stone. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The phrase "hot dot them skivvies" is pure magic, though.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
A couple of zines from Roast, essays written from characters, old "side" updates - short updates from characters between strips that mention things not in the comic (I wish these were still done).

I got it on a whim once. It's a pretty great way to blow $3 a month.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I am seriously pumped about this development.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
It's like an extremely limited version of MacGyver.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Just came upon the creepy Nolan arc ("Nolan from the Internet? Ray Smuckles, not of the internet.), which was followed by Cornelius freaking out about his Star Wars tattoo and hitting himself with the most painful part of the loafer

I miss Achewood.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yeah, if the guy had just said , " I got alot of personal things that I have to work through, please be patient with me. I will return in a year." I would have been cool with that, and completely understood.

It's all about communication!

This is something depressed people have issues with.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Is this for loving real?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Molly's line in the fourth panel here: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03142003 always kind of rubbed me the wrong way. "I'm sorry I straight up roasted your ding dong" is still fantastic, though.

Polly was a great character, though, and I wish she was around more.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Onstad is certainly not a pioneer in gender relations, but given how Molly ends up fleshing out compared to her early appearances he does not come across as misogynist. Not the world's best writer of women for sure, but if one includes the blogs she is a decently well rounded character who is not just defined by her relationship to Beef. Its why she is in the comic though, since the comic is completely centered on male characters.

I don't think he's a misogynist all-around, just that one line that has always stuck out to me pretty weird and doesn't really mesh with the rest of his writing. But maybe it's part of her "from 1600" deal.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Prime Achewood, gently caress the haters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Hey, Teodor got his bone on in a place that isn't the back of a van!