Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
Very awesome, Chrome is looking to replace Firefox entirely for me. How do you get to that spiffy settings window? I tried just typing in chrome-extension://kgcmghhihjdhihlkbdajpapnccalekja/settings.html but the Okay button to save settings isn't working, and it also doesn't look like the screenshot you posted with the nice UI, it's a little messy. Am I just accessing it incorrectly?

Also, I noticed a bug with the page navigator when there's a horizontal scrollbar it gets covered up:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

FRESH

Ferg posted:

Yeah, I noticed that scrollbar issue. If you turn on image size restrictions it'll go away. I haven't figured out a solid fix yet.

Another known bug is that a thread with a single page has a goofed up page navigator. This bug has been fixed, I just haven't rolled it out yet.

To access the settings menu click on the SA logo in your omnibar. I'll add this to the OP.
Sweet, thanks. Got it working just fine now. Think it'd be hard to put in an enable/disable thread highlighting though, without turning off thread tracking? I personally don't like having that on, but everything else is great.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

FRESH
Just bringing up my idea for being able to disable thread highlighting again for whenever you have time. You said it'd be possible to do on page 1.
Thanks again for your work on this, the jumplists are great. Would it also be possible to remove things from the jumplist to only have the forums I browse?

Sorry, I know I just suggested a new feature when you're swamped with other stuff please don't hate me.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

FRESH
This doesn't have anything to do with Chrome or SALR, but I just had to ask because I've never met one.
What does your wife think of you being a nevernude?

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

FRESH
I know Ferg's busy but if anyone can help me try to figure out how to disable thread highlighting that'd be awesome. I love SALR but to me I just can't use it at all with thread highlighting enabled. I even tried making the colors the same as the stock forums but it's just not what I want because it still adds a gradient to it.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

FRESH

Ferg posted:

Shading occurs between lines 186 and 205 in salr.js (http://github.com/scottferg/salr-chrome/blob/master/js/salr.js). You should just have to add the option and wrap it there.
Awesome, thanks. I didn't bother adding a toggle, I just commented that block of code out and it works just fine.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

FRESH
I wanted the ability to turn off avatars while I browse at work, so I added that. Actually, I added the ability to turn off just the images in avatars, or the whole thing, so you can have text-only or nothing.

Anyway, I pushed it to Fergs github. I know this thread hasn't been too active, but I just wanted to put it here in case anyone else wants that feature.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

FRESH

Manky posted:

This is kind of old, but in the Quick Reply window, the preview doesn't parse bbcode if it's in all caps. Not a big deal, but maybe an easy fix? Only really matters when I'm copy-pasting from imgur.
I fixed it. I'll send a pull request to Ferg.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

FRESH

Stare-Out posted:

Does using certain smilies - namely :( and :) interestingly enough, break live preview for anyone else? The window won't show anything after entering the first smilie for some reason.
It's not just you. I fixed the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

FRESH
I may have some free time this weekend to help iron some bugs out. Thanks to the others who have been so far!

• Locked thread