Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colawa
Oct 14, 2006

He came dancing across the water

frr posted:

Yeah, I'm on the lookout for something that may be a better fit since I spend 1/3 of my life working...

Can you at least put up some pictures or something? That looks depressing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colawa
Oct 14, 2006

I'm currently an electrician, and I'm interesting in (Electrical) Engineering. I'm doing my trade schooling right now and it really made me realize how much I miss my brain being stimulated (I'm well aware of how easy this stuff is in comparison). A few of my reasons for being interesting in Engineering are the prospects of learning something new all the time, always being challenged mentally, and a sense of pride in what I do and my capabilities to it. I also find it super interesting, far more so than doing physical labour all day, breathing in cilica dust, with minimal thinking or problem solving required.

Would I be insane to want to go to school to become an Engineer (after all my trade schooling is done) while maintaining a 7-3 full-time job? I'm completely willing to take a longer time to finish as long as it makes it possible, I'm in no hurry and I also realize it will be a huge workload. If possible, what could one expect in doing so? Is it even a common thing to find Engineering courses in the afternoon/at night?

I'm basically in the position where this is something I'd like to pursue but don't have a very accurate idea of what exactly it entails, so if anyone could shed some light for me, that would be much appreciated!

(I want to be an Engineer!)

Colawa
Oct 14, 2006

Out of curiosity, what % of students in your classes were not there straight from highschool? This is not directed at anyone in particular

Colawa
Oct 14, 2006

Subcrid are you from Vancouver? Would you be able to tell me how BCIT compares to UBC as far as engineering education goes?