Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Is there an extension to let me bring up the search bar with . or / instead of just ctrl+f?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

gwar3k1 posted:

Is there any way you could implement a forums menu in Chrome? That and the highlighting are my SALR must-have features and are the reason I still use Firefox for everything. I like Chrome but I can't swap browsers if I'm losing functionality :(

It could be in an Icon, so it should be pretty easy to make.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ferg posted:

Yeah, my only concern is that BrowserActions aren't able to be toggled right now. Basically, it's there and you have no choice. The reason I've held off on it is because I'd rather have it implemented in such a way that a user could turn it off if they want to (and I'm that guy who would turn it off).

If there's a number of you that want it though, I'll get to work on it.

Could you make a second addon with just this list so people who want it can install and people who don't won't? Then there's no loss of features and you get the choice.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ferg posted:

I just uploaded v0.4. The release includes:

- Inline post counts
- Option to turn off the custom (blue/orange) thread jump buttons
- Option to highlight friend's posts (submitted by Sebbe)
- Fix for the bug where a horizontal scrollbar might hide the page navigator
- Fixed the drop shadow for the page navigator

Currently it looks like Github is being stubborn about updating the actual CRX. I'm going to leave it be for the remainder of my workday, and if the auto-updater is still pulling up the old CRX file I'll look into a solution.

Also updated the OP.

Will any of these improve performance? Loading an SA page has a 1 second lag even on my desktop. Hoping that killing the custom thread jump buttons might do that, since that's where most of the problem is.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

bloodynose posted:

Like I said, I disabled the header link.

Well, it's the only way to access it for now, so you're hosed.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ferg posted:

Okay, Github was starting to irritate me and Google's method of uploading/updating extensions is much better. Unfortunately the unique key that is used to identify an extension isn't shared across both Google and the non-Google repo so you will need to uninstall and reinstall if you want to continue receiving automatic updates. Obviously I'll still use Github for hosting the code and managing all that, but I won't use Github Pages for hosting the CRX file anymore.

Here's the link: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed?hl=en-US

Since I'm in a motivated mood, I'll look into UserVoice or something similar.

Thanks, set this up and it's awesome.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Anyway you could take the forum's coloring of threads into effect? I like to mark certain important threads in the red and threads i might want to check up on every now and then but not necessarily read in Yellow. works fine in Firefox SALR but Chrome's overrides it. I know Chrome's limited but I dunno how limited.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Also while I'm making requests anyway you could come up with something akin to the youtube highlight code to work for usernames too? I might try my hand at it later since most of the code already exists but I'm not familiar with JS so I'll be muddling through it.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ferg posted:

Highlighting them how?

Click here for the full 1643x520 image.

Just a suggestion based on what Youtube does right now.

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48927-general/suggestions/620233-username-highlighting?ref=title

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48927-general/suggestions/620237-support-the-forum-bookmark-colors?ref=title

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Edmond Dantes posted:

I got the gmail advanced notifier, xmarks and AdBlock, all 3 show up.

None of those are IN the omnibar, they're on the button bar with the page/wrench icons though. Talking about a tiny icon inside the url bar.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Aatrek posted:

Here's question for you:

When jumping to the "Last Unread Post," is there any way for the browser to reposition itself back to the post after the images on the page load?

Option in forums control panel: Adjust the page position to the top of the requested post after the page loads
Meant to readjust the page after images load (currently buggy in IE6)

This should do it.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Aatrek posted:

Well heck. Thanks.

Bonus is it's stored forums-side so you get it everywhere without SALR.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Did you change hosting again? I forced an update and I'm still on 0.5.3.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

So problem with Quick Reply, if a post has been edited, it includes the "So and so hosed around with this message" as regular text.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Just installed SALR fresh after chrome ate my profile, and quote highlighting isn't working. It's enabled, and everything else is working including Username-in-post highlighting (so it knows my username fine) but it's not doing quotes.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ferg posted:

Snap a screenshot of your settings page. Probably a weird regression that cropped up recently.

Click here for the full 1680x965 image.

Click here for the full 1680x965 image.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

So I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling SALR and I still can't get own post or quote highlighting to work. No errors on the UserJS page. It'll highlight my name in posts, it'll highlight the OP. It won't highlight own posts or quotes of me.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ferg posted:

Got a fix for this, I'll roll it up and upload it in a jiffy.

And it's rolled out. Casao/LastInLine, try a reinstall and see if that helps. Also if you were tweaking the colors for the highlighting that may have been a culprit, so try without custom colors first.

Rohaq - This release includes the feature you requested. You can enable in the "Other Options" section of the settings screen.

Yeah, the update fixed it, thanks.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Click here to view the full image

Bug I noticed today with the click to collapse stuff on the quotes. It works, but it doubles up, and if collapse it, it will show tl;dr and the stats twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Been noticing this for a week or so now. OSX, Dev Channel. Anyone else seeing this?

BTW, used imgur integration to upload this. It owns.

• Locked thread