Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Javid posted:

Did the "open all unread threads" button in the control panel disappear or did I just screw something up on my end?

I'm having this problem too. Every other feature works. Mac OS 10.6.3, Chrome 5.0.396.0. Tried reinstalling the extension, still doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Okay, let's see... I'm getting a few errors, but they vary every time I refresh the page. The most common is "failure to load resource ads." Sometimes instead of failing to load "ads" it says it failed to load "ajs.php." The console for the extension isn't showing any errors. So no errors mentioning SALR.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Teddybear posted:

Wait, how is everyone on 5.0.398? I just uninstalled and reinstalled, and it's still 5.0.375.38 beta.

EDIT: I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and the extension. I don't know what else to do. :(

There's the beta version and there's also a dev version. You can download it here if you want to.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ferg posted:

Edit 2: Can somebody other than me turn off the quick reply, go to reply/quote a post, then inspect the page and look for a form field called "formkey"? If I had to guess, that might be the one that's a problem. I can fix it quickly if that's the case but I need to verify that each user has a unique key.

I did, and found it. Big long string of poo poo. Looks like you were right.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Small bug with Quick Reply, not sure if it's been mentioned yet or not. If you quote a post by a mod, in the box it puts a couple of spaces in front of his name in "x posted" part.

That is, instead of

quote="Some Guy"

It puts

quote=" Some Guy"

Not a big deal, but thought I'd put it out there. Love the extension.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
What happened to the Browser Button? Seems like something broke it, maybe a Chrome update? I'm on version 7.0.517.8, on Mac OS 10.6.4.

Click here for the full 344x644 image.

Also, the image uploading in the quick reply box doesn't work. If I drag an image onto the sidebar, it just doesn't do anything.

But goddamn do I love the live preview and quick editing.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sneaking Mission posted:

The changes I made to the button weren't merged when SALR was updated to handle the forums breaking the jump list. I sent Ferg a message for this update.

Ah, no worries.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ferg posted:

v1.1.1 (Browser button):
- Fixes that bug I promised I would release like 2 weeks ago

Browser button is still on v1.1 according to the chrome extensions gallery.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ferg posted:

Ha thanks for that. The changes were stored in a draft :psyduck:

I really hate to be the squeaky wheel on this, but the browser button is still v1.1 in the gallery.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
When Ferg saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Woo, latest dev channel update fixes everything.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
This is kind of old, but in the Quick Reply window, the preview doesn't parse bbcode if it's in all caps. Not a big deal, but maybe an easy fix? Only really matters when I'm copy-pasting from imgur.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zeph posted:

I fixed it. I'll send a pull request to Ferg.

That's awesome, thanks! I wish there was some way I could throw some bucks towards SALR, it's such a great thing and I really appreciate all the time people have spent on it. Thanks again!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

rock2much posted:

Is there a setting to block one user's avatar?

Use AdBlock Plus. A few years ago I had a mighty extensive list blocking every MSPaint Adventures avatar I saw. Click the menu button, select "Block element," click the offending image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Feature request: Actually hide posts by ignored users; also, hide quotes of ignored users (replace quoted text with "jerk detected" message if possible).

• Locked thread