Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Is there a reason that the "open updated threads" link only displays on bookmarks rather than forum pages? I mean, both of them sort new threads to the top...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Master_Odin posted:

Because it was only implemented on the bookmarks page and you're the first person to ask for it on the forum page as well? I could probably look into adding it however if you do think you'd use this.

I would. Most of the time I browse through bookmarks and then open everything updated, but some of the time I prefer to go into a subforum (it's always The Football Funhouse) and just look at those updates (and new threads I haven't read yet, but I'm fine with that being manual).

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

VodeAndreas posted:

Does SALR for Chrome have a feature to open all my bookmarked threads in tabs?

Yes. The feature also works just in the forums for threads with new posts.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Penis Vanguard posted:

The bottom of every single post looks like this for me. I'm guessing it has something to do with the font of everything being slightly larger/different (although I may be imagining the font being larger/different, not sure on that one yet).

I'm not seeing this - what are your OS / resolution settings?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Penis Vanguard posted:

Windows 10 latest update, happens on both of my monitors at 1600 x 900 and 1920 x 1080. If I re-install the extension it looks fine, but as soon as I change anything in the SALR options it starts looking like that and turning everything to default settings doesn't restore it.

Interesting. Here's what I see at 1920x1080 (also Windows 10):

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I can replicate this only if I reduce my browser window to under 700px wide.

446 pixels wide and still nothing. I wonder what the missing setting is.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Polsy posted:

It works anyway, that cloudflare option got switched off months ago

The form is still commented out, so I don't think the website is even trying to do anything anymore.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Magnus Praeda posted:

Is anyone else seeing a ghost reply showing up in this thread? For some reason, it's showing one unread reply despite repeatedly hitting the "jump to last read post" button.

Yes. The forum database is hosed up and various threads have ghost unread posts. The only way to "fix" it is to abandon this thread in favor of a new one.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

ulmont posted:

446 pixels wide and still nothing. I wonder what the missing setting is.

The "missing setting" was "not being an idiot." I had everything still cached, apparently.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Serfer posted:

Love the eternal one unread post in this thread on this definitely not dead forum.

qsvui posted:

yeah what's up with that. is this an easter egg?

It's all over the forum. Has to do with threads Zen Death Robot had posted in before his posts were deleted recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

Someone in yospos just said they xenforo 2 officially released today so if lowtax is true to his word we may be switching forums platforms soon. I think a wait and see approach is probably best at this point because the chrome extension is gonna be totally broken by that move also.

First part is mostly true (xenforo 2 officially released November 28 - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-2-0-0-add-ons-released.137930/#post-1195559 ), second part is lowtax :lol:

• Locked thread