Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I've skimmed the thread but haven't read in depth the 25 pages, so if this has been answered I apologize...

I'm running Windows XP Home. Just installed Google Chrome because Firefox has been making GBS threads the bed on me more and more often and I feel Chrome is more streamlined overall. The only thing holding me back until now is the SALR extension, as sad as that sounds.

So far I've gotten it set up to work 90% how I like it. My favorite feature on the Firefox version, however, was the SA menu option on the toolbar. Getting over the fact that the default Chrome UI seems super dumbed-down, I figured out how to make the jump list appear on the omnibar. My only problem is it seems the icon for the jump list only appears when I'm already on the forums, so I can't jump from another site to a specific forum.

Any way around this?

Edit: I noticed lucky13pjn above wanting the selected forums to not pop up a new tab. I'd like that as well. :)

Edit 2: From what I've read online another of my big complaints (no menu bar) has not been addressed by Google.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Aug 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Sneaking Mission posted:

There's a second extension which puts a button next to the omnibar which will be visible on all websites.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jmhkgkpgnifdhpkjfjolilcikhahmbbk

Ferg posted:

Just got your pull request, I'll merge it and throw up the update for SALR and another update for the browser button in the morning.

For anybody using SALR with that Chrome extension that beautifies the forums, Sneaking Missions latest patch improves compatibility.

Awesome. I'm slowly warming up to Chrome and finding the quick responses pretty awesome. :) Thanks for the help, guys.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Just recently I can't get mouse gesture navigation to work anymore. :(

Edit: Nevermind. Hit alt and it works again.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 12, 2017

• Locked thread