Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I´ve got this problem after upgrading to 0.4.7. They appear when scrolling down and dissappear when scrolling up:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Ferg posted:

That would have been my guess for the problem. I know they've been playing around with their support for CSS3 dropshadows, so who knows what kind of weirdness could show up as a result on a dev version.

Correct, I got the problem in Chromium dev version, works fine in Chrome.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Duckbill posted:

In the last few days I'm getting weird behaviour with YouTube videos. When a page loads with an embedded video, sometimes it appears at the top of the page as well as where it's supposed to be. It follows you down when you scroll which makes the thread impossible to read. It only happens with SALR turned on. I tried turning off 'Convert Youtube links to inline player', but that doesn't work if the poster actually did embed the video. Chrome 18.0.1025.168 m, Windows 7.

Example from this page in the bird thread:

I have this problem too, and another one, some threads have a really big "white" area where the page should end. Like you can scroll past the bottom of the thread for page after page of just whitespace.

Edit: I just caught a great screenshot that shows the whitespace and the broken timg:

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 14:07 on May 3, 2012

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Sri.Theo posted:

Does anyone know how to disable it? I have a home key on my laptop. Or at least play nice with the navigation bar at the bottom- it overlays the actually useful go to last read post arrow.

And if anyone can link me to the salr firefox thread I'd appreciate it as well ta.
Seems adblock for chrome has a nice feature, if you click the icon on the adressbar there is a button called "create easyfilter" or something. Press it, then right click on the arrow and you can block elements automatically.
Here is the code that is needed to block the arrows:

forums.somethingawful.com##.jump_top
forums.somethingawful.com##.right
forums.somethingawful.com##.left

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 30, 2012

• Locked thread