Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

AdolChristin posted:

Maybe add to the OP that before bothering Ferg with any stupid questions, you should make sure that the thread options in your preferences are set properly (I speak from experience).

Great job Ferg, you singlehandedly allowed me to be able to switch to Chrome from Firefox with this addon!

There is a disclaimer built into the extension itself on the color settings page; but, all in all this isn't a bad idea as it will save a lot of people the hassle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Atarian posted:

Yup. It popped up a dialog asking where I wanted to save a copy. Version number 4.0.213.1

Update: I extracted the .crx with winrar and installed it from "load unpacked extension" in chrome://extensions.

Ararian,

There for a while I was getting that same issue, you download it and it would immediately pop up a save dialog. I found that clicking save again would pop up the install dialog. Not sure if this is the same issue you are having but I just thought that might help.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Linx posted:

Threads that I've marked with a red star on the forums are highlighted as green using SALR. Just minor, but it bugs me.

This is because as of right now we are only distinguishing against read and unread. In otherwords just the two color options are available. This is definitely something that is possible. Ferg had put a halt on new features for a bit but we can make a note of it and plan for a future release. Ferg let me know if your opinion differs on the subject.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Joe Don Baker posted:

Not sure what happened, as it was working fine last night. However, this morning, the extension causes Chrome to crash whenever I attempt visit a forum.

Thanks, Yeah we have been made aware of this problem and are working on fixing it. Sorry for the inconvenience but the chrome extensions API is constantly changing. We will let you all know when this is fixed.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

kevdude posted:

My Chrome just updated to 4.0.223.16, so I tried to get this extension going. After downloading and attempting to run, a little dialog pops up that says extensions are not enable. I googled how to do this, but the results I found all refer to registry edits. Is there not a simple builtin way to enable extensions?

In earlier builds you needed to add --enable-extensions to the shortcut path. Im not sure what build this ended with as I know they phased it out of the dev channel. You could try that.

E: I just checked mine and Im on the same build... not entirely sure why yours isn't working but you could still try the enable extensions switch. Or try reinstalling chrome.

wmbest2 fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 3, 2009

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Mr. Fish posted:

I like the way it is now, doesn't bother me outside of SA and on SA it's only present as a link up top.

I agree with Mr. Fish. It is extremely nice having it only on SA pages and my browser actions buttons are getting pretty crowded as it is. Although that does look pretty sweet Ferg.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009
You should still get the Configure SALR in the top links. As of right now this is the only way to configure it. We are currently working on getting the option link setup in the context menu of the icon.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009
For those wanting the options page the patch is finished. just have to merge it in with the main code. Like Ferg said sit tight it will be usable soon.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Javid posted:

What can it hurt? There are extensions for goon project sites on there already. Worst cast it's a worthless chunk of code for a non-goon.

Meh I cant help but agree. Before this was pretty much a hack (well actually it pretty much still is) but its becoming a pretty substantial plugin. I say why not add it to google's listing. It might even attract a few more goons who dont know about it yet.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Ferg posted:

Not in the pipeline right now unless somebody submits a patch. I think wmbest2 was experimenting with hotkeys in Javascript today (hint hint).

I got them to work the other day just not with the project I needed them for Id be happy to play with them for this extension... Ill do that next

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Any way to enable thread highlighting without having to enable thread tracking in the forum options? It's a little spergy but I don't like seeing the threads in blue as it's loading, then suddenly switching to green. Same reason I don't use the SALR 'jump to last post' and 'mark as unread' buttons..

Unfortunately no, and with the way chrome extensions work I dont know how much we can get around that jump. The extension isn't applied to the page until the page is completely loaded thus creating that jumpy behavior. If I remember correctly Ferg wanted to do a cleanup/rewrite at some point on the settings code so maybe we can see about optimizing some of the code for better loading times.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009
Ferg: it may be time to setup the google extensions page rather than using github for hosting the update files.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Ferg posted:

Just pushed out v0.9.1. Lots of fixes all thanks to Sneaking Mission and wmbest2. I didn't do any work except pull everything together :downs:

Changes are:
- Clicking the SALR logo in the config dumps your config in a new window, for debug purposes
- Fixed the bug where the post screen still tried to use hotkeys if you weren't using quick reply
- Add thread search bar to threads
- Fixed jump to first unread post on page navigator
- Fixed a case where friend posts highlighting may highlight the wrong posts
- Fixed bug when quick quoting same post after dismissing the window
- Image fixes
- Update styling should now work with forums coloring disabled
- Styling tweaks on quick reply
- And a few other minor tweaks

For those interested Sneaking Mission deserves 300 times any credit I receive. He kicked rear end on changes. Well done Sneaking Mission

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Yakattak posted:

Just thought of this, is it possible to make the quick reply text box take focus when the box is up?

I just shot Ferg a patch for this issue. It should handle opening and closing as well as minimizing and restoring the Quick Reply window.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009
Im sure we'd do it SALR-Chrome style rather than this grease monkey script but does this look useful to people?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=2571027&pagenumber=68#post375488440

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009
My god im retarded... thanks Sneaking

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Sneaking Mission posted:

I was looking through uservoice and noticed a few items which have been taken care of starting at the 1.0 release.

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48...ation?ref=title
Clicking on the SA logo on the options page produces a config dump

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48...irst-?ref=title
Fixed in the 1.0 release

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48...olors?ref=title
Should work in the 1.0 release if you have the forums-side options for this enabled.

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48...-load?ref=title
Committed this fix since using the forum option for this seemed more miss than hit for me.

Also committed a few rap sheet related requests from the firefox SALR thread and toned down the cancer highlighting option.

Plus a couple branches for Ferg to criticize once he gets unbusy.
getquote with new lazier quick reply
settings with experimental settings page changes (maybe too experimental :ohdear:) and a few settings-related changes including Martytoof's thread highlighting request. I can merge these into the main branch separately if you're not able to withstand the power of the new settings page.

(I didn't mean for this to come across as a to do list, just getting some notes down.)

My god Sneaking, just read through your getquote branch magic and all I have to say is well done. I can honestly say I think we are all extremely glad to have you on board.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

nuvan posted:

unread thread highlighting isn't working for me.
Chrome 6.0.472.41 beta
SALR 1.0.3

threads with unread posts are moved to the top of my userCP list, and are shaded green in forum view, so it just seems to be affecting the UserCP

IIRC this was by choice so that the star coloring would be usable.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Sneaking Mission posted:

It looks like it is in the same order as it is on the Smilies page. Alphabetical in each category.

Maybe if I get a chance today Ill add dividers with group names if this is what people would like to see.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009
Just a thought. I know there are plenty of other extensions out there for this but what about auto-refresh on the UC panel. Is it something that people would use?

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Captain Capacitor posted:

I think having that sort of thing in the omnibar button would be really handy.

Im not sure I follow? isn't that the same as a refresh button? (this exists on the left hand side of your omnibar)

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Ferg posted:

A little dropdown thing to control it in the omnibar maybe. So you could click it to toggle it on/off at runtime, and then enable actually showing it in the settings.

Ahhh ok sorry for some reason I assumed CC was looking for a button to refresh the UC :downs:. yeah that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Might want to put that in writing somewhere within the extension options in case there are people who don't keep up with this thread.

This. Can we get all the shortcuts for salr somewhere in the OP or options?

• Locked thread