Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Instead of colorizing entire posts (for Mods and Admins, thread OPs, etc.), could username colorization be implemented instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004

Obviously Erratic posted:

This doesn't work for me :(

Nor me :(

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Aatrek posted:

Instead of colorizing entire posts (for Mods and Admins, thread OPs, etc.), could username colorization be implemented instead?

Yeah should be simple enough. That was the method I preferred on the Firefox version.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Did the "open all unread threads" button in the control panel disappear or did I just screw something up on my end?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Javid posted:

Did the "open all unread threads" button in the control panel disappear or did I just screw something up on my end?

Nope, still there. Are any features working? If you found a way to crash it you would see either partial, or no SALR features working on the page. Also keep in mind that Chrome only looks at page-modifying extensions after a page fully loads, so if something is taking a while to come up then the extension wouldn't have been fired off yet. Try refreshing the page.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I just reinstalled the extension, the other stuff is rendering so it's not a case of something taking too long to load. Weird.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Javid posted:

I'm having this problem too. Every other feature works. Mac OS 10.6.3, Chrome 5.0.396.0. Tried reinstalling the extension, still doesn't work.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Manky posted:

I'm having this problem too. Every other feature works. Mac OS 10.6.3, Chrome 5.0.396.0. Tried reinstalling the extension, still doesn't work.

Hit Ctrl-Shift-J and hit the console tab, then refresh the page. Do any of the errors that popup specify salr.js? You can paste the errors if you need to, the site throws a few every time.

Additionally, click the Wrench button, go to Extensions, enable Developer mode if it isn't already, and under the SALR extension, click the salr-chrome.html inspect link. You'll get another debug window. Like before, go to the console tab, reload the page, and paste any errors to me.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Okay, let's see... I'm getting a few errors, but they vary every time I refresh the page. The most common is "failure to load resource ads." Sometimes instead of failing to load "ads" it says it failed to load "ajs.php." The console for the extension isn't showing any errors. So no errors mentioning SALR.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm feeling motivated tonight. Just rolled out version 0.5. New features:

- Cleanup how the ban history link is shown
- Add user notes
- Add custom boxing of quotes
- Make personal quote highlighting optional
- Allow highlighting of mod/admin usernames

I'd recommend changing the admin highlight color if you want to highlight usernames. The pale green is pretty hard to read. I'm using #3cb53c.

Also, remember you'll need to re-configure all your settings with this release. It includes the settings API revamp I did a few days ago. That being said, be sure to let me know specifics of any issues you see where options may not be working as expected.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ferg posted:

- Add user notes

Pardon my ignorance but what is this? Also, bad rear end release. No issues on the beta channel.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Pardon my ignorance but what is this? Also, bad rear end release. No issues on the beta channel.

Ha, ignore that one. Sebbe throws so many patches my way that I hardly ever read his stuff anymore (because it's always solid anyways). Looks like we still have some implementation work to go on that.

And to be quite honest, I have no idea what it is, but somebody had requested it and he jumped on it.

Working on a rough implementation of quick reply right now. I'll throw up some screenshots when I have something I like.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ferg posted:

[User notes]
And to be quite honest, I have no idea what it is, but somebody had requested it and he jumped on it.

It's to make forum stalking more effective - for example, if someone posts in a thread she's a girl you'd write that down. Then later you find one of her posts in the "First time you had sex"-thread, or the "My boyfriend left me", or "My job just fired me", or one of the local threads to get her location.

Then you can quickly build a quite comprehensive database on a person :stalker:

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The username highlighting looks nice, thanks. Is there any way that could be extended out to the forum list (i.e., the "Thread Started By..." column)?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

It updated, and now I don't have "ban history" under everyone's names. Version 5 right?

It also got rid of all my settings, too.

I think your extension hates me. :sigh:

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Aatrek posted:

The username highlighting looks nice, thanks. Is there any way that could be extended out to the forum list (i.e., the "Thread Started By..." column)?

Yeah, definitely.

Teddybear posted:

It updated, and now I don't have "ban history" under everyone's names. Version 5 right?

It also got rid of all my settings, too.

I think your extension hates me. :sigh:

If you check up in my post I said you'd need to replace all settings with this release. I revamped how settings are stored/created. Should be the last time that's necessary though.

What OS/Chrome version are you running?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

5.0.375.38 beta on Windows 7.

Teddybear fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 13, 2010

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Ferg posted:

Ha, ignore that one. Sebbe throws so many patches my way that I hardly ever read his stuff anymore (because it's always solid anyways). Looks like we still have some implementation work to go on that.

Actually, you just renamed the setting that enables it wrong. :ssh:

What it does, though, is this:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid posted:

Still happening after the latest version. 5.0.396.0 on Vista.

TangyRaptor
Apr 10, 2006
Seasoning not included.
Mod highlighting seems to be broken for me with version .5 in 5.0.396 on Windows 7. I don't have the checkbox for highlight usernames checked (which in the options shows up under the mod highlighting section for me), yet it still highlights the mod's name and refuses to highlight the post. All other highlighting seems to be alright. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension with no change.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Wait, how is everyone on 5.0.398? I just uninstalled and reinstalled, and it's still 5.0.375.38 beta.

