Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I just noticed that if you resize the browser horizontally, you end up getting a ton of those quick-navigation things on the bottom-left of the page; I'm guessing one for each time the window gets redrawn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

SwissCM posted:

FYAD posters often leak out of their homeland and start trolling threads. It would be a good way to identify them quickly.
So you don't mind if a thread gets trolled by someone with a positive post count? I don't think it's going to be possible to do this unless it polls each poster's profile page. Even if the results are cached, I don't think the SA admins are going to approve it.

However, just because someone has a negative postcount doesn't mean they'll troll threads. That's what the Report button is for. Then, when they get probated or banned, they'll have a new entry in the banlist, which you can pull up by the Rap Sheet link at the bottom of everyone's post -- even without SALR. The banlist is a way more reliable indicator of someone's intent than positive/negative postcount.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

kri kri posted:

This is awesome, thanks for this. Now if we can get youtube HD embedding I will be happy!
Hasn't that parameter been in the default [video] tags for a while now? Check the bbcode page.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Ferg posted:

He's talking about embedded Youtube if you explicitly link to Youtube in a post.

I'm looking through the embedded API docs but all I can find is that adding ?hd=1 to the end of the embed URL is all you need. It's definitely not working though. Does anybody know how to get it to force HD res? I'll roll out Zeph's changes with this if I can find a solution.
This plays in 720p for me:

[ video type="youtube" res="hd"]oz4AWjnlPvY[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz4AWjnlPvY&hd=1

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
When I put res="hd" inside of the [video] tag, and I click on the youtube video to play it, it plays in 720p, just like the one I linked above. Maybe it's because I'm not using SALR?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Frozen-Solid posted:

Is there anything that can be done to fix bold and italics from being misaligned?
Yes.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
There were some recent changes to the forums, and now embedded videos are inside of an iframe.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Weird. Mine has changed in that I can no longer click anywhere on the image to expand it, only on the blue overlay that displays the size. It appears that your blue overlay is showing a size of zero though so I imagine clicking on it does nothing?

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Yes that is the intended behavior.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Stellar Curiosity posted:

Are there graphics changes going on? The blue mod star is no longer a star.

And the yellow post-it for stickies is now grey:
Yeah, but it's the forums, not SALR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Steakandchips posted:

Ferg, can you add an option to un-2013 the forums via SALR?

The new 2013 format of the forums is painful.
Ferg, can you do this, but replace it with the original stylesheet.

• Locked thread