Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Atarian posted:

I was hoping it was that simple. I just ended up with a bunch of copies, like SALR-extension (1).crx, etc.

Do you have choose where to save file checked under options? That may be the problem. We may also want to include this in the first poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

gwar3k1 posted:

Is there any way you could implement a forums menu in Chrome? That and the highlighting are my SALR must-have features and are the reason I still use Firefox for everything. I like Chrome but I can't swap browsers if I'm losing functionality :(

It could be like the twitter and SANzbd extensions are, click it and a menu drops down. That is probably the biggest thing keeping me from using chrome daily.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Casao posted:

Could you make a second addon with just this list so people who want it can install and people who don't won't? Then there's no loss of features and you get the choice.

That would be nice and simple way for people who want it.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Excellent. Will there be an option to set up our most frequented forums like it is for the firefox one?

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Don't know how useful it will be to some of you. I tossed together a quick extension for coloring the OP a certain color along with making blockquotes look fancy.

Click here for the full 632x629 image.

Small file works get it here. http://crmain.com/temp/SA%20Css.crx

Hell it may be options in SALR already that I didn't notice.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Ferg posted:

Sebbe gave me a patch for this last week. I merged it in and forgot to note it in the 0.4.5 build. You'll see the option under the Highlighting tab.

Excellent. Didn't notice that part. Is there a way to incorporate this also? I'm lazy and hate clicking all of those buttons at the usercp to open in new tabs.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Ferg posted:

Wouldn't be hard to port over if somebody wants to pick up the work. I'm a bit bogged down this week.

I was trying to play with it earlier the only problem I saw was that Chrome doesn't like GM_OpenInTab option. And I can't seem to find a way around that.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Ferg posted:

Probably this is what you're looking for: http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/tabs.html#method-create

Looks about right. I will play around with it later on tonight and let you know if I can get it working. I have just about everything I want from Firefox in Chrome to make the change.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

I tried playing with that earlier. And I could not get it to open in tabs. What I found and messed with wouldn't work. Hopefully Ferg will have better luck that I did.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I just looked at the uservoice thing. I will post the necessary CSS for the nice blockquote stuff.

code:
/*SA OP Color change.*/
.oppost
	{
		background-color: #FFF2AA !important; 
		/*border-collapse: collapse*/
	}

.bbc-block 
	{ 
		background-color: white !important; 
		border: 1px solid black !important; 
		padding: 0px !important; 
	}

.bbc-block h4 
	{ 
		border: none !important; 
		border-bottom: 1px solid black !important; 
		font-style: normal !important; 
		padding: 3px !important; 
	}

.salrQuoteOfSelf h4 
	{ 
		background-color: #C691D9 !important; 
	} 

.bbc-block blockquote 
	{ 
		padding: 7px 7px 7px 7px !important; 
	}
This is if someone quotes you.

code:
.salrQuoteOfSelf h4 
        { 
              background-color: #C691D9 !important; 
        } 

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Is there a way to have links from the button not open in a new tab? Other than that it's awesome.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Only a few small things that are currently keeping me from using Chrome full time. Is there a way to get the drop down menu when clicking on one of the forums list not open in a new tab?

Maybe someone can also suggest an extension that does not take focus from the current tab when you open new ones.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Anyone know what the default thread highlight colours are for the Firefox version of SALR? For some reason Firefox and Chrome SALR have different highlight colour values and I've always preferred FF's more matte look to Chrome's neon

I have noticed that it will vary from computer to computer for some reason. On one computer the colors are more muted, whereas a different computer that are bright neon. My biggest problem is on some computers I can't tell the difference between read and unread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I think this was talked about before, for me, the colors on several different computers and screens are way too light. It makes it difficult to tell between read and unread, I put in the colors the Firefox version uses but still the same problem. Is this a Chrome problem with color rendering? About the only thing that stops me from using the Chrome full time.

• Locked thread