Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Matlock posted:

Sorry Doc, but due to your grievous error you might want to get used to posting Achewood threads...

...in Hell.

Doc Faustus had better be careful...

ON JUDAS PRIEST FRIDAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Volga Boatman posted:

Technically incredibly skilled, but always lacking that certain je ne sais quoi?

I think he means bald.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

:siren: NEW STRIP :siren:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I have no idea what the gently caress you hoped to accomplish by coming in here and arguing semi-coherently about how Achewood is bad because you don't like it.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Spillane posted:

here i'll tell it to you on terms you can understand

Spillane you are a bad poster!
You....are...bad!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I like how "peel out" is the only thing Todd can think of doing with a van.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I wonder if the illegal van is accompanied by any illegal ghost bikes.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Dacap posted:

You can play the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy one online http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game_nolan.shtml

Hitchhiker's is great fun to play with a step-by-step walkthrough, where you can understand and appreciate the humor in the puzzle solutions, rather than playing it by yourself where you'll be too frustrated to laugh.

Some of my favorite relatively modern IF works include Anchorhead, Slouching Towards Bedlam, and Varicella.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

:siren: New strip! :siren:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

It's really hard to capture the sense of dream logic in a comic strip, but I feel like that strip captures it just perfectly, the way things that never were are not only established fact, but entirely reasonable in your own mind.

I know exactly what you mean. And it's not until you wake up that you realize how hosed up everything was.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I'm not familiar with Tony Millionaire's work, but it reminds me of underground comic artists from the '70s and '80s like Gary Panter and Bill Griffith.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Fillerbunny posted:

Glad to brighten your day.

I kind of hate to admit it, but as I am somewhat of an ex-punker, yeah she was pretty hot.

Hell yeah, punk girls are the loving best

Weedle
May 31, 2006

davidspackage posted:

I have yet to get laid from wearing an Achewood t-shirt, but people often get a laugh from reading my "the dude has got no mercy" shirt.

It could be a coincidence but I do feel much tougher when wearing it

They probably think it's a Big Lebowski joke

Weedle
May 31, 2006

davidspackage posted:

I was playing around in the character map earlier trying to find that stern googly-eyed thing, and I think I ended up finding Philippe's nose instead.

___
|'ᴥ'| ♪

__
|'ᴥ'| ♪

Use
code:

to add blank spaces.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I've experienced some pretty severe pain in my life, but I'm not sure whether any of it would be considered "tremendous." Do I still have something to look forward to :ohdear:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

This is the funniest Achewood strip in a long time. God, Philippe's personality is perfectly encapsulated within that speech bubble. Philippe living with Roast Beef has the potential for the most comedy ever in a webcomic.

Weedle fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 20, 2009

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Phenylketonuric posted:

No, I did mean Cornelius. Take another look. Cornelius could be putting his trumpet away in a locked drawer, sure, but I've always liked to believe that he's positioning the trumpet to line up with his crotch for a jam sesh. Note the quiet awe of a man bear possessed by an idea that had never occurred to him before. He's thinking: Perhaps it is possible.

He's taking the trumpet off the top of the desk and locking it in a drawer.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

:siren: New strip! :siren:

They will never have kids.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

You guys don't have condom vending machines in mens rooms?

We do in gross truck stops

Weedle
May 31, 2006

It does all of those things.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

OBAMA ACKBAR posted:

aaaaaaagh onstad finally gets back and updates and IT WON'T LOAD FOR ME

stop talking about how funny the strip is god drat you LOAD ALREADY DAMMIT

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Soylentbits posted:

It's come up in Achewood before but I can't place the strip. Does anyone else remember it?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

why would someone poo poo in their car

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ChairMaster posted:

I think the idea of it coming with disposable bags is that you throw it out into the woods after you are done doing your business.

please don't throw plastic bags into the woods

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Maybe Philippe's "mom" is actually his grandmother and she's been concealing the tragic deaths of his parents from him.

Skadi posted:

Forget that, what are those blue nubs on the wheel? Bling?

It looks like one of those grippy covers, but with blue LEDS on it for some reason.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Sgs-Cruz posted:

It seems many people here are like me and are in such a hurry to see what happens that they don't pay enough attention to the details.

Panel 8, April 2, 2010:
Voice on phone, talking to Teodor: Our driver is two blocks away, with Mr. DeNeuve, awaiting your authorization of these changes.

I'm pretty sure that's just referring to the fact that they had to use an alternate vehicle.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

DocFrance posted:

Philippe is five just as Calvin is six and Bart is ten. This is never brought up as any kind of serious issue, at most you get a self-aware joke about it. Bill Watterson never said "Hmm yes, let's have a story arc exploring the deep philosophical ramifications of a boy who has been six for almost a decade."

It's a joke, people.

What does what Bill Watterson did or didn't do have to do with what Chris Onstad is or isn't doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Vitriol posted:

Chris, those are red hats, right?

I have a mother of a certain age.

?