Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I'm using Chrome dev version and I have this problem too. Had to disable SALR for now. Still hoping for an option to disable that box completely in a future version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer
Weird bug: if there's a post from someone on your ignore list on the current page, then none of the posts on that page display the 'Edit Note' link. The ignored post doesn't have any of the links, which I guess is intentional, but 'Edit Note' disappears for the whole page. SALR 0.9.0 in Chrome 5.0.375.125 beta on Windows XP.

e: and clicking on an ignored post to view it, that post does have 'Edit Note' but lacks 'Rap Sheet'.

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer
Discovered today that SALR is incompatible with AutoPager. It'll load a page or two then stop working. Disabling SALR makes it work again. This is probably AutoPager's fault and they're still in alpha, but thought you might like to know.

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer

Horn posted:

This might be a setting you have in AutoPager causing this. I can load all of the pages automatically with AutoPager and SALR installed. what happens when you right click on the AP icon and hit immediately load 5 or 10 pages?

I don't seem to have that option in AP... but I found out it works if I turn off 'Replace first and last page links with links to the first three and last three pages of thread' in SALR, so I'll do that.

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer
In the last few days I'm getting weird behaviour with YouTube videos. When a page loads with an embedded video, sometimes it appears at the top of the page as well as where it's supposed to be. It follows you down when you scroll which makes the thread impossible to read. It only happens with SALR turned on. I tried turning off 'Convert Youtube links to inline player', but that doesn't work if the poster actually did embed the video. Chrome 18.0.1025.168 m, Windows 7.

Example from this page in the bird thread:

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer

Ferg posted:

Edit: Updates pushed, some of the above mentioned issues I wasn't able to reproduce so for you guys experiencing problems let me know your settings for images and for Youtube videos.

Convert YouTube links to inline player: on
Convert links to inline images: on
Don't convert if NWS: on
Don't convert if spoiler: on
Don't convert if read: off
Replace images with links: off
Convert images in read posts only: off
Restrict size of images: on
Force timg fix: off
Force thumbnailing: off

I might have found something. If I turn off 'Automatically collapse long quotes', it stops doing it. I think the problem is that it's trying to place an inline video player in a quote that's just been collapsed.

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer
I've been experimenting with the image display options. Is there any way to get 'convert images to links' and 'show image when hovering over link' to play nice together?

If I turn them both on, the images do become links, but hovering over them does nothing.

Settings: http://pastebin.com/HHDbPscN

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer
This has only begun happening in the last couple of days, but I'm sure 'Replace Images with links' didn't affect smilies before. Now it does. It's making threads a little cryptic to read.

Chrome 47.0.2526.111 m, Windows 8.

I use Adblock and Stylebot as well (which is why this screenshot looks odd) but it's doing it even with those turned off. I tried disabling 'Replace Images with links', and the smilies came back but I need that setting for slacking off at work.

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer

Master_Odin posted:

Well, technically, if you go to [url]https://[/url] SALR will be disabled as it won't recognize the domain :v:. Yeah, there's a lot of "http://" stuff hardcoded into the code though (including smilies on line 774 - 781 of salr.js) that I need to remake into schema independent stuff.

Aww, I tried editing the .js myself but Chrome recognised the extension as 'corrupted' and wouldn't run it. Oh well, it was worth a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer

Master_Odin posted:

Well, I've just put out v2.1.8.6 that should fix a variety of https issues (though probably not all) such as the smilies being replaced unnecessarily.

You fixed it! Thank you :D

and thanks nuvan, that's interesting, I'll definitely keep that in mind for other github projects.

• Locked thread