Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Ferg posted:

If you can get me the greasemonkey code it shouldn't be too hard to port.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/51231

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

I tried playing with that earlier. And I could not get it to open in tabs. What I found and messed with wouldn't work. Hopefully Ferg will have better luck that I did.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
This doesn't have anything to do with Chrome or SALR, but I just had to ask because I've never met one.
What does your wife think of you being a nevernude?

onoj
Jan 15, 2006
muh?

Zeph posted:

There are dozens of us!

On a more salr related note, I'll get round to fixing the monstrosity that is youtube conversions in the next couple of days.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

calandryll posted:

I tried playing with that earlier. And I could not get it to open in tabs. What I found and messed with wouldn't work. Hopefully Ferg will have better luck that I did.

It's simple enough. I'll toy with it and see what I can do. Might have it up and running tonight.

Zeph posted:

^^^ What onoj said

onoj posted:

On a more salr related note, I'll get round to fixing the monstrosity that is youtube conversions in the next couple of days.

Nice, thanks!

Edit: Well that was easy. I'll roll this "open updated threads" button into the release with the navigator fix. Just need to pretty it up.

Ferg fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 30, 2010

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Alright, v0.4.8 is up and it looks like its updating correctly (finally).

Has the "Open all updated threads" feature from Sad Panda. The page navigator will now be disabled by default, so you can enable it by going to the Page Display tab in the options panel.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Ferg posted:

Alright, v0.4.8 is up and it looks like its updating correctly (finally).

Has the "Open all updated threads" feature from Sad Panda. The page navigator will now be disabled by default, so you can enable it by going to the Page Display tab in the options panel.

Great! Thanks for that. Seemed to work perfectly then when I just tried to use it.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sad Panda posted:

Great! Thanks for that. Seemed to work perfectly then when I just tried to use it.

Yeah, your code worked well. Just tweaked the styling a bit on the link and made the necessary changes for it to work within Chrome.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, Github was starting to irritate me and Google's method of uploading/updating extensions is much better. Unfortunately the unique key that is used to identify an extension isn't shared across both Google and the non-Google repo so you will need to uninstall and reinstall if you want to continue receiving automatic updates. Obviously I'll still use Github for hosting the code and managing all that, but I won't use Github Pages for hosting the CRX file anymore.

Here's the link: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed?hl=en-US

Since I'm in a motivated mood, I'll look into UserVoice or something similar.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sebbe posted:

Perhaps we should consider setting up a UserVoice page.

They tend to be pretty popular and easy to use for tracking feature requests.

(The free plan should be fine; an example of it is available here, for my Skype bot)

Here we go: http://salr.uservoice.com/

Thanks for the pointer to this, I like it.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ferg posted:

Okay, Github was starting to irritate me and Google's method of uploading/updating extensions is much better. Unfortunately the unique key that is used to identify an extension isn't shared across both Google and the non-Google repo so you will need to uninstall and reinstall if you want to continue receiving automatic updates. Obviously I'll still use Github for hosting the code and managing all that, but I won't use Github Pages for hosting the CRX file anymore.

Here's the link: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed?hl=en-US

Since I'm in a motivated mood, I'll look into UserVoice or something similar.

Thanks, set this up and it's awesome.

TehWhale
Mar 28, 2010
Awesome, it works well, thank you.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Post highlighting (OP, you, mods, friends, admins, etc) seems to not be working after I updated...

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Teddybear posted:

Post highlighting (OP, you, mods, friends, admins, etc) seems to not be working after I updated...

Check your settings. Since the extension key changed your browser thinks it's a different extension.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ferg posted:

Check your settings. Since the extension key changed your browser thinks it's a different extension.

Hm. Well, it highlighted my text when you quoted me, but not my own post. I put my username in the settings and checked the boxes, but it doesn't seem to be all there. Lemme tinker.

stereogeek
Jun 17, 2008
Well, I un-installed, and re-installed from the chrome extensions page. Turned on page navigation, and it's still doing the ghosting thing.

