Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I just wanted to say it's really cool seeing projects like this come together out of nothing. That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

kri kri posted:

Yeah its for if you are already in a thread. If you know the thread has gotten replies, you can click the down arrow, and it will refresh the thread and go to the first unread post.
I swear I have never even noticed that button in SALR Firefox until just now.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I don't understand half of what's going on in here now but it's drat interesting to read.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

So, uhh, is this still being worked on? I've decided to give Chrome another go as my primary browser, but I need my SALR. I've got the extension installed, but some things don't seem to be working right.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Ferg posted:

I maintain on occasion as major breaks crop up, for the most part I consider it feature complete though. What's not working?

Well, at first I was missing the little Grenade jump list thing, but then I finally found the setting for it. And then Quick Reply wasn't working, but I'm typing in that box right now. The only other issue I've noticed is that when I enable moderator/admin highlighting, it highlights their username in the thread list, even if I have name highlighting turned off.

Is there any way to customize the jump list and have it only show a specific selection of forums?

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Ferg posted:

First time you reply to a thread the quick reply won't work, its a prep thing while it gathers necessary bits required to work. I'll look into the highlighting.

Its been a long time since I looked at the jump list...I think I remember there being a pinning feature, or it was at least discussed. I don't use the feature personally so its tough to say.

The list pinning is a pretty major thing for me. There's only about 5 forums I regularly look at, and having quick access to each is pretty handy. Of course, since the grenade icon only shows up when I'm already on the forums, I'm still out of luck if I'm on some other site. Maybe I should just bookmark each forum and get at them through that instead...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Ferg posted:

I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't grab a link but head back to the Chrome Web Store and search for Something Awful. I have a separate browser bar extension that makes the jump list global. It works with your SALR settings so just keep both installed.

As for the pinning, I'll take a look in a bit. I know it cropped up at some point.

Oh, awesome! That takes care of getting to SA from outside the forums. Now if I could just customize that list, I'd be in great shape.

• Locked thread