Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blobbo
Jun 21, 2000

Corrupted posted:

Ah, didn't realize it was so different at other places. I retract =)

Same with Oxford and Cambridge in the UK - I believe they only issue BAs at undergraduate level. Seems to be a trend with older universities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blobbo
Jun 21, 2000

Frinkahedron posted:

In the US, Engineering is one of the most sought after majors. I don't know why Canada would be much different. All the engineers currently in industry are retiring and young engineers are being rapidly promoted. The guy who interviewed me for an internship last spring was no more than three years out of college at most and already in charge of programs.

Also, at the recent job fair on campus, the Westinghouse booth told me they were looking for nuclear engineers (as well as mechanical, electrical, etc) like mad due to the retiring of all the older engineers and the upcoming boom in nuclear plant construction.

Likewise, in the UK it seems as though engineers can almost dictate their salary since they're so scarce. I've seen statistics showing how job numbers are increasing at a significantly faster rate than graduates being produced. My company would like more engineers (many types, including nuclear), but we can barely keep up with replacing those who retire with new graduates.