Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I just installed Chrome and the extension today, and I can't get the grenade icon on the omnibar to appear nor the page navigators at the bottom. Using Windows XP SP3 if that counts for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Teddybear posted:

You've tinkered with the extensions options? (Wrench on the right of the screen --> Extensions --> Options (in line with SALR extension))

Incidentally, this is what I see with post highlighting enabled:

It worked perfectly before the update, now it doesn't. Settings are the same, and my name (Teddybear) is in the options menu.

For some reason I had not noticed the big "USE PAGE NAVIGATORS" option, but I can't find anything relating to the grenade icon on the omnibar. :shobon:

Highlighting seems to be working A-ok for me, btw.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ferg posted:

The omnibar icon isn't configurable. What version of Chrome?

/edit: Huh... looks like the latest version is 5.something. It gave me a little "up to date" sign when checking just now... I'm downloading the latest version (stable), and I'll chime back in in a jiffy.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 6, 2010

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Edmond Dantes posted:

/edit: Huh... looks like the latest version is 5.something. It gave me a little "up to date" sign when checking just now... I'm downloading the latest version (stable), and I'll chime back in in a jiffy.

Well, just updated to the latest beta version (5.0.342.8) and I still don't have the grenade thingie on the omnibar. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ferg posted:

Edit: Does anybody know if the XP version of Chrome is a different version of the app? Do you have any extensions that work in the omnibar?

I got the gmail advanced notifier, xmarks and AdBlock, all 3 show up.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Neurophonic posted:

FlashBlock sticks an icon in the URL bar, if you want to test if it's the app itself or extension at fault.

I just installed it in my home PC (Windows 7) and works like a charm. I'm pretty sure the icon wasn't on the omnibar on my work PC (windows xp), but I'll check tomorrow, and I'll try that extension as well to see if it shows up.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ferg posted:

Please do, I'm wondering if there's an XP-specific version of Chrome that has a bug in that feature.

Well, I started up the computer today, logged in and, surely enough, there it is. I don't know whether I'm a moron and missed it the first time (wasn't looking at the omnibar but at the buttons to the side, near the wrench) or if the reboot had something to do with it. It's probably the former, but I'm going to say it wasn't there yesterday so I don't feel so bad. v:shobon:v

Quick question (probably not related to the extension): With firefox, when I use the "go to first unread post", it loads the page in the correct "position", then loads all images, which would usually move the page a bit, and then finally snaps back to the first unread post. Chrome isn't doing this, it shows the post but with the image loading I usually en up staring at a whole different post. Any ideas?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ferg posted:

Minor annoyance of mine as well. Right now the extension just links directly to the post, but after images load and all that it will be out of position. I'm not sure if it's Firefox that fixes that or the extension itself, but it's something I've been meaning to look into.

I think the extension did it, or at least it would seem so from this option:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ferg posted:

brylcreem posted:

Hey,

I'm on probation so I can't post, but maybe Edmond Dantes with the page adjustment problem in the SALR-thread could try toggling the "Adjust the page position to the top of the requested post after the page loads"-option in the forum's User Control Panel?

Awesome extension!

Tried that, didn't work. :(

• Locked thread