Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I have no idea what's going on anymore. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
If we're all sitting around bitching about comics then I just want to say I want more Phillipe stories. :colbert:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
:siren:Hey guys a new strip:siren:

Oh no it's continuing the plot with Todd this is the worst strip ever I am so sad :( :( :(

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

TombsGrave posted:

I... like the magic realism arcs? A lot? One of my favorite parts of the strip? I like that we've had a few lately? I like the extended storylines whose content per strip made up for their sporadic posts? I like that it still manages a roughly 3-days-of-the-week update schedule even if regularity has become an issue (at least I have MSPaint Adventures for regularity)?

Maybe I'm just weird.

It's okay, I'm a freak/mindless fan that's obviously blind to all of the horrible, horrible parts of this comic too. :unsmith:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Doc Faustus posted:

Just be glad nobody suggested Douglas Adams' "Bureaucracy"

I honestly can't decide which one is worse.

Go play Shrapnel. :v:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
The one time I tried to make fried chicken at home the house filled up with smoke and everything smelled delicious for the next few days.

I've been banned from cooking it ever again. :(

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Jack Bandit posted:

Bead Shop

This is me every time I have to go into a Michael's or Jo-Ann's Fabrics. Also every time I read this I have to Google who Wallace Shawn is. It's like a second punchline, or third if you count alt text.

I've been inside a bead shop. It really is that :geno:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Oh Lee. :smith:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I remember when I realized the same thing Phillipe did. Except I was twenty. :smith:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
That one panel perfectly sums up my three nephews, even though only two of them can talk.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I have sent the new comic to my cousin, a mother of three.

She understands.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

pseudosavior posted:

Man, now every time my grey cat meows all pitifully, I'm going to see him as Roast Beef. My cat is the guy who sucks, and also has depression. :(

My old boss had a gray cat named Sorrow.

Sad gray cats are a thing.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Hey, is it okay to discuss Assetbar content?

Because I just read the Nice Pete Christmas Tale and I'm really creeped out despite the fact that nothing bad happened.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Boy Named Sue posted:

That's the great thing about how Onstad writes Nice Pete. He doesn't always have to talk about killing to be creepy. Just simple things make him seem off.

The one about him trying out a new diner had me at the edge of my seat. :ohdear:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Phillipe makes even the worst years seem magical. :unsmith:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Happy Hippo posted:

Holy poo poo, not to be That Guy again but today's fanflow is brilliant and hilarious and oh holy poo poo you should at least spend the few bucks for just this month just to get today's premium update because god drat.

At first I thought you were talking about the Nice Pete update and I got worried.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
How soon we all forget Nice Pete's Wii game ideas.

I want the special edition of the one where you feed the pigs to the monsters!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Is this the end of Philippe, and in turn our innocence? :ohdear:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Phillipe's rich, and I'm pretty sure with Ray's help he can become comically rich. The little kid can take a jet plane every day to visit Achewood only to head back home for bedtime.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Happy Hippo posted:

That alt text is The Saddest Thing.

Because we've all tried it.

and it never works

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Phillipe you gotta change out of your Ray outfit. What will your Mom think when she sees what you did to that nice rosary?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

h_double posted:

oh god this is exactly what seeing your parents grow old is like

My parents are in their 60's and it breaks my heart every time I see my Mom use a cane.

But even then I can't tell if it's "Philipe's Mom is getting old" or "Philipe has learned an important lesson about going home".

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Guys, we need to stop fighting and focus on what's really important.

This new shirt.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Vitriol posted:

Chris, those are red hats, right?

I have a mother of a certain age.

The fact that my mother of a certain age did not join the red hats is truly a blessing. I also thanked her for not becoming a "Twilight Mom".

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Weedle posted:

?

Gotta keep those old women busy somehow

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

choobs posted:

You typo'd your google search. Hah! What a mistake!

And yet I got what I was looking for. :psyduck: Thanks internet?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Well, gently caress.

I'm thinking Showbiz is going to be on a streetcorner holding a "PUNCH ME IN THE ERECTION - $3" sign.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Look at how happy Phillipe is to go home.

It's okay everyone, he's still five. :neckbeard:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Grandpa Pap posted:

"You can do whatever you want in life" remains my favorite alt text from anything, EVER.

E: Now with relevant strip linkage! Consider it :nws: for angry cat dong, though, I guess.

Hey man, that's "etch on your tombstone" poo poo right there.

The alt-text, not the angry cat dong.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Mage Ham posted:

It has been years since I experienced the awkwardness of visiting an elderly relative with no clear idea of what constitutes entertainment or, indeed, nourishment. The last few sad strips have been absolutely true to those times.

Never before have I realized how great my dear departed Grandma was. Yes, she was an old woman who couldn't cook. Yes her house was covered in creepy dolls and furniture you couldn't touch.

But she was smart enough to buy a motherfucking Master System as soon as her grandkids were old enough to play it.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I had a bizarre twist in my coming home story.

Both my parents worked long hours when I was little so food was always sub-par. My childhood was filled with runny boxes of mac and cheese, painfully dry pork chops, and tasteless vegetables.

I had to move back home after I was laid off only to find that my Mom had transformed into a good cook. The first night back she made quiche! The best quiche I had ever eaten! This is the same woman that once burned spaghetti!

To this day I still don't know what the gently caress :psyduck:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Ashenai posted:

I think I'd be okay with Cornelius or Roast Beef, really. Beef I'd just direct towards my couch and we can talk in the morning; Cornelius... I have no idea, but I'd do my best to wake up and pay attention to whatever he wants to say to me.

Cornelius understands the importance of a full night's rest. He wouldn't wake up you up at 2am unless it's "house is on fire" important. That's the kind of guy I want to room with.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Jerusalem posted:

My favorite thing about the Pat/Nice Pete relationship was that despite Pat being quite correctly intimidated and freaked by Pete at first, within a few weeks his natural "Pat"ness had reasserted itself and he was acting like a total douche towards Pete and arguing with him and insulting him.

I honestly think Pat's friendship(?) with Nice Pete is the only thing keeping Nice Pete in check. Maybe he needs a roommate rear end in a top hat who's boyfriend can keep him supplied with good food.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

SeanBeansShako posted:

I love how we all enjoy the gentle ramblings of a creepy serial killer. Thats how well written this webcomic is.

A serial killer who has given me the biggest craving for fried chicken.

God drat it, I can't cook it myself and the only place that serves it around here is KFC.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Phy posted:

What's stopping you from cooking it yourself?

My kitchen has no real vents or fans in it, which means every time I try to grill/fry/cook something with even a little fat in it my house fills up with smoke.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Death just sort of happens around Nice Pete.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Nice Pete looks so honestly happy it scares me.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

rotinaj posted:

Never start at the beginning.

Start with the arc of Ray going to Hell, or Phillippe trying to find the brown couch.

Brown couch might be a good bet since it introduces you to Phillipe and the strangeness in their life (I have airwolf)

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Grandpa Pap posted:

Last night, I experienced the first nightmare I've ever had from a film I have never seen. Just reading the Wiki entry and seeing a still shot or two were enough to disturb my subconscious. There's no way in hell I will ever watch this film short of being strapped down "Clockwork Orange" style.

I had a nightmare from a vague description one of my friends told me. I think it's a new record for scaredy-cat.

I find the best way to hook my 'real life' friends is to simply hand them the first book. Beyond that I'm at a loss. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

RolandTower posted:

https://www.phoneballs.com

what the hell, is Onstad involved in this or is someone actually trying to steal a joke business idea from a webcomic

They don't have triple or single sacs. Not buying. :colbert: