Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Ferg posted:

Fixed the OP.

It wouldn't really matter anyways. The way Chrome updates extensions is very non-intrusive and totally in the background. You would end up with the latest version relatively fast if you downloaded the wrong one.

I notice in the OP the grenade icon appears in one screenshot in the omnibar, and in another as an actual icon, however in my chrome it only appears in the omnibar. Is there anyway to get it to work as an icon so I can access the jumplist without having to already be viewing the forums?

Also, if you right click the grenade icon and click "Something Awful Last Read" the details page doesn't appear to exist yet. Just for completeness would it be worth having a simple details page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Ferg posted:

If you read back in the thread a bit you'll see I asked preference from people. I got 2 votes for omnibar and one for the browser I think. Unfortunately you can't make either of these optional right now, so if there's an overwhelming push to get it on the browser bar, I'll switch it up. The screenshot you're seeing was taken while I was experimenting with this idea.
Ah my bad, no big worry. I only use chrome on my work laptop as firefox runs like a dog on it for some reason (I do like my extensions), so not having a jump menu instantly accessible is probably more productive ;)

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Whatever code is used to identify links to youtube to embed them also tries it's stuff on youtube doubler links, example:
http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...WTf1gUIo&start2

Also, if I want to open a youtube link in a new tab as well as have SALR embed it this doesn't seem possible using left or middle clicking on the link (I presume middle clicking should be what I want, seeing as left click shows the embedded vid)

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

They keyboard navigator seems to be trying to work when I'm trying to type a reply to a post which is really getting annoying as it constantly tries to scroll the page

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Ferg posted:

Are you using quick reply? I'm going to assume not, because I definitely fixed that for quick reply and forgot to check the normal post method.

Ah, yup I'm not using quick reply although I probably should

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

I think I've noticed an issue in that the page navigator box is appearing even if I'm viewing a single page thread (and thus have no other pages for it to navigate to) - I don't think it did this before the redesign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

C-BOX posted:

It also disappeared for me yesterday, although I had assumed it was something to do with my netbook.

It's vanished here too - the latest update has added some fancy CSS property which moves it below the visible part of your browser - I've sent a pull request to Master Odin with a fix.

• Locked thread