SALR 0.4.8, Chrome 5.0.360.4 dev

Edit: It's not as bad as it was, but still there.

stereogeek fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 1, 2010

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

stereogeek posted:

Well, I un-installed, and re-installed from the chrome extensions page. Turned on page navigation, and it's still doing the ghosting thing.

SALR 0.4.8, Chrome 5.0.360.4 dev

Edit: It's not as bad as it was, but still there.

Like I mentioned before, the ghosting "fix" is experimental. I haven't ever seen the ghosting bug myself, so I added the option to disable the navigator entirely. Since it only appears to affect beta users (even though I use beta on my home desktop) I'm not going to remove the drop shadow effect entirely. Next release, I'll try a different experimental solution.

stereogeek
Jun 17, 2008

Ferg posted:

Like I mentioned before, the ghosting "fix" is experimental. I haven't ever seen the ghosting bug myself, so I added the option to disable the navigator entirely. Since it only appears to affect beta users (even though I use beta on my home desktop) I'm not going to remove the drop shadow effect entirely. Next release, I'll try a different experimental solution.

Ok, just letting you know that the issue is still there. It's not a huge deal for an otherwise awesome extension. Thank you everyone involved for this extension!

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I am *not* seeing the ghosting anymore with the latest version.

Windows Vista, 5.0.342.8 beta

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SLOSifl posted:

I am *not* seeing the ghosting anymore with the latest version.

Windows Vista, 5.0.342.8 beta

Were you seeing it before? I have the same version of Chrome on Windows 7 at home and have never seen it.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

The ghosting doesn't happen with the beta for me either, but it was still there in the dev version. Then again, I had other weird graphics glitches with the dev version, so I don't think it was something with the extension.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Ferg posted:

Were you seeing it before? I have the same version of Chrome on Windows 7 at home and have never seen it.
I used to see it all the time, but it is totally possible that it stopped when I switched to the beta channel from dev a week ago.

chizad
Jul 9, 2001

'Cus we find ourselves in the same old mess
Singin' drunken lullabies
I stopped using SALR for FF a couple years ago when most of the features I used got rolled into the forums themselves. But I started using the Chrome extension for a few weeks now and was quickly reminded why I used to use it. All the little extras make browsing the forums so much easier. So thanks for bringing the goodness to Chrome.

Now, time for a pie in the sky feature request. Would it be at all possible to add a way to exempt certain threads from the "open all updated threads" feature? I usually have a couple threads bookmarked so I can catch up on them when I have time to plow through the 10+ or whatever pages there are. If it'd be a hassle to implement it's not a big deal, but it'd be really awesome if I could click that link and have it open all but one or two threads.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Anyway you could take the forum's coloring of threads into effect? I like to mark certain important threads in the red and threads i might want to check up on every now and then but not necessarily read in Yellow. works fine in Firefox SALR but Chrome's overrides it. I know Chrome's limited but I dunno how limited.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Also while I'm making requests anyway you could come up with something akin to the youtube highlight code to work for usernames too? I might try my hand at it later since most of the code already exists but I'm not familiar with JS so I'll be muddling through it.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Casao posted:

Anyway you could take the forum's coloring of threads into effect? I like to mark certain important threads in the red and threads i might want to check up on every now and then but not necessarily read in Yellow. works fine in Firefox SALR but Chrome's overrides it. I know Chrome's limited but I dunno how limited.

Chrome doesn't have that many limitations anymore. There's still a few API's still being worked out, but most things are possible. The only feature I can't implement the way I want right now is the Quick Reply box.

Casao posted:

Also while I'm making requests anyway you could come up with something akin to the youtube highlight code to work for usernames too? I might try my hand at it later since most of the code already exists but I'm not familiar with JS so I'll be muddling through it.

Highlighting them how?

Make sure to submit any feature requests to: http://salr.uservoice.com/

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ferg posted:

Highlighting them how?

Click here for the full 1643x520 image.

Just a suggestion based on what Youtube does right now.

