Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
osigas
Mar 4, 2006

Then maybe you shouldn't be living here

kevdude posted:

My Chrome just updated to 4.0.223.16, so I tried to get this extension going. After downloading and attempting to run, a little dialog pops up that says extensions are not enable. I googled how to do this, but the results I found all refer to registry edits. Is there not a simple builtin way to enable extensions?
4.0.223.16 is in the Beta channel and does not have extension support yet, only bookmark syncing. You need to use the Dev channel build (still at 4.0.223.11 confusingly) to use extensions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

osigas
Mar 4, 2006

Then maybe you shouldn't be living here

Mr. Fish posted:

You should probably put in the OP that you need to be on the dev channel to use this, for some reason the 4.0.# beta build doesn't have the extensions yet :(

The dev build is lower than the beta? I guess this means they decided to lay off extensions for a while?
The official word was they are waiting to finalise the extensions API before putting it in the beta, and with the speed Chrome has developed so far I doubt it'll be long before that happens.

Linky: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/

• Locked thread