Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

I never noticed live preview :downsgun:

Maybe move the whole quick reply over to the left?

Yeah some anchoring magic might work but the way the slide out panels works can get a bit goofed up as a result. It'll take some playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Martytoof posted:

Did I break something or is this the intended rendering?

Not sure when this came in, I haven't rolled out an update in ages and I know I merged a few pull requests. It's an easy tweak, I should be able to get to it this weekend.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
New icon is sweet! I'll swap them out.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sneaking Mission posted:

I sent Ferg a fix for the gray bar several days ago and will be gone next time he updates.

For shame. (also already fixed)

Yeah I've got this but have been bogged down like whoa with work stuff. Which is sad because all it takes is a quick bump of the version number and zipping it up, but yeah, I'll get this out soon.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just rolled out v1.4.2 with all of Sneaking Missions bug fixes.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tasslex posted:

I was just looking at this thread for the answer to the same question - I have mouse gestures turned on but as a result apparently I can't right-click the forums at all.

True fact, i worked tirelessly to make this the default behavior when originally writing the feature and after hearing numerous complaints havent been able to reverse the behavior. I will look into it when I have a chance.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Anyone know what the default thread highlight colours are for the Firefox version of SALR? For some reason Firefox and Chrome SALR have different highlight colour values and I've always preferred FF's more matte look to Chrome's neon

When I first built the extension I tried replicating the same colors and for whatever reason Chrome refused to display them. If you find them I'd be interested to know if they work for you. Try using Firebug to inspect the DOM with the Firefox extension running, that should show you the color hex.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It may have been Chrome way back when that was the problem. I originally wrote the extension before extensions were available even in the beta channel, so poo poo was breaking left and right. Either way, thanks for posting the values! I'm going to use them too.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AdolChristin posted:

Love this extension; one quick question.

I have the highlight mod posts checked but I left highlight mod names unchecked:

This works great in the threads but at the forum level it seems to highlight mod names anyhow:

Is this expected behavior? Unchecking highlight mod posts causes the names at the forum level to stop being highlighted.

Ha, I have no idea to be honest. I only ever use the highlight names feature, so for me that hasn't been tested in god knows how long.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Ferg, is it possible to integrate an option to disable SALR in certain forums? Thread highlighting makes the YOSPOS completely unreadable, so I'm forced to either disable SALR or adblock 219.css.

Martytoof posted:

While we're at it, is there any way that you can find a way to make 219.css a user selectable option in the SALR preferences? I don't mind loading it, but being able to disable it after the page loads would be fine.

And yes, I realize that AdBlock should work, but for some reason it stopped :[

Seems like a pretty simple solution. I'll take a crack at it.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

anthonypants posted:

Hasn't that parameter been in the default [video] tags for a while now? Check the bbcode page.

He's talking about embedded Youtube if you explicitly link to Youtube in a post.

I'm looking through the embedded API docs but all I can find is that adding ?hd=1 to the end of the embed URL is all you need. It's definitely not working though. Does anybody know how to get it to force HD res? I'll roll out Zeph's changes with this if I can find a solution.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

anthonypants posted:

This plays in 720p for me:

[ video type="youtube" res="hd"]oz4AWjnlPvY[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz4AWjnlPvY&hd=1

It plays in 720p just fine but it doesn't default to 720p, and that's the feature request.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Too Poetic posted:

Is there some setting I'm missing to get "Highlight thread counts in yellow if you've posted there before" to work? I have it checked but it doesnt do anything. I read the OP, but what setting am I supposed to change in my CP?

It's been semi broken for a while. It worked great while I was testing it and then when I pushed it live I noticed it was terribly unreliable. Turns out that the API I was using was nixed from the HTML5 spec so I'm assuming that's the culprit. I'll need to rewrite it to fix it at some point.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Frozen-Solid posted:

Is there anything that can be done to fix bold and italics from being misaligned?

Where are you seeing that?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LastInLine posted:

Is there a way to backup one's settings except for just screenshotting the settings screen?

I just checked the Options page documentation for the first time in a year or so and they still haven't evolved that at all. A backup feature is technically feasible, and I will be doing a sync service for Awful for Android in the near future, so maybe I can integrate this feature request with that service.

LastInLine posted:

On the settings screen, Automatically collapse large quotes is on there twice, under Thread Options and at the bottom in Other Options.

Thanks for spotting this! Both were actually used but only one was needed. I've removed the bottom one.

LastInLine posted:

Is there a way this extension could be used to fix 219.css in YOSPOS so the Post, Reply, Quote, and Ratings buttons are fixed?

Yeah, it's just a matter of dev time which I've hardly had much of lately. This was asked a few pages back and has been floating around in the back of my head for a while now.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LastInLine posted:

Thanks all around! I only asked about the backup because I thought I read in one of the Android threads that the settings automatically restored but I have to reinstall Chrome Portable on my USB drive every time a new version comes out and it'd never done it for me. Good to know I'm not crazy.