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48927-general/suggestions/620233-username-highlighting?ref=title

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48927-general/suggestions/620237-support-the-forum-bookmark-colors?ref=title

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can we expect parity with the firefox SALR extension? Keyboard navigation and the newer youtube enhancements are really nice.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ferg posted:

I've checked everything I think I can, and it's still not working. Quotes work, but post highlighting doesn't... :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I just installed Chrome and the extension today, and I can't get the grenade icon on the omnibar to appear nor the page navigators at the bottom. Using Windows XP SP3 if that counts for anything.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Edmond Dantes posted:

I just installed Chrome and the extension today, and I can't get the grenade icon on the omnibar to appear nor the page navigators at the bottom. Using Windows XP SP3 if that counts for anything.

You've tinkered with the extensions options? (Wrench on the right of the screen --> Extensions --> Options (in line with SALR extension))

Incidentally, this is what I see with post highlighting enabled:

It worked perfectly before the update, now it doesn't. Settings are the same, and my name (Teddybear) is in the options menu.

Teddybear fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 6, 2010

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Teddybear posted:

You've tinkered with the extensions options? (Wrench on the right of the screen --> Extensions --> Options (in line with SALR extension))

Incidentally, this is what I see with post highlighting enabled:

It worked perfectly before the update, now it doesn't. Settings are the same, and my name (Teddybear) is in the options menu.

For some reason I had not noticed the big "USE PAGE NAVIGATORS" option, but I can't find anything relating to the grenade icon on the omnibar. :shobon:

Highlighting seems to be working A-ok for me, btw.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Edmond Dantes posted:

For some reason I had not noticed the big "USE PAGE NAVIGATORS" option, but I can't find anything relating to the grenade icon on the omnibar. :shobon:

Highlighting seems to be working A-ok for me, btw.

The omnibar icon isn't configurable. What version of Chrome?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ferg posted:

The omnibar icon isn't configurable. What version of Chrome?

/edit: Huh... looks like the latest version is 5.something. It gave me a little "up to date" sign when checking just now... I'm downloading the latest version (stable), and I'll chime back in in a jiffy.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 6, 2010

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Am I just weird? Nobody else had problems with highlighting when they updated?

Maybe I'm cursed :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Edmond Dantes posted:

/edit: Huh... looks like the latest version is 5.something. It gave me a little "up to date" sign when checking just now... I'm downloading the latest version (stable), and I'll chime back in in a jiffy.

Well, just updated to the latest beta version (5.0.342.8) and I still don't have the grenade thingie on the omnibar. :(

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Teddybear posted:

Am I just weird? Nobody else had problems with highlighting when they updated?

Maybe I'm cursed :(

Shot in the dark, but did you uninstall the old extension before switching to the Google-hosted version? What about uninstalling whichever one you have now and reinstalling it? Note I'm talking about the extension, not the browser. That would be stupid overkill.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Well, just updated to the latest beta version (5.0.342.8) and I still don't have the grenade thingie on the omnibar. :(

Let me fiddle with this. I did tweak the manifest to get it working on the Google repo, maybe I knocked something out of whack.

Edit: Does anybody know if the XP version of Chrome is a different version of the app? Do you have any extensions that work in the omnibar?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ferg posted:

Shot in the dark, but did you uninstall the old extension before switching to the Google-hosted version? What about uninstalling whichever one you have now and reinstalling it? Note I'm talking about the extension, not the browser. That would be stupid overkill.

I uninstalled the old one when I installed the new one, and I just uninstalled and reinstalled from the google link. Same thing. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ferg posted:

Edit: Does anybody know if the XP version of Chrome is a different version of the app? Do you have any extensions that work in the omnibar?

I got the gmail advanced notifier, xmarks and AdBlock, all 3 show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Edmond Dantes posted:

I got the gmail advanced notifier, xmarks and AdBlock, all 3 show up.

None of those are IN the omnibar, they're on the button bar with the page/wrench icons though. Talking about a tiny icon inside the url bar.

• Locked thread