Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I've been adding usernotes for people; the notes show if I refresh the same page where I added the notes, but if I close the tab and return to the same thread, the notes are gone. Is there something I need to do to get usernotes to stick? What troubleshooting information can I get you to pin this down further?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I've been adding usernotes for people; the notes show if I refresh the same page where I added the notes, but if I close the tab and return to the same thread, the notes are gone. Is there something I need to do to get usernotes to stick? What troubleshooting information can I get you to pin this down further?

Anything? It's still happening; I added a note to myself and it was there for two refreshes and now it's not.

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 6, 2014

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Master_Odin posted:

Because it was only implemented on the bookmarks page and you're the first person to ask for it on the forum page as well? I could probably look into adding it however if you do think you'd use this.

I would also use this!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Did anything happen with the request to have the "open all unread threads" option on forumdisplay.php as well as usercp.php?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Master_Odin posted:

Real life has been busy for me and I keep forgetting to push this out/I keep wanting to add another "small thing" to the code. I'll try pushing it live though as I've been using this version locally for a decent amount of time and looks like the new stuff I added works fine so it should be good.

Thanks! Sorry if it seemed like I was bugging you, I was thinking maybe I missed an update :)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

i think that keyboard shortcuts like 'j'/'k' for scrolling up/down a post would be a good addition to this extension.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

d'oh

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

next q: how do i get SALR to work with the forums when accessed over https?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712267&userid=22120#post455145242

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I have a lot of userNotes in JSON format from a greasemonkey script that I'd like to import into the local usernotes in SALR. How could I go about doing that?

• Locked thread