Settings auto backup on the Android app which might be what you read. Right now for SALR settings are purely client side. Definitely will be something I look into for the sync feature I'm adding to the Android app though.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zom Aur posted:

Both are colored for me. Odd.

Same here

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

unpronounceable posted:

I don't use admin post highlighting, but I have the same issue with name highlighting.

What if you disable the fancy SA extension?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

I wish more people worked on this, I really would like to be able to embed youtube videos as HD but Ferg is too busy with Awful I guess.

I would also like to be able to ignore tags like the Firefox version does.

Sorry I think I'm beating a dead horse asking this again, but I have looked into it and couldn't find a reliable solution (everything I tried didn't work). If anybody knows the proper embed code for this just paste it here, I'll update the extension.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Polsy posted:

Regardless of what I said about the current embed code youtube gives you not working last time this came up, the embed code the forums produces for this post did work for me.

Though, if it still doesn't for you it seems like that isn't 100% reliable.

It doesn't for me. I'll poke a bit and see what I can find, I was hacking on stuff tonight anyways.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

calandryll posted:

I think this was talked about before, for me, the colors on several different computers and screens are way too light. It makes it difficult to tell between read and unread, I put in the colors the Firefox version uses but still the same problem. Is this a Chrome problem with color rendering? About the only thing that stops me from using the Chrome full time.

When I originally wrote the extension that was the only feature and I tried to use the exact colors from the Firefox extension but they straight up didn't render at all, so I picked the current defaults and left it at that. Recently somebody posted the hex values for the Firefox extension and I tried them again and while they're rendering now I still couldn't read them that well. I guess its a Chrome thing? On the rare occasion that I use Firefox the defaults still look great there.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

brc64 posted:

So, uhh, is this still being worked on? I've decided to give Chrome another go as my primary browser, but I need my SALR. I've got the extension installed, but some things don't seem to be working right.

I maintain on occasion as major breaks crop up, for the most part I consider it feature complete though. What's not working?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

brc64 posted:

Well, at first I was missing the little Grenade jump list thing, but then I finally found the setting for it. And then Quick Reply wasn't working, but I'm typing in that box right now. The only other issue I've noticed is that when I enable moderator/admin highlighting, it highlights their username in the thread list, even if I have name highlighting turned off.

Is there any way to customize the jump list and have it only show a specific selection of forums?

First time you reply to a thread the quick reply won't work, its a prep thing while it gathers necessary bits required to work. I'll look into the highlighting.

Its been a long time since I looked at the jump list...I think I remember there being a pinning feature, or it was at least discussed. I don't use the feature personally so its tough to say.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

brc64 posted:

The list pinning is a pretty major thing for me. There's only about 5 forums I regularly look at, and having quick access to each is pretty handy. Of course, since the grenade icon only shows up when I'm already on the forums, I'm still out of luck if I'm on some other site. Maybe I should just bookmark each forum and get at them through that instead...

I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't grab a link but head back to the Chrome Web Store and search for Something Awful. I have a separate browser bar extension that makes the jump list global. It works with your SALR settings so just keep both installed.

As for the pinning, I'll take a look in a bit. I know it cropped up at some point.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Capacitor posted:

I made this link for all SALR devs that want to keep track of when changes to the site's code are made. I've also been toying around with Quote highlighting, similar to message highlighting.

Nice, thanks!

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zeph posted:

It's not just you. I fixed the issue.

I'll roll this out in a few, should update automatically for everybody

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

Any word on this?

I've been dabbling here and there but I've yet to find a reliable solution. It really shouldn't be this difficult.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

So what's the issue with quick reply? I've just switched over from Firefox to me and having to use standard reply is a big of a bother. :(

e. Ah, it comes disabled by default. :downs:

Disabled by default and it also has to fetch a key the first time you use it, so it doesn't work right away. But yeah, pretty much quick reply is the reason I wrote the extension in the first place ;)

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ruttivendolo posted:

Using the quick reply in marked threads results in deleting the bookmark.
I've selected "Bookmark threads when using quick reply" and so they don't disappear anymore from my bookmarked thread list but I basically use quick reply every time so I get marked threads that I don't want to follow.

Is there a fix for this issue?

(Awesome extension, btw)

Eh sort of. Check off "Automatically bookmark threads" in the Quick Reply options. Unfortunately that will also auto-subscribe to new threads that you might not want to bookmark.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Panic! At The cisco posted:

They changed the way the Page Actions that made the jump list work for Chrome 19 and it broke. I sent Ferg a thing that will fix it. Please do not email tech support about this issue.

In the meantime you can use the Something Awful Last Read Browser Button extension to replace the loss of functionality.