EDIT: I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and the extension. I don't know what else to do. :(

Teddybear fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 13, 2010

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sebbe posted:

Actually, you just renamed the setting that enables it wrong. :ssh:

What it does, though, is this:

I'm going to plead that the alcohol was taking effect by the time I started looking into it. I'll roll out a hotfix soon (tonightish).

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Teddybear posted:

Wait, how is everyone on 5.0.398? I just uninstalled and reinstalled, and it's still 5.0.375.38 beta.

EDIT: I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and the extension. I don't know what else to do. :(

There's the beta version and there's also a dev version. You can download it here if you want to.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Manky posted:

There's the beta version and there's also a dev version. You can download it here if you want to.

I've upped to the dev channel. Still nothing, though :(

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just rolled up v0.5.1. Fixed the user notes and tweaked them slightly to credit all past and present contributers, also fixed the mod post highlighting.

As for the "Open all threads" bug, I'm going to fiddle with some developer builds on my Mac and see if I can duplicate it. Unfortunately that's the only way for most of these issues to get fixed if there's no information cropping up in either console.

Ferg fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 14, 2010

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I figured it out!

Apparently, enabling "Highlight my buddies" when you didn't have anyone in the buddy list causes the entire thing to gently caress itself in a big pile of trainwreck. I added a couple people, and now everything works! Yay!

:D

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Teddybear posted:

I figured it out!

Apparently, enabling "Highlight my buddies" when you didn't have anyone in the buddy list causes the entire thing to gently caress itself in a big pile of trainwreck. I added a couple people, and now everything works! Yay!

:D

poo poo, nice find. I'll patch that right now.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Alright, fixed in hotfix v0.5.2.

Thanks for identifying the bug, Teddybear. Good chance this fixes a number of other oddball issues people may have been seeing.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ferg posted:

Alright, fixed in hotfix v0.5.2.

Thanks for identifying the bug, Teddybear. Good chance this fixes a number of other oddball issues people may have been seeing.

I helped, kinda :3:

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Teddybear posted:

I helped, kinda :3:

Helped majorly, because I sure as hell had no idea what might be causing it ;)

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell
Lots of nice features in this update :) nice work guys!

It would be nice with an option to change the colour of quotes.

edit: Might want to update the OP with the new features.

fishbacon fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 14, 2010

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Fish posted:

edit: Might want to update the OP with the new features.

Done. Using the second post to maintain a changelog. I'm also updating the changelog on the Chrome Extensions page.

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008
SALR stopped working for me today, not sure why. Tried uninstalling, reinstalled, disable, reenable. Nothing works. Closing chrome, ect.

Chrome 5.0.375.38
SALR 0.5.2

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lenins Potato posted:

SALR stopped working for me today, not sure why. Tried uninstalling, reinstalled, disable, reenable. Nothing works. Closing chrome, ect.

Chrome 5.0.375.38
SALR 0.5.2

Check your settings. With v0.5 you had to reset everything because I rewrote how we store them.

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008

Ferg posted:

Check your settings. With v0.5 you had to reset everything because I rewrote how we store them.

Its mostly working, but for some reason I cant get it to highlight posts made by the OP. Although, highlighting quotes by me works, same for buddies. Can get highlighting of mods/admins to work too.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lenins Potato posted:

Its mostly working, but for some reason I cant get it to highlight posts made by the OP. Although, highlighting quotes by me works, same for buddies. Can get highlighting of mods/admins to work too.

Could you list the options you have turned on?

I'll update the OP sometime this week with a standardized way of reporting bugs since it would probably be best if I always knew what settings you had turned on and off.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Ferg posted:

I'll update the OP sometime this week with a standardized way of reporting bugs since it would probably be best if I always knew what settings you had turned on and off.

Maybe a debug tab (or button on the general tab) in the settings, which would dump the contents of localStorage as well as a few other things like useragent to an easy to understand plaintext format?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sebbe posted:

Maybe a debug tab (or button on the general tab) in the settings, which would dump the contents of localStorage as well as a few other things like useragent to an easy to understand plaintext format?

Exactly what I was thinking. I just commented on your uservoice post. wmbest2 started working on an "About" dialog for the options panel so once I get that commit from him I'll add the button in there. Seems the logical place.

While I'm at it, I may whip up some tool for a developer to import a list of settings so you can easily replicate somebody's setup.

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008

Ferg posted:

I also have "Highlight the username of the "original poster" in thread posts" selected in my control panel in SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lenins Potato posted:

I also have "Highlight the username of the "original poster" in thread posts" selected in my control panel in SA.

Got it, seeing the same issue here with your configuration. I'll look into it.

Edit: Fixed it. I'll roll up a minor update now.

Ferg fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 17, 2010

• Locked thread