Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

I have a BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Currently working as a design/project/commissioning engineer for a small company that makes human driven and automatic process robots for foundry and forge applications.

So far it has been good, there's a fair bit of travel involved and the work is always interesting. Programming robots in an automated forge system was pretty scary after only working for the company for a few weeks, but it was rewarding. Engineering at its simplest is just problem solving, and there are always new problems to solve.

I like working for a smaller company (bigger cog etc), and always getting to work with different people when travelling to different jobs (98% of the machinery we make is exported, to all continents). I was offered work in the defence-related industries (QinetiQ and Selex) but am still confident in my career decision at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU