Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobert
May 21, 2007
Come On!
College Slice

Dangerous Mind posted:

Thank you, this is not something I had considered. I will look more into it.

Also, to others, I am definitely not "too good" for entry level work. I'm just trying to think into the future, 5-10 years from now where I want to be and things I could/should be doing now to get there. It's not like as soon as I finish a cert or master's I'm gonna hit up my boss and demand to be promoted. I know things don't work that way.

I just finished my MSEE in December. My program was very similar to the one you described, I took 10 classes over 5 years - one at a time while working.

I picked classes to shore up my knowledge at work, like comms and rf, and was able to move to a role with more design responsibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobert
May 21, 2007
Come On!
College Slice
I knew I wanted to do engineering in school. Ended up in Computer Engineering specifically because I didn't want to have to take Thermodynamics (ME, aero) or Fields (EE). Ended up loving digital design and FPGAs so it all worked out.