Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I should request cookbook 2 for Christmas.

Neopolitan Shooters are always a hit when I have the ingredients on hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris Onstad posted:

I do not joke with you when I say that stories like that really are the things that make me happiest about Achewood. Thanks for the anecdote.

Was...she pretty hot?

Man, the only Achewood T-shirt story I have involves the "I'm the guy who Sucks" shirt.

I proved the theory that you cannot meet women while wearing it. I had worn it out to a bar as a joke, and a European exchange student came over and asked me, "are you gay?"

"Uh, no -- excuse me?"
"Are you gay?"
"No, why?"
She said, "Your shirt says you're a guy who sucks. I thought you were advertising."

So then the guy she was with and I explained the slang version of sucks, and how I didn't want to suck any dicks. The best explanation I could give was "no fun to be around."

tldr: "I'm the guy who sucks" comic came true.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fillerbunny posted:

They're the best at getting drunk and loving your brains out, but ask anything more than that and you're asking for trouble.

They're also good for showing up at a party with a pint of homemade fake blood and fireworks to light off in your basement.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just watched Pee-wee and Conan ride giant Roombas.

How jealous are you, Achewood fans/creator?

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uncle Caveman posted:

I only buy condoms at night

in a supermarket I haven't visited in at least a month

in the self-checkout lane

wearing a ski mask

Wear 'em loud, wear 'em proud. Let that cashier know you're about to get some. Better yet, take the bird with you for more bragging rights.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Achewood cookbooks in iPod form so I can take them with me everywhere.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grilldos posted:

I second Android. While I never cook a recipe delivery system would probably make someone hard.

I meant more like an e-book, since I only have an iPod Touch and rarely connect it to the internet.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did a special order of Roast Beef "Science" stickers for all of my music gear. RB was the perfect size to cover up the Poison Control sticker that was on the cheap P-bass I bought.

Hell, I once read "Great Outdoor Fight" aloud to an audience.

I like that the merch features so much bonus content, and am looking forward to volume 3.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The hardbacks are worth the wait.

It's a nice way for me to revisit the comics, because I read all of the archives one week in 2006 and they're blurred together in my brain.

The background information is great.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just appeared? I pre-ordered it in December. :v:

Either way, it can't arrive soon enough.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All of these sound great. Seems like we need an Achewood version of Warioware.

I'd still be happy with an iPod compatible Achewood eCookbook.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would play the hell out of a retro sprite-based XBLA arcade game called "Here Comes a Special Boy." Freezepop soundtrack, naturally.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Li'l Nephew slowly creeping into a lake in a real time simulation.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a personal training program in which you enter your daily dietary choices and have them analyzed by Pat.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
...And it was all a dream!

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So did anyone else try this link? http://gopher.kacw.org/

I'm left wondering how Phillippe relates to Caddyshack.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Posted the same day I decided to go home.

Yes, my Mom is here. We may go to a bar and eat hot dogs.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Might as well post his theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHQkLOn4ooY

Well, at least it's not as bad as the fan videos for "I am not you Gameboy."

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fillerbunny posted:

I cannot say enough bad things about this video. The song is cute and fun. The video is decidedly not.

I know. It was that video or a bad live version.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wasn't Volume 3 supposed to be out last month?

It's showing up as August 10 now.

Maybe it will include a free copy of Cookbook II...

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So did you guys not notice when I broke this news on the previous page?

Not only have I been betrayed by Onstad, but forsaken by Goons! :cry:

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not really offended. I was just looking forward to getting another volume of Achewood with commentary last month.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe the in car toilet is for little kids.

I once once on a family road trip and we were stuck in gridlock on I-90. My nephew had to pee so bad he started crying and my brother had no choice but to pull over and make an impromptu screen for his kid to piss behind.

Even then, I would rather pull over and teach a kid how to dig a cat hole than cart around fresh poo poo in a van in the middle of summer.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChairMaster posted:

I think the idea of it coming with disposable bags is that you throw it out into the woods after you are done doing your business.

If you're the kind of rear end in a top hat that throws dirty diapers out car windows, then yes, you could do that.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2agblAd4O0

I wouldn't even know Acidophilus milk existed were it not for Ernest P. Worrell.

Stuff really works though.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My step-mom reminds me that I can "eat whatever I want from the fridge" every time I visit.

I know that. It's been that way since 1989. Having to be told I could eat their food when I was 19 made me realize I had become a guest.

Is it always about food?

E: Comma usage...

BetterWeirdthanDead fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 5, 2010

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

glug posted:

In other unrelated shirt conversation, if you shop at Abercrombie and Fitch it is assumed that you are a pedophile and also enjoy being assaulted by terrible cologne. In fact, they assume this if you just go to a mall that happens to contain one of their stores.

I've been to their corporate headquarters. It was frightening.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A&F's best product line is Gilly Hicks.

It's a women's underwear line that wants to compete with Victoria's Secret, but even that website is covered in naked dudes.

You should go to one of their holiday parties if you get invited, though.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was once asked if I wanted HP sauce while eating breakfast at a Canadian hotel.

I spent six years thinking it stood for "hot pepper" until I saw a bottle of HP Sauce on the shelf at World Market.

I was hungover and figured Tabasco could be called something else in Toronto.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good luck. The latest Dark Horse compilation has been pushed back at least four times this year.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When will that sign be available in the Achewood shop?

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just want customer service to get back to me about that apron I ordered... :sigh:

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ehhh, what's one more week?

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dove from Above posted:

Why does it wrench your heart that Ray pays attention and takes care of his people?

I would also like to ask: Nice Pete's fried chicken recipe specifies 'Deep cast iron pot, at least 6 quarts in capacity.' I have a pot of that capacity, but it is wrought of aluminium (with a non-stick coating). Do you think I could still successfully make the recipe using such a vessel, or is it doomed before I begin?

I don't think you'd want to deep fat fry in a non-stick pan. It requires enough heat that you're likely to gently caress up the coating and/or get teflon in your food.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had a dream that I received a full-color Achewood print in the mail.

It started started with one b&w panel then slowly unfolded to be about three or four feet long and over a foot wide with the characters down in hell with colorized flames all around them.

A swath of regret hit me when I'd been up for about half an hour and remembered it was only a dream.

I shouldn't read Clark Ashton Smith stories before bed...

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dodgeball posted:

If you want to cool your food before putting it away, and need counter space, put the food in an airtight container and toss that poo poo in your powered-off oven until it's room temperature.

Actually, that airtight seal will help keep the temperature up and encourage bacterial growth.

Ideally, you'd put that uncovered container in a bowl of ice water to rapidly bring that food down to room temperature before you stick it in the fridge.

Does GWS have an :eng101: with a chef's hat?

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I've e-mailed the store specific e-mail a few times about an apron I ordered in early July and still haven't received.

I'm not piss or anything, I just want the apron.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice catch on that one.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe a copy of Cook Book II is hiding underneath that photo. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Satorr posted:

So I got an email from Amazon stating that the Dark Horse Volume 3 book arrival date has been BUMPED from Dec 30th to Dec 8th. Just around the corner.

Only two days shy of the anniversary of when I pre-ordered the book.

It'll be really nice to receive that book in the middle of finals week.