Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Muffin Loaf posted:

I still think achewood today is head and shoulders above nearly every other comic,

MS Paint Adventures is just as good as Achewood, but for completely different reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I remember the first time I ever bought condoms. I was so uncomfortable with the idea of the cashier I didn't know ringing me up, I actually milled around the store pretending to be shopping until one of my friends who worked there didn't have a line at her register anymore.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I prefer the term "Pimp skitters".

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I love that this isn't the first time Achewood has featured money in the microwave.

http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uuaf4zbXt

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

:siren: NEW STRIP :siren:

Is this the end of Phillipe as we know him?

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2agblAd4O0

I wouldn't even know Acidophilus milk existed were it not for Ernest P. Worrell.

Stuff really works though.

Fun fact: It wasn't until I was in high school that I made the realization that Ernest Borgnine had absolutely nothing to do with the lovable fellow who saved Christmas and went to camp/jail.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

The Missing Link posted:

I'm implying that he's five, and that octogenarian is not his mother. He may call her "Mom", and regard her as such, but I have serious doubts that she gave birth to him. Granted, I haven't been reading Achewood for as long as you guys have so it's jarring to see this little old lady be presented as the actual factual birth mother of a five year old.

She has a string (of pearls?) to keep from losing her glasses! That's pretty typical of Little Old Ladies.

Maybe this will clear up Philippe being five for you.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Chris Onstad posted:

Come and read about me cooking animal testicles!

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/testicle-its-whats-for-dinner/Content?oid=2518292

Lawry's Seasoning Salt is the one spice I make sure is in stock at all times.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Wolfsheim posted:

I loved that one blog where Nice Pete goes to kill Rachael Ray, but her husband's life is so bad he doesn't.

My favorite Nice Pete blog is this one:

Nice Pete posted:

Living out West has infected me. I am a slave of the advertisements and the shameless style of spending money. I have a good car, yet I want a separate car, of a different shape, for those times when I feel a different way about myself. I even want a third car, of a third shape, for a time in my future, that I should hope for, when I feel a third way about myself. And oh the colas. They are never content with their colas. They add cherry, and vanilla, and then coffee flavor, and they take away the sugar, like a magician pulling away the tablecloth, and change the logo artwork, and keep you ever dancing, dancing, like a madman on a red-hot conveyor belt to hell; if you don't dance in place and always buy more strange new soda then you'll fall on your side and be whisked off to the scalding white-hot pits of brimstone and sulphur. That is what it is like to get out of bed each day in California.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Usually this is the first arc I show to new readers.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

abigserve posted:

A lot of the jokes are hard to understand if you aren't familiar with the characters. I recommend this arc to get people into it;

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04032003

"Prison is supposed to be a really hard place to get out of" is one of my favorite quotes.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

The only thing I don't like about the voices is that my cat is also named Ray Smuckles and now I'm going to associate Toby Huss with the non-Achewood Ray.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I was reading the pdf of the combined blogs, and apparently Pat has been pissing off people by knocking and ringing the doorbell since 2004.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Ray's toilet cam is too far away to give the viewer an accurate picture of the taint situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

One of my favorite quotes that never gets the respect it deserves is "Any cake is a wedding cake if you call it that."

Just as inspirational as "You can do whatever you want in life."