I gotta get some updated screenshots/artwork so I can roll this out. Thanks for the fix!

Experto Crede posted:

I know this is sort of off-topic, but I'll give it a shot:

Is there a compiled version of the Safari version of SALR which is compatible with Safari 5? I know there's a version on Ferg's git, but it hasn't been updated in two years.

Anyone know?

That extension got next to no traction. There was a thread for it but it got maybe 3 replies. If you want to get it up and running you should be able to merge it with the Chrome repo to merge all the upstream changes, or at least that will get you on the right track. I organized everything so both could be easily kept in sync.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think the forums recently updated with some new CSS so some breakage might be in the works. Added fuel to my fire to get those updated art assets for the Web Store and get this updated. Will look into it.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zen Punk posted:

Just wanted to report that I'm experiencing this as well, and it happens every time for a thread with an embedded video unless I disable SALR. Makes me wish there was a "temporarily disable SALR" menu item or somesuch so I didn't have to go gently caress with chrome settings for this every time.

Thanks to potential rioting in downtown Chicago I'm working from home today, have an insanely loose schedule, and will get this out first thing this morning.

Edit: Updates pushed, some of the above mentioned issues I wasn't able to reproduce so for you guys experiencing problems let me know your settings for images and for Youtube videos.

Ferg fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 18, 2012

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Speaking of the quick reply box, I'm pretty sure most of the new SA features don't work in it. Is there a chance that they will in the future or is that too much work?

Is there a change log of features? Anything is doable. Sounds like drafts are part of the new features.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Duckbill posted:

I might have found something. If I turn off 'Automatically collapse long quotes', it stops doing it. I think the problem is that it's trying to place an inline video player in a quote that's just been collapsed.

Makes sense. I'll have to revisit everything quote related soon anyways after the most recent forums changes.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Stare-Out posted:

Small niggle; since the forums revamp (not sure if it's just a coincidence though) the Esc key no longer dismisses the quick reply window like it did before.

It is for me, but I thought I remembered seeing something in the forums changelog about that, though it isn't now. Anybody know if it's a forums option that might be turned on?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

wormil posted:

I came to mention I'm having the same problem in Win7 after raising the minimum font size in Chrome (I got tired of websites with tiny fonts). Also the down arrow and X button take about half minute or so to show up so if I change my mind after clicking quote/reply, I have to wait about 30 seconds or so to close the quick reply box.

I'll have to test this on Ubuntu, typically I run OSX. It's an excuse to fix the weirdness in the imgur uploader as well on that platform. Got a few pull requests that I'll roll out soon as well.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ferg posted:

I'll have to test this on Ubuntu, typically I run OSX. It's an excuse to fix the weirdness in the imgur uploader as well on that platform. Got a few pull requests that I'll roll out soon as well.

I can't reproduce this on 12.04. What version of Chrome are you guys using?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Kins posted:

Hey, sorry to be a pain, but an option to disable the "Edit Bookmarks" button on the Bookmarked Threads page would be great: It doesn't play nicely with Fancy SA Forums on that page, though it looks fine on the main User CP Page.

Master_Odin posted:

So with the new top buttons, this happens with the page navigator for SALR:

Perhaps hide the button in the lower right corner? (I modified \js\salr.js to have:
code:
jQuery('div.jump_top.right').css("right","-100px");
in:
code:
SALR.prototype.updateStyling = function() {
Trying display: none won't really work so I guess "hiding" it is better?

Another possibility would be to move the navigator over I guess, but if the Firefox thread is any indication, I think people would prefer the location of the navigator and get rid of UP button.

Just getting back from an insane amount of weddings. I'll look into these as soon as I get caught up on work stuff, or if anybody throws me a pull request I can roll out a quick release.

brylcreem posted:

Client side, you say? I've been searching for those, specifically the user notes. They were lost in a recent re-installation :cry: I have a backup of the AppData/Local/Google/-directory, but I'm wary to restore it because of what it might break.

Vista Home Premium, if that helps.

e: I found it, and it worked!

For future reference, it's in:

code:
C:\Users\brylcreem\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage
and the files are called:
code:
chrome-extension_nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed_0.localstorage
chrome-extension_nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed_0.localstorage-journal
I just overwrote the existing files in the directory (with Chrome closed) and the settings and user notes are back! :hellyeah:

Cool!

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
poo poo, I'll get a fix posted ASAP. Been taking a break from the forums recently and didn't notice this. It shouldn't be a huge deal to get addressed. Sorry for the bug folks.

Edit: Based on Geekner's reply its the missing cookie, the key has always been there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

No updates for a while :(

Sorry about that, got a bit burnt out on Forum's related dev and decided to work on other stuff for the summer. I'm not seeing this cookie issue though, been posting a bit today with the extension with no problem. Is it working for everybody else?

• Locked thread